Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

adjusting rea lower arms??? please help!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

adjusting rea lower arms??? please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 04:35 AM
addzRC.Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adjusting rea lower arms??? please help!!

i bought a rear lower alloy swing arm for my fg marder AND need the setup. I also have the rear upper alloy and lower arms but need adjusting but have no idea what to do!!! my tires stay slanted to one side and my drive shaft is to looseeeeee

please post som pictures or info............... many thanks

FG Marder
Old 03-02-2005, 04:50 AM
ibstar

Default RE: adjusting rea lower arms??? please help!!

modelracer has a pretty good off road set up guide
http://www.modelracer.com/articlesho...articles_id=49
Old 03-02-2005, 11:58 AM
Apache-

That is always a problem when you want to change something (quickly is fully impossible!) on those rear FG arms. The construction simply is wrong because changing a thing in the arm will make a difference immediately in other set-ups on your car also. It has to do with the point of rotation which is wrong chosen when this was designed with the rotation point (ball joint) on the chassis. You'd better spend a bit more money and get rid of this problem using the rear arms of elcon. They have the rotation point on the end of your drive shaft at your upright, not on the chasis. Those can be adjusted much better, as a change in set up will not influence your drive shaft comming loose or the length of your wheelbase. Also you can read your setup straight away on the wishbones per half degree. It was the best change I made and they are easy and quick for adjusting. Unfortunately you have the other arms already, maybe you could change them at your shop if you did not use them still.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:41 PM
JRexA

What about these rear arms?

[link=http://www.fg-modellsport-vertrieb.com/index.html?http://www.fg-modellsport-vertrieb.c...htm]Hötschick Tuning EVO04 Style rear arms for off-road[/link]
Old 03-02-2005, 03:52 PM
AceCoolie

FG's rear arms suck. Here a [link=http://www.rctek.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2460&highlight=]thread[/link] I posted on RC Tek. I switched to KP Designs but even they have a few "quirks" of their own.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:56 PM
FGUK
Banned

Well mine are ok.........

Whoever you bought them from should be able to talk/show you how to fit them, at least they should if they know anything about FG's......... and if they don't then I wouldn't be buying from them again!

I got mine from Effective Tuning, and he was mega, talked me through setting my tracking up at least 3 times, a very patient (or lonely lol) man!

Old 03-02-2005, 04:09 PM
dazzahughesuk

I did not know that E.T. did them.

ORIGINAL: FGUK

Well mine are ok.........

Whoever you bought them from should be able to talk/show you how to fit them, at least they should if they know anything about FG's......... and if they don't then I wouldn't be buying from them again!

I got mine from Effective Tuning, and he was mega, talked me through setting my tracking up at least 3 times, a very patient (or lonely lol) man!

Old 03-02-2005, 05:25 PM
addzRC.Maniac

any more???
Old 03-02-2005, 05:53 PM
FGUK
Banned

[:'(]
Old 03-02-2005, 06:03 PM
Apache-

After you have setted the FG ones they might be ok. But if you want to switch or adjust the setup a bit to improve driving control then again you will be bothering with the length of your drive shaft. Loosening one screw makes you loosen the second etc etc.
As AceCoolie said I also think they are crap, it is so hard to get a symmetric setup.[:@]

Look at the total bottom of this page to see how the principe was worked out by elcon.
http://www.elcon-models.com/?q=taxonomy/view/or/23

For me this is the best. The inside between the 2 parts is well constructed as the bolts are never under a shear tension as they made a rotation point inside the middle arm and the outside triangle. This cannot be seen on the pictures on their website but there is on the bigger part a little hole and on the triangle a little neck which fit exactly in each other. This neck and hole connection take the shear forces, the bolts are just clamping the 2 parts together. With 2 small bolts the triangle is adjusted on the right angle (can be read on the arm), tighten the other bolts and it is done, realy easy.
The rotation point of the triangle is situated under the end of the drive shaft so which angle you install the drive shaft never becomes more loose or tight it just fits. A quick change is easily made on the track. Also the problem of space on the balljoints, this is gone using a normal shaft and some bushes.