Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Possible SCAM on marketplace 1/5 scale Fg

Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Possible SCAM on marketplace 1/5 scale Fg

Old 03-17-2005, 08:09 AM
kintave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible SCAM on marketplace 1/5 scale Fg

Hey guys,

Check out the marketplace and you'll notice two different ads for FG competition cars, both for $700 each. I think this is a total scam coming out of UK(probably the guy is in italy or something). Way to cheap for the items listed. What do you think?
Old 03-17-2005, 08:16 AM
kintave

Default RE: Possible SCAM on marketplace 1/5 scale Fg

oops...one is for $800 and the other is for $700. Either way it looks like a possible ebay scam artist or someone who is way out of line with what fg comp cars are going for, coming over to the these forums to possibly scam.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:25 AM
DERF-54
My Feedback: (48)

I just sent him a email explaining that it doesnt look right. I told him about the guy that had the scam on ebay it that I need some kind of proof that he is for real. I also asked him to send it COD then it would be a win win deal for all involved. If he will send it cod for that price I will take it!
I will post the results if any
Derf
Old 03-17-2005, 08:30 AM
kintave

if you get a new fg comp with hydro brakes for $800, you will be the luckiest guy in the world. Reality though, he's going to come back with an offer of doing western union or soemthing like that telling you it's the safest way or tell you that he has been burned on cod before. Either way, if this is a scam artist, I would pay $800 to see his worthless self thrown into a giant pot of boiling water to watch him squirm and die.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:42 AM
DERF-54

No doubt that you are most likley correct, but I am willing to give him a chance to see what he is all about. If he is trying to scam us then he and his friends should think of a better way to make them work, some people just dont see the scam comming! But this way of doing it has been worn out bad. I also agree that it would be worth the money to see him PAY the price for his actions. That said I hope its not cause I would really like to have the car for that price! LOL
I will post the results
Derf
Old 03-17-2005, 10:34 AM
jmattard

Ya, I got the same thing yesterday. Are any of you guys that got the offer bidding on something on ebay? Is he trying to use some shipping service like SerNam? I played his game for a couple of emails until he send a request for a western union transfer. I knew then it was a SCAM, so I decided to screw with him a bit. I told him the money was sent and the guy I talked to on the phone said it should be there shortly. [8D]
Old 03-17-2005, 10:39 AM
DERF-54

This is not one of the ebay scams but a POSSIBLE scam in the rcu market place.We do not know if it is or not. We are just trying to find out if it is legit before someone finds out the HARD WAY that it is a scam. I DO NOT WANT PEOPLE TO THINK THAT I AM SAYING THIS IS A SCAM! I DO NOT KNOW IF IT IS OR NOT. Just a bit of concern. We do not this this kind of stuff starting to happen here.
I will post any and all replies.
Derf
Old 03-17-2005, 02:01 PM
daytona7

The last one on e-bay, I had e-mailed the seller for additional information but never got a reply. After the high bidder opted out, then I got an offer for the same price as the high bid, told him I would only buy it for what my highest bid was before being out bid. Again, no reply.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:02 PM
jeepfreak1972

jmattard Where in Michigan are you?
Old 03-18-2005, 09:41 PM
BAP 62

I AM NOT SAYING THIS IS A SCAM. Following are a copy of the emails I sent him and his reply. YOU BE THE JUDGE.
Hi;
I would like to buy these 2 cars and the other one you have listed. what will the total be for all three, shipped to Oregon 97101 USA.
Thanks,Brian
His reply;
hi

i can sell you 2 for $1000 including shipping

if you pay by paypal i can send them tomorrow

thanks

My reply;
Hi;
If you ship UPS COD I will take them
His reply;
sorry mate i dont do cod

thanks

What do you think???
Old 03-18-2005, 10:40 PM
kintave

I think you'll be $1000 lighter in the wallet and nothing to show for it. Runa way from this one...very fast.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:43 PM
FG-MB

Western Union isn't always a scam. Some countries like Italy and Croatia can't get Paypal yet, so they have to use something. I would be enrvous about this one though.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:13 PM
kintave

No but for some reason, I feel mixing Western Union and someone from overseas like Italy is a recipe for disaster. Thieves LOVE Western Union because once you release the code to get the money...its gone for good. No recourse...gone. I'll go on record here and say it, "THESE TWO AUCTIONS ARE VERY,VERY RISKY LOOKING". The auction poster needs to respond with pics that are very unique and accept either cod or escrow.com with paypal/credit card.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:41 AM
hellya

Go ahead pay through paypal, use a credit card to make the purchase, if you dont get the merchandise you can file a fraud claim and get your money back through your credit card company.

I have the Ebay credit card laugh if you want but I got a 5 % interest rate and fraud protection against anything I purchase with that card
Old 03-19-2005, 01:19 AM
gonsped69
My Feedback: (6)

Is that anything that you use to purchase with the card only 5% interest rate? i.e. everyday items - fuel, groceries, etc?

Sounds too good to be true
Old 03-19-2005, 01:43 AM
hellya

ORIGINAL: gonsped69

Is that anything that you use to purchase with the card only 5% interest rate? i.e. everyday items - fuel, groceries, etc?

Sounds too good to be true
Yep, buying anything, anywhere....... its actually 5.9% dont want to lie.
I got it back in Oct., right now they're charging 9.9% interest
Old 03-19-2005, 03:07 AM
BAP 62

I do not plan on going any further with this. I just wanted to see what type of reply I would get. I have seen this type of ad before for a Leopard Patriot. I know you can pay with credit card with Paypal and get your money back with a fraud claim, but to me it's not worth the trouble. I feel that is a scam, I could be wrong.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:38 AM
Lee G

If its paypal and the amount he is selling for, his account would have been varified.
I cant see it being a scam myself

Lee
Old 03-19-2005, 09:04 AM
Jared1106

The ones on Ebay I emailed the guy several times, That was so much a scam... lol. He replyed to me several times, I saved them all, he actualy got shut down by Ebay. I sent him an email saying how I thought he was a scammer, he sent me this email, looked to be a fake one from Ebay saying how he was a trusted power seller, LOL, I sent it to spoof@ebay and he got shut down.. My last email to him was with several smily faces telling him I had reported him to several online agencies. I never got any more emails from him, wonder why?
Old 03-19-2005, 10:38 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you find ads that you think are scams BE SURE to report them to our market moderators immediately. click the report ad link which appears in every ad. this will alert our moderators to this and they can start researching the issue quickly and take necessary action if evidence points to it being a scam.