RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

F.A.O FGUK.

Old 02-19-2005, 02:00 PM
arjwhite

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default F.A.O FGUK.

Hi mate,i was having a look around the net last night and came across your monocle on the J&A racing site forum and was wondering if you know of anymore info or links for the T3 off road car as their website seems a bit reluctant to show any pics/give any info about the car especialy with their estimated release date looming?.
Cheers

Andy.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:29 PM
FGUK
Banned

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: F.A.O FGUK.

Hello Andy, these Scousers get everywhere................

I provisionally ordered a set of alloy MT wheels a while ago, have had a few emails saying there'd be a delay but haven't heard anything for a couple of weeks now.

The road car looks awesome, but I hope JA are better at getting spares made for it than they are at making my wheels!

Not sure about the T3, I did ask about it myself ad haven't had anything back from James yet............

However there's a user on here, James2001 or similar who's bought the road car, I'm sure he'll turn up on this thread soon, he's in Canada I think?

A.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:46 AM
arjwhite

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Many thanks for the quick reply.Yes the road car looks tremendous i just hope they can include a large number of their aluminum parts on the off road car with the estimated price being £650-£700.It would certainly be an option to the marder race/leapard providing they can come up with a half decent spares backup.Anyway Good luck with the wheels mate i hope you hear something soon.

Andy.
Old 02-20-2005, 06:48 AM
james2001

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi, err....'No'.

I don't know why, but J&A seem to have two sites up. The first one:

[link=http://www.jaracing.com]www.jaracing.com[/link]

seems to be a little dated, but has some pictures of the T3 if you click the link at the top that says 'T3 1/5th' but those look a little old.

The better one is at: [link=http://www.jaracing.co.uk]www.jaracing.co.uk[/link]

this one seems a bit newer (why two?) and the gallery page looks neat (although they've changed that a few times in the past couple of weeks)
has loads of pics of the car. There's also a link at the main page that gives you data on the T3, and you can download a data pack.

The only downer being that the .co.uk site takes FOREVER to load. I'm sure that if you left a message on the forum or gave James an e-mail he'd send you some stuff. Did for me anyway.

You still haven't got your wheels yet FG? weird. you ask for a custom design or something?

The T3 itself is faultless as far as I can judge. It's hard to really gun it when you've got all that shine, but the cars so solid you never think it's gonna flip anyway. Just don't run it offroad!

I'd love to see what the offroad's gonna look like when it's done. I hope for alloy, but for 700.00 GBP I don't know how much we'll get. Still wait and see I guess.

Old 02-20-2005, 07:05 AM
james2001

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I've mailed James for some extra info on the Offroad car.

I'll let you all know about what I get back when it comes.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:08 AM
arjwhite

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks,much appreciated.

Andy.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:22 PM
BILKO1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

There's one of JA racings cars in the local model shop to me its stunning but costs £1700 has a Porsche body on it.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:13 PM
james2001

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi All.

Here's the mail I received back from J&A Racing today....

>>
Dear James,

Thanks for your interest in the T3 Offroad.

In regards to your queries, the T3 is still due to be released in March. We don't intend to delay the release at all.

A noteworthy point however, is that due to our initial manufacturing setup, the first batch will be produced from CNC machined plastics rather than injection moulded parts. This will in no way affect the price of the car, but will mean that the look of the car will change slightly between its release date and the time where we have the moulds in place for the parts. This will mean that the first batch of offroaders will be a 'Limited Edition' run. Probably no more than 100 cars. 65% of these are due to be released to the US, with the remainder going to primarily the UK and Europe.

The amount of alloy on the cars is still in debate, but we expect that to keep costs in everyones price-bracket, that the car will have only a few essential alloy parts, namely the chassis, Differential, and possibly the roll-cage. The price is set to be around the 700 Pound mark for the base spec car. Upgrades are interchangeable, to a large degree, with the T3 Pro and FG range and will be available direct through ourselves, and through a number of US and UK dealers.

No pictures are available as yet, but please keep posted on our gallery page. All our current customers will receive an e-mail notifying them of the release date for the car when it is finalised.

Hope that helps you James. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Many Thanks

James Flanagan.

<<