Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Forward and Reverse, does it exist ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Forward and Reverse, does it exist ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Automan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forward and Reverse, does it exist ?

Does any module for reverse exist for 1/6 Fg Monster Truck ? I know i would really want one anyway, would be very nice to be able to put it in reverse in many situations [sm=biggrin.gif]

There must be one because those smaller things 1/8 and so on have it, why not on big scale 1/6 - 1/5 hmmm[sm=devious.gif] ???
Old 02-16-2005, 05:10 AM
ibstar

Default RE: Forward and Reverse, does it exist ?

i'd say cause theres no need for reverse when racing
the only fg i've seen with reverse is the electric on road
i use me foot for reverse
Old 02-16-2005, 05:16 AM
original.mb

automan

its funny you mention that because I was surfing the net or ebay can't quite remember but this guy had an inclosed metal tranny with reverse? i'm gutted because I can't locate where it was I just had a quick search for it now but no joy, i'm sure it was state side though. sorry i can't be of more help.

regards
veron
Old 02-16-2005, 06:58 AM
Automan

ibstar, yes you are right about not needing a revers that much under a race, that i can agree on.

But when you drive your Monster Truck o Beetle or other of-road, and end up with you front against a complete stop like a big rock, a log, or something like that, could happen after a good spin or something... anyways, instead of having to go to the truck and pull it away (little bit embarrassing, and feels wrong to have to do that with such a big rc car), you could just put it in reverse and save face
Now really.. it would be great to have a reverse, we all have got into situations we would like to have a reverse i think, so please don't say the standard fraze... There is nothing stooping these cars, they go over everything, i have never get stuck with my car.... You know what some say always when there is a mention of a reverse for these big cars, why do people say they don't need it when they know that they would sooner or later ?? what are they afraid of ??? It's just a reverse, and would make the big car look more realistic, so i vote for Fg making a reverse to their of-road cars at least.

FG, Would you be so kind to make a reverse to the Monster Beetle/Truck and all your of-roads ???

I think we should be a little ashamed compared to those little p.o.s nitros, when they have reverse and we with our big scale cars don't, i for one feel that it's something wrong with this whole picture [sm=frown.gif]

And please don't blame it on being a bad driver, there is always a chance you get stuck anyway.. even if you are a professional driver. You always want to test the limits and new roads, so getting in those situations that a reverse function would solve isn't due to bad driver all the time [sm=biggrin.gif]
Old 02-16-2005, 07:19 AM
Tough Guy

Automan, I am with you on the reverse. I have recently inquired about the reverse module with some FG dealers and no one is aware of one. I am hoping that FG will consider coming out with one. If they can come up with the 4X4, the reverse should be a piece of cake.[X(]

No matter how good of a driver you are with the power of MT/MB, you tend to take it to the limit and run into a dead end. It will be nice to have the reverse. Like you say, saving face is important especially when you have a bunch of people watching. It is like having a Mercedes or an exotic car and installing donut tires on it.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:02 AM
pehter aka ibbe

I think that a reverse is a little bit trickier than 4wd. It would be sweet though.

Veron:this one?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=73674
Old 02-16-2005, 09:31 AM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

You can have reverse for 1/4 scale. Not for 1/6 scale because the way the motor is laied out. there is no room.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:41 AM
original.mb

pehter akke ibbe

thats the one10 must be custom judging by the price [X(]
Old 02-16-2005, 12:36 PM
jeepfreak1972

In the past I thought reverse was cool on rc cars. Now I think it just and weight and more things to break. Forword only conversions are popular for nitro for a reason. The cars are faster and less prone to malfunctions w/o reverse in my exp. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:58 PM
34Ford
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well there is a way around this. Build the tranny so that a reverse can be installed IF you want it like in the Savages.
And for those of you dont want it, well its just not there adding weight.

Now the manufacture can satisfy BOTH people. Back yard bashers and racers.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:27 PM
ibstar

nope jeepfreak1972 hit the nail on the head the first rule is
K.I.S. keep it simple
yeap reverse would be handy now and again
but its extra moving parts, and not as easy as you'd think.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:33 PM
RCholic

I would live with ALL these "Cons" to have reverse...
I did not get into these RC's for the racing aspect and feel a reverse tranny WOULD BE a BIG SELLER for all the "Backyard Bashers" like myself...
34Fords idea on a "reverse option" tranny would be the ultimate setup...
Of course... ANYTHING can be Done... ALL it takes is MONEY!!!

I'd PREPAY for a reverse setup!
Old 02-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Automan

I wouldn't hesitate paying in advance for two reverse setups, one for my Bigfoot and one for my MCD Hummer.. in the near future

I think there would be a very big market for a reverse for these 1/6 -1/5 cars, at least the 1/6 cause the Fg Monster hype thats going on... in some degree i think But seriously, there would be many who would want a reverse for their big car.
And would be so cool to be able to let the truck move out of places it got stuck in, be able to move it back and forward to finally get a better grip to move on, not that fun always to just use full throttle, nice sometimes to climb and use different technique to get where you want... and that would go much better with a reverse function on the truck.

I really feels kinda dumb and unnecessary pain not to have a reverse for a car of this size, quite embarrassing to have to have to go to the truck and move it, kinda demolish the big cool factor of the machine. Have heard comments from brother and fiance, parents and grandpa... doesn't it have a reverse ? and that question is ringing in my head at the time i hear it and after that i think of the question, and ask my self..... why didn't they just put a reverse in it, why. They must have known that it would be a irritating thing not to have for most people, so why didn't they do that, they have had 1/6 cars out for some time now, why not even once try to make one ?

I think they should make a reverse.... but then again, they may come out with a 4wd with belt drive, if they do that i don't know if i want it then... maybe i just skip it if it has a belt drive instead of shaft. If they cant make a 4wd with shaft, i don't ever think they will be able to make a reverse kit []
Old 02-16-2005, 09:03 PM
34Ford
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at this Savage reverse module pic.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDSD1&P=Z

The beauty of this is the Savage's transmission comes without a reverse, BUT..........it has the space inside its case for this module to fit if you choose to have it.
Now thats thinking ahead. It gives both styles of people what they want, and if you decide to remove it, by gosh you can without anything modified to the point you cant run without it.

I kinda like what Automan said about, what it dont have a reverse and you paid how much for it!!! My gosh kid.
Usually the first thing people ask me when I running any R/C model. How far that thing go, then how much it cost, SAY WHAT, D$%# that S&$^s expensive aint it. Duh, its my money and you dont have one hehe.

Anyway, LOL, back to the regular program.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:54 AM
Automan

I hesitated telling my parents and brother how much it cost at first, but then when i said how much my father said that he thought it would be around that sum, and my grandpa had a little hard time thinking a toy could cost that much, but then when he saw how it was built and what kind of engine there was inside, he totally forgot about the price and thought it was cool (he is a former car mechanic and service guy, and now build at work some very amazing technical solutions for anything they want).

If anyone ask me how much it cost, and i don't know them, i say a couple of 100$. I don't like bragging about stuff, and i don't like to show of. And if some kids would come i say it's a ordinary cheap nitro or something... go away ! i don't know I don't like public when i drive, just wanna drive and have fun with my brother and or my fiance or family, thats all i want. But it's very nice to bach it out with other rc monsters, and at that situation i don't mind if some nitros come along to, the more the merrier

Ok, i don't think the Fg MT is that expensive, but with this size of the car, i would expect to be able to put it in reverse. I cant believe it, they make 2speed and now working on 4wd, and there have never been a word of making a reverse, thats baaad Fg, shame on you. You make your costumers feel like "stone-age" like they drive some pos wall-mart rc truck or worse when not being able to put the damn thing in reverse. Look at the nitro you are kinda competing with in some way, they have reverse and are laughing at us for not having it, and with our bigger cars we should be able to have one.... as an option anyway Don't make me crush those poor defenseless cute nitros with my MT, just make that reverse and save lots of tiny nitros before they get extinct [sm=lol.gif]

Come on Fg, make this thing happen, you know that it will be a demand for it, and you are going to be selling allot of them i can promise you that ! so please help us Fg of-roaders to save face and be able to use our cars in a new level of fun and excitement [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 02-17-2005, 06:53 AM
original.mb

reverse is good especially when your mt is half a mile down the road and you are in a crowd of spectators all amazed at this state of the art 1/6 scale mt then all of a sudden you get stuck and have to walk your way to it before it gets knicked
Old 02-17-2005, 09:09 AM
mbba2002
Banned
My Feedback: (10)

Fg makes cars inexpensive and easy to maintain.The simplest drive is 2 wd with the motor sideways. You lucky they are making a 4 wd kit. I don't like the belt drive for the MT. It should have been shaft drive. The more options you put on thes cars the price goes up. You buy a plastic car and start putting aluminun options on ans the price goes sky high. 1/4 scale is all metal and you can have 4x4 and 2 speed and forward /reversewhat ever you wanted. The only good thing about FG is you can get parts easy. 1/4 scale you have to make your own parts or keep looking . 1/4 scale was popular in the 80's. Now 1/6 scale is.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:24 PM
James Yeung

After a week of wondering if FG or other big gassers have reverse and I am truly dissapointed that they don't! Nooooooooooo! Make it as an option!

I've been playing with electrics way back when and it's fun to use reverse even when I don't need it. Now I want a big gas toy and I don't like the idea of no reverse.

Maybe I'll go for the Savage!?

And yes, it would be imbarrassing if it got stock a block away with a crowd/friends. How much this thing cost and it doesn't have reverse? I'm asking the same question too! hahaah

James
Old 09-21-2005, 05:00 AM
Mike@Accurate

I think it was from a conveyor system. 24v F/N/R. Energize no wires=neutral, 1pair=F other pair=R. 3"deep x 3 3/4" tall x 2 1/4" wide. 3mm pitch belt. I've yet to try it. Had to have it though. MIKE
Old 09-21-2005, 05:27 AM
ammdrew

Reverse would be very cool, extra moving parts can be a huge bummer in the drive train though. But it would still be very neat to have. I am sure eventually one of the manufacturers will produce a reverse transmission.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:11 AM
mightycasey
Banned

Reverse has already been done for 1/4 scale again but no room for 1/5 scale. Know one wants to pays for it now. New Era had one but limited and hared to get (OUT OF BUSINESS). The New one has been engineered to fit the Zenoah style motors with 2 piece kit( clutch housing and transmission).You can buy the pieces separate or together. New Era one only fit one motor and had to be modified to fit different motors.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:07 AM
Automan

mightycasey, i have sent you a pm
Old 09-21-2005, 11:48 PM
James Yeung

It would be great if new 1/5 models would come with the reverse option. I'll put it in right away!

So, I just read that HPI is coming out with a 1/5th gasser. Great news, it should have the reverse option. Nope. IT's 100% RTR and comes with 2 channel Tx, so forget reverse.

That's too bad. I want to get into these big gassers and the only thing holding me back is reverse. I guess the huge majority don't care about reverse except for us here. I mean, c'mon, it gets stuck 300ft away and a bunch of strangers see you walk up to the car and nudge it with your feet. Alright, who cares about that, but walking 300ft b/c the car doesn't have reverse is unacceptable. Sorry for ranting, but the only thing preventing me is reverse!

Off topic, but I have to say, I'm never going to buy Traxxas. Why in the world would they not let LHS stock their parts? I have a LHS that carries a wall of FG parts and HPI. I don't remember if they carry Traxxas and if they do, there is no way I will buy it. That's poor PR, IMO.

The HPI Savage is looking good right now. I wish it has a zenoah in it. Arrgh!

James
Old 09-22-2005, 03:05 AM
Automan

I think there are many out there who would have bought a 1/6 - 1/5 gasser if it had reverse, and i have also thought for a long time that it should have reverse.

It's not funny having to walk all way down to the car just because it have no reverse, or just having to help the car because it have no reverse, it doesn't look good at all, and wont make people very impressed = not that great sales Fg !! or lauterbacher,harm,technokit etc etc.

Make an effort and try to manufacture this reverse, it would most certainly be a popular item, and sell in great numbers [sm=thumbup.gif] The reason why 2speed haven't sold that much, is probably that they go quite fast even without them, so you cant really compare a reverse to for example the 2speed module.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:42 AM
James Yeung

Automan, you're absolutely right!

Especially when HPI releases its first 1/5th model (assuming designed from the ground up) and does not have reverse or as an option. Making a 1/5th Savage may automatically make it a big hit to nitro Savage fans to mitrate to gas.

From the big thread about the new HPI 1/5th, it looks like the concensus is why do a 1/5th buggy and not a monster truck first!? I'm sure they'll make sometime down the road and maybe saving reverse for the 2nd model, but seriously. The only thing lacking in the nitro/gas car world is that inferno reverse option!

James

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.