Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

4WD - Soon on our buggys & trucks!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

4WD - Soon on our buggys & trucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 06:12 AM
Stegy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4WD - Soon on our buggys & trucks!!!

no comment
Old 03-02-2005, 07:15 AM
jimbo1890

Default RE: 4WD - Soon on our buggys & trucks!!!

sounds wild

better start saving my pennies.

p.s. I'm picking up my marder race from customs tomorrow can't wait. Damn import duty!

marder race limited
front cable brakes
bigfoot tyres & rims
Old 03-02-2005, 07:43 AM
ibstar

no comment
Old 03-02-2005, 09:56 AM
Featherpluckin
My Feedback: (6)

I will believe it when I see it. Seems every few weeks there is a rumor from a friend of a friend whos dad told him that this guy he knows has a email buddy who has a copntact who is related to a lady that is married to a guy that runs remote control vehicles and he heard from a friends reliable source that soon very very soon there is going to be a 4 wheel drive vehicle......and then lo and behold an angel arrives bearing news that the promised truck from the promised land has been delayed for one reason or another....I think I will start printing these rumors out and using them when i have trouble sleeping.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:51 AM
RCholic

A whole new 4WD platform chassis... [X(][8D]
I'll cross my fingers, BUT I won't hold my breath!
Old 03-02-2005, 11:22 AM
Stegy

no comment
Old 03-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Automan

Stegy, we all appreciate the info you gave us, i can promise you that we all like new info that's real and not fiction.
But understand that we are all suspicious about this 4wd kit to be any good, specially when they go with a belt drive, and they have said for a long time now that it will soon be available. Not so strange that some people get's frustrated and don't care about it any more.

I will look into that 4wd kit when it's available, even if i still don't like the belt drive, i wish they could make similar solution as the MCD 4wd, their 4wd works and why not build a similar setup, must be some ideas for Fg to make their own shaft drive 4wd instead of belt drive.
But if Fg decided to go with this belt drive as they seam to do, then we don't have much choice in the matter... if not any third part developer would make a real 4wd kit for the Fg monsters, i really hope someone will... and a reverse to would be nice [sm=thumbup.gif]

There is allot of talk going around about the 4wd to the Fg monsters etc, so don't take it personally. Allot of what Featherpluckin said is true, so don't get upset if they don't believe you right away, ok ? They are not angry at you Stegy, I think most people here are just fed up with rumors about this, they want to see a actual 100% real fact, no bull**** release date from Fg.
The news about the truck was new to me though, but i wont hold my breath... it will maybe be released around 2006/2007

It's very good that people are getting new info and post it here, just wish that there weren't so many fiction writers out there
Old 03-02-2005, 01:04 PM
dazzahughesuk

Keep that 4WD aways from my Marder!

Would rather get an MCD instead of that 4WD conversion kit!

Dazza
Old 03-02-2005, 02:16 PM
ibstar

no comment
Old 03-02-2005, 03:20 PM
skulldoctor

i think the monster beetle w/a shaft drive 4wd and a reverse would be awesome. i havnt been that excited about the belt drive. they should come out w/a totally new design w/shaft drive 4wd.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:49 PM
jeepfreak1972

Thanks for info. Now I can hope that they actually come out with the new car that you speak off. That would be cool.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:54 PM
rhylsadar

funny how many people are sceptical about this belt solution. i haven't seen any 6th scale belt driven car yet. i would be surprised if the fg solution is totally crap. theoretically possible but i think not very probable. so lets hope stegy is right and this conversion kit is coming soon! [sm=wink.gif]
rhylsadar
Old 03-02-2005, 04:59 PM
original.mb

thats sounds good i hope its true but that means more money
Old 03-02-2005, 05:12 PM
funshawstud

ALSO NO COMMENT ! LMAO
Old 03-03-2005, 08:54 AM
mrfisse

Isnt there already a 4WD kit available from FG to the marder series ? If you look at page 27 in their 2004 year catalogue there is a 4WD conversion kit.
[link=http://www.invictus.hu/www.buildersedge.org/fgcat2004/Html/27.htm]4WD Conversion Kit Here ![/link]
And actually there is already belt driven 1:5 cars, FGs F1 series are all belt driven.
[link=http://www.invictus.hu/www.buildersedge.org/fgcat2004/Html/69.htm]Belt pictures here[/link]
And what ive seen from F1 videos it seems to work very well. And you wont have spur gears stripping with belt transmission either and thats a plus
Old 03-03-2005, 09:08 AM
original.mb

mrfisse

you are right but there is no release date as of yet?

i myself will not knock the belt-driven system as there is always a method in madness i do believe it is a via-able, workable and reliable option and your link is a test to that but watch me get slated by all the haters for suggesting something different, its always the way around here i think it still will work regardless of what people feel. feeling and fact are 2 different things and alot of people around here get confused please guys if you are gonna slagg me for my opinion/views at least come with some factual evidence that it won't work then and maybe then i will take-heed but as of now i await the release date of the 4wd conversion and if you can't stand the 4wd conversion know one is being forced into buying it

its an option remember? but i do feel that having 4 wheel drive has its bonus's and for that simple reason i'm gonna go for it. as i mentioned before please don't slate me for thinking differently when everyone is so against it the 4wd conversion.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:13 AM
rhylsadar

And actually there is already belt driven 1:5 cars, FGs F1 series are all belt driven.
of course you are right. i wasn't that precise.... i meant a four wheel drive 6th scale car with belt.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:19 AM
mrfisse

Ah okey, just checked with the swedish FG dist. and youre right the 4WD is not available yet to order. They will release a new version of it this year. The delay is probably due to the release of the monster truck. The new kit should fit both the marder series and the MT
Old 03-03-2005, 09:33 AM
original.mb

its good to hear it will fit marder and mb and bf thats very considerate from fg don't you think?
Old 03-03-2005, 02:45 PM
ibstar

what considering its the same chassis.
veron, thats your opininon and your allowed it,
i thought thats whats forums are for,some people will tell you otherwise
my 2 pervious posts of no comment are where i moderated myself
Old 03-04-2005, 05:36 AM
original.mb

ibstar

off-course mate i totally agree but its sad to say that is not the attitude of certain members round here i just wish people would get along instead of having pathetic personal grudges[X(] it just don't figure. we are here for the love of our fg's so rather than people squaring of all the time it should be friendly and helpful advice and i do realise now that i have been singled out by a certain member who's express wish is to see me gone but i'm afraid i love my fg mb to much to bow down so lets get on with it and enjoy our monster trucks together united

i still look forward to the 4x4 conversion from fg
Old 03-04-2005, 07:05 AM
Automan

I can say to you all... i would really prefer a shaft 4wd, but if they are going with a belt drive.... then i will see how it looks, and probably end up getting it, like many others that say they don't like the belt drive now, i think many of them will give in and get it just to be able to go 4wd.

The reason it works on a F1 car is that car is driving on a smooth flat track with minimal airflow around the body. The Bigfoot is driven 99% off road, hard ruff uneven terrain with lot of resistance... tires dig deep in mud, sand etc... high jumps, bigger more higher torque then a F1, it has bigger tires.. Thats why a belt drive probably wont work any good on a off road car, hope they made some enhancements ant thought of this now when releasing this belt 4wd to cars like the Bigfoot.

Let's try to have an open mind as i think Veron meant. Let's see if Fg makes this add-on any good so we would want to get it

And Veron my friend, that thing you said about let's all be friends and not having pathetic personal grudges, and people squaring of all the time is a good thought, hope more would realize that kind of behavior on a forum that people visit to try to help each other, is just taking up lot of useless space. I wouldn't say that we all should act like angels or something like that, just try too keep the non related rc info off, and the rc related info on the forum [sm=thumbup.gif]
Keep in mind I'm not stating that we shouldn't have fun here to, just try to keep those pointless personal grudges to a minimum please ? [sm=thumbup.gif] Just a thought guys [sm=tongue.gif]
Old 03-04-2005, 07:30 AM
original.mb

i hear you my good friend
Old 03-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Stegy

ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!!

2 posts about somekind of new 4WD from FG were posted by a buddy (no longer!!![:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]) of mine with my user name!!!

SO please forget/ignore about this posts, that waht's written doesn't exist, as they are JUST ROUMORS AND LIES from someone who is jelous cause I own FG MT and he doesn't.

As I know only 4WD for FG's is that in catalog which will be available don't know when.
Old 03-08-2005, 10:39 AM
Automan

Sounds strange, but i can believe that if it's true. And please, try to stay calm Stegy

Are your "friend" going to receive a nice slapping soon ? or perhaps a foot in the arse

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.