Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Recomended eco line upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Lee G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recomended eco line upgrades

Two of us have eco line cars to bash
Ones an fg truck, front disk brakes, standard filter, exaust
Other is fg porche, tuned pipe, front disks.

Whats the best upgrades without killin my credit card
Anything with bling will cause my mate to sleep in the garden

Im so tempted to grass him to his fiance, I want his truck
Old 03-23-2005, 06:42 AM
CraigN

Default RE: Recomended eco line upgrades

there is a few of us who started with ecos,and the best thing so far to inprove them was the oil filled shocks with the right springs, and anti-roll kits, it won't be big money but it is just amazing how much it helps,also take some time on the wheel setup it pays to get it right or near right!!
Old 03-25-2005, 09:59 AM
original.mb

i would go for the eco upper/lower/front/rear alloy arms as well as alloy uprights that will make the fg mt hard as nails
Old 03-25-2005, 05:14 PM
Lee G

Eco line mt?

Is it a new version fg are bringing out?
Or do you not understand what Im talking about, and just post a totaly ficticiouse reply because you have no idea what your talking about as per normal?
Old 03-25-2005, 05:21 PM
original.mb

lee g

my mistake i thought you were talking about eco line alloy upgrades for fg, sorry my mistake
Old 03-25-2005, 09:45 PM
jimbo1890

Lee G

you posted this
Is it me or has this section died a death recently?
A lot of the regular names dont seem to be pipeing up with their normal help
We know fguk is on moderation (shame) but whats happend to the others
and then you posted this
Eco line mt?

Is it a new version fg are bringing out?
Or do you not understand what Im talking about, and just post a totaly ficticiouse reply because you have no idea what your talking about as per normal?
You work it out.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:56 AM
Pigsmightfly

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So it's Lee's fault the forum has slowed up a bit then?????? LMAO

If Veron had read the first post fully rather than skip every other word he wouldn't have got the response he did.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:42 AM
original.mb

pigsmightfly

lets please leave the finger pointing i made a genuine mistake sorry but i some how don't think anybody will damage there mt's as a result ???
Old 03-26-2005, 07:31 AM
jimbo1890

I'm talking about people being so quick to drop a ton of bricks on someone when all they want to do is help out
so he thought the thread was about monster trucks not ecoline trucks doesnt mean you have to belittle every contribution he has ever made
and just post a totaly ficticiouse reply because you have no idea what your talking about as per normal?
what is the point of posting anything when the place is a landmine.

goodbye and goodluck
Old 03-26-2005, 08:25 AM
nurch

Heh, like watching old ladies squabble over insignificant things. Kudos!

Well, I myself am a proud owner of an Sportline '04 FG kit (wide version). I honestly do not see any difference between this kit and the econoline kit. The part materials are exactly the same. If you wish to know what I am talking about, visit www.vsmodelsport.com and check out the Sportline '04 chassis. My recommended upgrades would be in stages. I will expound in a list on what I mean:

- Stage 1.) Front and Rear alloy LOWER arms. This was recommended to me by a local racer for good reason on why not to go with upper as well. He said that should you crash, your damage will not be as extensive as that of an all-alloy composed kit. You can control what you would like to break if the car has some sort of "shock absorption" material.

- Stage 2.) Front and Rear Mechanical brakes. I still prefer mechanical products as compared to any other. Simplicity is beauty and much more reliable and controllable. This part is also quite expensive, though an investment well made since you can transfer your brake system from one car to another.

- Stage 3.) Muffler aka. Tuned Pipe. As some have stated before, just by changing your pipe your performance on your vehicle will greatly increase. Very believable too since allowing your engine to breath better will result in better performance. Think of yourself with a bag over your head. Do you think you'd be able to jog a mile with a plastic bag over your head?

- Stage 4.) Clutch. Racing clutches DEFINITELY last much longer than standard ones. Vehicle response will also be very noticable.

- Stage 5.) Chassis plate. The lighter the car, the less stress on your engine.

- Stage 6.) CHANGE THAT REAR DIFFERENTIAL! The plastic with aluminum casing will not cut it for hardcore racing. I highly advise (as well as many other pro drivers would) you invest in the aluminum one.

- Stage 7.) Aluminum bulk heads, carbon fiber side plates (body support), carbon fiber front suspension support, shock springs, bling bling basically. This is last on my list. It is also the most expensive save for a couple items listed here.

Well, there you have my list. It is not an expensive list since things will be done sequentially. I must also add that you invest in some good quality tools. I hope this helps!
Old 03-26-2005, 10:17 AM
Pigsmightfly

ORIGINAL: Veron

pigsmightfly

lets please leave the finger pointing i made a genuine mistake sorry but i some how don't think anybody will damage there mt's as a result ???
It's nothing personal mate, you just highlighted an irritating fact of life with these forums.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:23 PM
Lee G

ORIGINAL: jimbo1890

I'm talking about people being so quick to drop a ton of bricks on someone when all they want to do is help out
so he thought the thread was about monster trucks not ecoline trucks doesnt mean you have to belittle every contribution he has ever made
and just post a totaly ficticiouse reply because you have no idea what your talking about as per normal?
what is the point of posting anything when the place is a landmine.

goodbye and goodluck
I aint the only one who suffers low idiot tollerance with veron

ORIGINAL: no

Just had a quick look tonight to see if anything has changed and nope it still seams this site is riddled with *****s the likes of chaduk or veron (or whatever the arsehole wants to call himself thesedays)and his clones whose attitude way out do their experience,are 6 years old or are just plane retarded.so i think its time to leave but before i do i would like to wish all the decent people a big thanks for all the help and advice,fguk,dazz,dubby,ibstar,leeg,avgas,mike humphreys,and anyone else iv`e missed.best wishes,andy.P.s keep counting the days veron.

Seems to be a regular thing

Old 03-26-2005, 10:14 PM
nurch

And now, back to the topic...
Old 03-27-2005, 05:05 AM
original.mb

lee g

please grow up i'm fully aware that you a friends with a member 'fguk' that has singled me out for not following the lead sorry guy i'm not a follower and please stick to topics and away from personal pathetic childish grudges that have zip to do with yourself. if you and your great pal send me to coventry that is fine with me as i am here to have fun and learn about my fg mb not bicker who has the biggest balls or in your case lack of them people like yourself spoil the fun of good forums i bet you was a bully at school???

jimbo

thanks guy i appreciate your positive opinion some negative people in here can be so damn rude, they tend to speak before they engage what brain ceils work as long as we goodfellas know what is what we can learn and modify our fg's happily and without worry of some kid throwing a spanner in the works 'cos his friend told him.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:28 AM
Pigsmightfly

Veron, this isn't me having a go at you but this bickering you dislike so much on the forums could be prevented if you enabled PMs or email in your profile.

The forum rules say to take personal issues away from the forum, no one can do that with you. This gives you free reign to wind people up with no comeback.

I have no issue with you apart from the above, have a nice day
Old 03-27-2005, 06:56 AM
Lee G

ORIGINAL: nurch

And now, back to the topic...
Im still waiting on postie turning up with it. Mean time its a complete over haul of the mcd
Found ni on every bolt loose so far and a few missing
[]
Old 03-27-2005, 09:02 AM
Lee G

ORIGINAL: Veron

lee g

please grow up i'm fully aware that you a friends with a member 'fguk' that has singled me out for not following the lead sorry guy i'm not a follower and please stick to topics and away from personal pathetic childish grudges that have zip to do with yourself. if you and your great pal send me to coventry that is fine with me as i am here to have fun and learn about my fg mb not bicker who has the biggest balls or in your case lack of them people like yourself spoil the fun of good forums i bet you was a bully at school???

jimbo

thanks guy i appreciate your positive opinion some negative people in here can be so damn rude, they tend to speak before they engage what brain ceils work as long as we goodfellas know what is what we can learn and modify our fg's happily and without worry of some kid throwing a spanner in the works 'cos his friend told him.
I have a very low idiot threashold Veron.
You seem to know everything about nothing and you keep prooving it, time and time again.
If you dont know what your talking about shut up and give your lower orifice a rest
As for fguk, he is big enough and ugly enough to stick up for himself
It does seem a regular ocurance that you keep useting people on here, then throw your toys out the pram to get sympathy,
Im hoping people will start seeing this and realise what you are like.
Dont bother reply to any posts I do in future because they will all be treated in the same way.

Lee
Old 03-27-2005, 12:07 PM
nurch

Guys,

Seriosuly, please re-read your posts. What is the one thing you all have in common? R/Cs. We enjoy this hobby because it gets us away from every day life's stress. Life is hard enough, there is no need to make enemies in a hobby we all share and enjoy. So what if someone has bigger balls than the other. BIG DEAL! Let me tell you something even more important: enjoying life while you can and re-living the first day you bought your first R/C. Remember that day? How happy you were to finally own one of these great pieces of machinary. Don't forget the time you also met someone else that enjoyed the hobby as much as you have. Sure interests can conflict, but look at the bigger picture: you both enjoy the same thing no matter what brand, suggestion, preference, or running style you may have. Also note that millions of people read what you guys write to eachother. The part of calling one person a fool over the other is completely foolish in itself. I am new to this arena and look to see what you guys have to offer and recommend. When I see one person calling a fool to another, I start to see no difference between the two arguing. Lee G may believe one thing and Veron another. Some people post what they think is correct, and another person will post what they think is correct. No big deal! If one person says the wrong thing, he still serves a purpose in the world of information. People test suggestions to see if it fits them or not. In complete honesty, what everyone says is completely an oppinion.

Please, let's get back to Lee G's topic. I looked to this thread for information, not foolishness.