Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Why are there so many jerks in this forum

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Why are there so many jerks in this forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 03:32 PM
aicecoldone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why are there so many jerks in this forum

Who cares if some ask a question that was asked be for. I guess mainy of you must not have many friends thats a shame. Most time i go and ask something but you can be here for a few hours looking it is just easier just posting a new one witch should be fine. I know i well get people mad at me oh well.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:27 PM
jeepfreak1972

Default RE: Why are there so many jerks in this forum

I agree. There are some jerks on this forum. It's almost like they think they are better than most people on here.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:54 PM
DERF-54
My Feedback: (48)

I agree!!!!!! I just replied to a guy that asked a question because the first reply he got was stupid and ignorant!! I don't know what is so hard about answering a question instead of being a *****.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Lee G

The guy asking the question that got the ignorant reply, is a good friend of mine who answerd many a question no matter how dumb about nitros, when I was first dabling with them.
He had the kiddie grin having just orderd a marder and wanted some simple advice.
The idiot reply he got makes me shake my head with wonder.
Nothing like making a new poster in large scale feel welcome
Luckily he got me on msn when I got in from work and Jared joined in to help advise him.

Lee
Old 03-14-2005, 05:27 PM
NitroMedic
My Feedback: (7)

I am SO glad someone started this thread. Maybe NOW the RCU admin. dept. will try a more "friendlier" approach with the things they let go on here on a regular basis. Isn't this a forum???? Which means a place to go to post questions and discuss issues & such on a particular topic??? Maybe I'm under the wrong impression or something. I can say this....I'm GLADLY part of a separate forum on large scales and there is a strict rule about foul or harsh language, degrading others and there is NO BASHING ((verbally, that is)) allowed! You can actually go on there and feel totally confident that someone will not belittle you or try to make you look like you're less than them when you ask the dreaded "dumb question".

For the past couple months I've watched and calculated that there is an average of 40% of the questions asked that are getting answered without a "cat fight" breaking out in the room. It goes to show the majority of this forum are either 12-17 yrs. old or actually have the mentality of the before mentioned.

Until further notice....you will not see my name in here nearly as much as before. I know that doesn't mean much to anyone in here but I just feel like I needed to get a few things off my chest.

Thanks,
Shayne
Old 03-14-2005, 06:19 PM
Automan

I don't like when they a fight on this forum about almost every time childish and so stupid things, and treat others very bad sometimes, it just takes up allot of useful space that could be for more creative talk and advices.

I love helping and getting help here, no matter if they are totally fresh into large scale or seniors, i love to hear and talk to you all. I welcome beginners as much as everyone else here, it's great to see more coming into large scale ! [sm=thumbup.gif]

The only thing i personally think is a little annoying is when a question is posted in a new topic that is exactly as the one a few lines down, that is just ignorant from the poster and should be toned down so we don't get so many double posts here.
I'm for that people posting questions about everything concerning big scale cars, but i think we can live without the double posting, don't you guys ?

Hope this topic will make things better on this forum, i really hope so because i love coming in here every day and read new questions, hints, and advices etc, and talk about almost everything concerning big scale cars, i love this place !!! [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 03-14-2005, 06:27 PM
jeepfreak1972

I'm looking for a new large scale forum too. This one is getting old because of the fighting. I think the biggest problem is people don't think before they post. We need to think what others will think about our words. I said Traxxas sucks in a post a few months back. I'm glad I didn't make anyone mad about how I feel. The way things have been going on here lately, I will keep my opinions to myself. I will gladly help w/?s. or give info I find, or tricks I come up with that I think might help someone out. On the other hand people also need to stop being so overly sensitive about what other people say. If someone say they think the xxxxxx is a pile of crap and you have the xxxxxx and you are happy with it who cares what they think. Are we not all adults here? Most of my rc friends think what I have is an over priced wast of money. Can't race it near us I hear, Parts cost too much, have to wait for parts, bla bla bla. So what . I like it and its my money. I don't care if friends don't like it and I don't care if anyone on this forum likes it. The MB makes me happy and thats that. We are all here to enjoy large scale. This is not an FG forum. This is a large scale forum, wether its German made or made in Tiawan, we are all here for one reason. Big gas cars kick *****. Lets try to get along and promote the growth of this hobby.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:03 PM
dubby

I must have missed this one

Either way calling people jerks etc aint gonna help now is it

Simple way is to ignore the people you dont like and carry on as normal.

Best way to treat a forum is like a pub. Theres always gonna be someone who pisses you off. So you get a choice, ignore them, leave or fight back. Ive never let an idiot make me leave a pub so I wont do the same here.

And lets face it. It would be pretty dull on here without some sort of real life action. And Ive got to be honest, id rather be classed as a jerk than an geek who talks nothing but RC cars.

This is the best forum I have found for info and enjoyment. At least 90% of the advice given on here is correct[8D]

Sit back. Relax and enjoy what we have.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:09 PM
dubby

Just found the thread in question.

Have known the person concerned for the best part of 5 years now, and trust me when I say he is more than capable of looking after himself on a forum
Old 03-14-2005, 07:24 PM
kintave
My Feedback: (1)

I have to agree. There is nothing worse to a new guy coming on and getting an answer to his question like "check the forums, this has been answered 100 times already". Probably has and if the person who is being of no help by posting that type of response would just copy and paste the thread info(apparently the person knows the question has been answered...well...put up or shut up and show the new guy where the threads on the subject are) for the new person, everyone would be happy.

I think most of the time, these forums are the best and you won't find a better large scale forum around. We just all need to understand that we were all newbies at one time looking for answers.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:34 PM
FIREHAMMER516

I am new to this large scale stuff and have used the search option and alot of times you still cant figure out what you need there. So you just make a new thread for some simple answers and you always get some wise remarks from people who know everything about the large scale stuff. Not everyone knows everything about these and your answer or way may differ from someone elses. So if you see a thread and dont like it dont answer it.Ive been looking for another large scale forum and cant find one. That is my 2 cents.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:59 PM
funshawstud

I agree these forums are great
the biggest problem here is everyone is different.
I have been known to start my own fights here but it always takes two !
I for example stand beside everything I say here as I put allot of thought into my posts fully expecting thousands of people to cut them appart.
I dont care
On the other hand some people are far to sensative , typing msgs here doesent allow a tone of voice to gauge how people intend things to sound.
And most people dont hold back here either as you never need to deal with that pesky ass kicking from lipping off to someone in person.
I have tried my best lately not to piss anyone off or even bother posting unless I feel I am of benifit ( however I will gladly still stand up for myself )
I also find it very frustrating reading some threads here my personal favourites are
(example only)
I have another 10 years of saving yet but if I had the money what should I buy ( long list of things)
or
I cant decide tell me what to buy
I dont think everyone here intends to be a jerk all of the time , I know I dont ( all of the time )
Mike
Old 03-14-2005, 08:05 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The question asked in this thread probably isn't a good one as it will bring out some more bashing and finger pointing. I am going to lock it up but give everyone this directive:

If you see a post made which is off topic or a personal attack or bashes another member please click "report post" link and it will be handled quickly by a member of our moderating team. We get 3000-4000 new posts in our forums daily. We CANNOT read them all and rely on YOU, the members of the community, in large part to help us keep things "friendly" here. RCU is here to share information and not bash anyone, degrade, insult, embarrass, etc.

So play your part and report any bad posts. they are handled in confidence so if you report it the person who is reported does not know if it was reported or if a moderator caught it or otherwise.

thanks everyone