Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Buggy Painted waiting for lights..

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Buggy Painted waiting for lights..

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 01:00 AM
razataz327

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buggy Painted waiting for lights..

Here it is .. finally painted up.. all I need to do now is add the new aluminum bumper... some more lights ... tune pipe.. and off I go.. here is a sneak peak of some of the work.. not all done yet.. but its gettting there.. the light in the one picture is a blue 1 watt led... not bad eh.. now I can finish the lights and then can drive any time.. ...Garnet
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33073.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	243553   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30495.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	243554   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq36300.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	243555   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yr47656.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	243556  
Old 03-14-2005, 01:48 AM
jimbo1890

Default RE: Buggy Painted waiting for lights..

Nice one razataz It's nice to have the time and effort turn out well

people are goin to see that coming [8D][8D]
Old 03-14-2005, 06:57 AM
Automan

razataz327, i like your work, it sticks out and does look very different and using those kind of colors looksee cool, nice done !!

I to have had thoughts of using that kind of colors in some way, and a faint light inside the truck to.. but i don't want it to look to much as a fast n furious car [:'(]

Your bumper, is it bought or homemade ? pictures ? what tune pipe did you get ?

Good luck with your cool bug !!!

Please post pictures as you add stuff to it [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 03-14-2005, 09:21 AM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've a few quick questions, raz.[8D]
Are the lights that you are installing the MAXXlites? Do they have the "buckets" that mount through the body?
I have this kind of lights waiting for my MB to arrive, but I was wondering how I will mount them on the body, connect them to the receiver, and still be able to remove the body/shell.[] It seems to pose a slight problem since I am going to be using the clear electronics cover to protect the receiver and servos from filth.
The only solution that I could think of was to buy an extension, or lead, that would plug into the receiver and stick out through a hole in the cover. If it is long enough, I will have less trouble plugging the lights into it as the body goes on, and the lights will not have to be unplugged every time I remove the body.
What is your plan?[sm=confused.gif]
Old 03-14-2005, 12:13 PM
razataz327

[8D]The lights that I am using are not the max lights or any other kit system... I am using high intensity leds... from www.superbrightleds.com/ I buy the individual lights.. then wire them up myself.. the head lights are 6volt mag lite flashlight bulbs ... the very bright ones.. I will post some pictures later today... all the lights are attached to the bumpers.. the interior light is attached just above the servos... so there are no wires to worry about yet.. I dont connect my lights to the receiver.. I connect them to the battery through a switch that can be reached through the window of the beetle.. you can use any small 2 wire connector with male and female ends..that way if you have any lights on the body you can unplug it.. this is the way I will be doing it if I put some lights in the body.. I use lexan as trays for the switches.. its easy to heat and bend... glue and cut.. this will be mounted for easy access from one of the open windows.. hopes this helps out.. I will post more pictures as I get things done. Garnet
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45416.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	243746