Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Monster Truck - Final Decision

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 05:16 AM
ricok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monster Truck - Final Decision

Just to let you guys know, I have finalized my order at FG-Modellsport-Vertrieb.de. Here is the details:

1 x Monster Truck RTR (G260RC4)
1 x Gear Cover
1 x 14mm spacers for the back
1 x Roll Bar
2 x 500cps shock oil
4 x Hard Tires, non-glued, without the inserts, with the 'Big Foot' writings on them. The shop owner (Siegfried) had no problem swopping the tires out for me.

Siegfried really has been of great service. Unfortunately they only communicate in German, but thats not really a problem. Just make use of one of the hundreds of online translators. I think their prices are really good and they had all the items I've requested in stock.

Thats it. Hope I've made the right decision...
Old 03-02-2005, 05:58 AM
geniusgene

Default RE: Monster Truck - Final Decision

get ready to have some serious fun.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:25 AM
MJT

At last -

Congrats, you will be surprised of its massive size and its power - its awesome. The spur gear cover is definitely a good investment.

I know you have bought your stuff at FG Modellsport-vertrieb.de, but the German site Hobbythek - rc-car-online.de are also a great shop. They speak english, and their servicelevel is simply extraordinary good.

Happy bashing
Old 03-02-2005, 08:28 AM
ricok

I agree, the only problem is Hobbythek will not discharge me from the VAT! I'm living outside the EU - thus not suppose to pay the EU VAT. The VAT gets charged in South-Africa. So I bought from FG Modellsport-vertrieb.de instead. They had no problem helping me...

Hobbythek's loss!
Old 03-02-2005, 08:39 AM
No Moa
My Feedback: (1)

i liked the MT so much, i bought another one last night. lol, wife is not impressed to say the least.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:46 PM
AceCoolie

Don't get 4 hard tires. It should come with 2 hard for the front and 2 medium for the rear. This will help handling when you drive on road.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:07 PM
paul_c
My Feedback: (6)

ORIGINAL: No Moa

i liked the MT so much, i bought another one last night. lol, wife is not impressed to say the least.

You really like to live dangerously, don't you?!
Old 03-02-2005, 05:38 PM
paedbo
My Feedback: (2)

i have one question ricok, the site shows the monster beetle as 6004 and then 6004r does the R mean ready to run?
Old 03-02-2005, 05:53 PM
No Moa

ORIGINAL: paul_c

ORIGINAL: No Moa

You really like to live dangerously, don't you?!
Actually i call it stupidity, insanity, and just a bit of Danger.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:18 AM
ricok

ORIGINAL: paedbo

i have one question ricok, the site shows the monster beetle as 6004 and then 6004r does the R mean ready to run?
Yes
Old 03-03-2005, 06:20 AM
ricok

ORIGINAL: AceCoolie

Don't get 4 hard tires. It should come with 2 hard for the front and 2 medium for the rear. This will help handling when you drive on road.
What do you mean by that? Does it help with grip?
Old 03-03-2005, 06:22 AM
Monkeyboy

just wondering guys, why is it that some people have two or more sometimes of the same truck?
Old 03-03-2005, 06:40 AM
Automan

Some are lying, some have to much money, others.. the mainstream have more then one because they just love it so much that they bought another one

Many like my self starts of with one big scale car, then another... and another, and so on When you get one of these baby's you are most likely to love it so much that you just want one more, or you just wanna spend more on upgrading the one you have. It's an addiction big time but i think it's better to put your money on these things then to party up all the money or smoke or something like that. The only addiction i have besides my big cars and other small stuff is coca cola i don't drink alcohol, or smoke or any other drugs at all. I just want to play with my toys and buy thing to them Soon i will start building again... i miss that. Maybe that boat, or a nice plane, we'll see
Old 03-03-2005, 07:04 AM
No Moa

i bought another to show to people and i have a couple of people that went nuts over my first one, so i might be able to get another person in our small group of owners, also if i don't sell it, then i'm going to get the staduim truck body, and tires, maybe put some alloy on it.

And one is never enough!
Old 03-03-2005, 08:28 AM
amitysanimal

Monkeyboy......In order to fully understand why NoMoa has two MT's, you really need to know him. I feel I know him quite well and I beleive the reasons he needs 2 MT's is:

1 He is a sick little man.

2 He is doing it make his wife mad. ( That must be why we all do it because they all seem to get mad when we buy one of these)

3 To make me jealous. (It worked)

Sorry No Moa, I just had to.

Seriously though, these things are an addiction, I have the MB and I know I'm addicted. If I had the extra money, I would have 2 of them for sure. I am concentrating on putting what I want in the MB for now, then fixing up a couple of my other rc's. But I may get another MB, MT, MB PRO, or Marder Race in the future.

amitysanimal
Old 03-03-2005, 08:39 AM
rhylsadar

i don't drink alcohol, or smoke or any other drugs at all.
....now i know why i always have too little money left for rc.....
Old 03-03-2005, 08:40 AM
mrfisse

ORIGINAL: ricok

Just to let you guys know, I have finalized my order at FG-Modellsport-Vertrieb.de. Here is the details:

1 x Gear Cover
1 x Roll Bar
2 x 500cps shock oil
4 x Hard Tires, non-glued, without the inserts, with the 'Big Foot' writings on them. The shop owner (Siegfried) had no problem swopping the tires out for me.

Siegfried really has been of great service. Unfortunately they only communicate in German, but thats not really a problem. Just make use of one of the hundreds of online translators. I think their prices are really good and they had all the items I've requested in stock.

Roll bar?!
Hm what kind of roll bar ? Because i know the catalogue says on one of the pages that the tuned pipe and roll bar is not included in the delivery, the tuned pipe you wont get but you will get a reinforced rollcage with aluminum strengthenings that goes forward to the front wheel house. Dont know what kinda roll cage/bar they mean in the catalouge i have maybe missed something
Skip the hard tires, trust me go as soft as you can, you also get alot better grip in grass, sand with softer tires. And dont forget to drill holes in the backside of the rims, that makes the ride alot less jumpy, 4-6 mm holes is enough. You should also order Protective Bellows for the drive shafts. You need 2 of them, this is a must if you drive in dirt and dusty terrain. Unless you dont want to change the differential every month
And i really recommend you to NOT buy the RTR version, the best thing is if you choose your servos and transmitter yourself. The transmitter you get from FG is total crap. Go with a Futuba 3PM they are low in price now and really good. Plus i recommend you to go with digital servos, because they always have the strength they should have even if you make small servo movements. They do drain alot more battery but a 5 cell 3000mhA acc elimintes that problem.
Otherwise it looks pretty good, and trust me this car is alot of fun
Old 03-03-2005, 08:50 AM
No Moa

ORIGINAL: amitysanimal

Monkeyboy......In order to fully understand why NoMoa has two MT's, you really need to know him. I feel I know him quite well and I beleive the reasons he needs 2 MT's is:

1 He is a sick little man.

2 He is doing it make his wife mad. ( That must be why we all do it because they all seem to get mad when we buy one of these)

3 To make me jealous. (It worked)

Sorry No Moa, I just had to.

Seriously though, these things are an addiction, I have the MB and I know I'm addicted. If I had the extra money, I would have 2 of them for sure. I am concentrating on putting what I want in the MB for now, then fixing up a couple of my other rc's. But I may get another MB, MT, MB PRO, or Marder Race in the future.

amitysanimal

I resent the remark, i am NOT LITTLE!!!!!
Old 03-03-2005, 08:52 AM
FGUK
Banned

I also told him by PM most of the above..........

Good luck Ricok, You asked us all for advice, we gave it very patiently while you dithered for weeks and weeks, then when you do order, you order almost exactly what we advised against!?

As for getting RTR, then we'll look forward to your posts when you start to ask why you have no range and a "not very good" radio..........

Have fun.........

ORIGINAL: mrfisse

ORIGINAL: ricok

1 x Gear Cover
1 x Roll Bar
2 x 500cps shock oil

Roll bar?!
Hm what kind of roll bar ? Because i know the catalogue says on one of the pages that the tuned pipe and roll bar is not included in the delivery, the tuned pipe you wont get but you will get a reinforced rollcage with aluminum strengthenings that goes forward to the front wheel house. Dont know what kinda roll cage/bar they mean in the catalouge i have maybe missed something
Skip the hard tires, trust me go as soft as you can, you also get alot better grip in grass, sand with softer tires. And dont forget to drill holes in the backside of the rims, that makes the ride alot less jumpy, 4-6 mm holes is enough. You should also order Protective Bellows for the drive shafts. You need 2 of them, this is a must if you drive in dirt and dusty terrain. Unless you dont want to change the differential every month
And i really recommend you to NOT buy the RTR version, the best thing is if you choose your servos and transmitter yourself. The transmitter you get from FG is total crap. Go with a Futuba 3PM they are low in price now and really good. Plus i recommend you to go with digital servos, because they always have the strength they should have even if you make small servo movements. They do drain alot more battery but a 5 cell 3000mhA acc elimintes that problem.
Otherwise it looks pretty good, and trust me this car is alot of fun
Old 03-03-2005, 08:52 AM
amitysanimal

NoMoa....You mean you resemble that remark??????

amitysanimal
Old 03-03-2005, 08:54 AM
original.mb

if i didn't have a mrs. i would have as many as i could fit in my garage
Old 03-03-2005, 08:55 AM
No Moa

ROFL
Old 03-03-2005, 09:55 AM
original.mb

rofl??? is your pet dogg typing on your computer lol
Old 03-03-2005, 11:28 AM
MJT

Several of the guys from the danish site www.fg-forum.dk have several FG's - its awesome
Old 03-03-2005, 12:00 PM
No Moa

ORIGINAL: Veron

rofl??? is your pet dogg typing on your computer lol

wasn't for you, i was ROFL to amity for the above post!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.