Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Monster Beetle shocks

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 04:48 PM
fire01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster Beetle shocks

Can anybody tell me if we can swap the front shocks for the rear on the MB considering they are longer it would give more suspension travel.[sm=confused.gif]But would have to reset the camber though.

Also what are the front and rear shocks considered as lenght in the FG catalogue(small,med,long)

Thanks
Old 02-18-2005, 06:55 PM
Automan

Default RE: Monster Beetle shocks

I don't understand, isn't the front and rear suspension the same length ? thats what i think anyways. Only difference is that rear have a thicker ring at the top for hardening the spring.. a thinner ring at the top of the front shocks for softer spring-action. Thats how it is on my Bigfoot anyway, and i thought it was the same length on the suspension as your Beetle.

The shocks are the long type, thats what i was told when i ordered my aluminum shocks a couple of days ago. Ordered Lauterbachers long aluminum shocks
Old 02-18-2005, 08:04 PM
mnf1sand

If you put the longs on the front you could gain a little, but you can't gain in the rear. There is only so far you can go with the axle angles. And you already have the long shocks on the rear. Jacking the front up in the air won't help the driveabillity.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:18 PM
fire01

ya your right mnf1sand i never thought of that oh well suspension is good now,can t wait to test it out.