Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

gas engine killing failsafe.....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

gas engine killing failsafe.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 02:37 AM
skulldoctor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas engine killing failsafe.....

does anybody know of a failsafe that kills the engine if it comes on??? im looking for someone who knows for sure where i can get one. iv been told of a couple,but either thier website no longer exists or they dont make them anymore.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:10 AM
jsn
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: gas engine killing failsafe.....

I've never seen a failsafe unit that would kill a car gas engine. I don't see how it could unless it was hooked into the ignition, you could use a kill switch activated by a micro servo and plug it into a regular fail safe if you run a 3 channel or greater radio.

John
Old 03-28-2005, 10:04 AM
34Ford
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried asking over in the giant scale airplane section or gas engines?
There far more planes with gas engines than there is cars/trucks.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:05 PM
quarterscalelegends

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only use shark racing fail safes on my large scale. They will shut off the motor. They are the best and pratically water proof. I did look on their site and it appears it is no longer up?!? try www.jrcbd.com thats where carlos from shark racing used to hang out. Those guys will for sure know whats up! Good luck.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:19 PM
voo2doo

As far as I know there Is'nt one!But if yoo read in the past posts there is a way o do it? The people I have spoke to put a MICRO servo on there FAIL-SAFE,which cuts the mill when the fail-safe operates?........read the past!........
Regards.............
Vo0.[&:]
Old 03-28-2005, 06:40 PM
JRexA

On these pages there is plenty of adds for failsaves that hooks into the ignition circuit of Zenoah engines.

They are sometimes recommended as an add on failsafe to the receivers with a built in failsafe.

Here is a link to one for Zenoah CDI engines, don't know if it works on the standard Ignition
http://www.mhzusa.com/xtdoc/Details....uctCode=m-1802

Also don't know what the release date is.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:24 PM
daytona7

Just had a look at the mhzusa web site and do not think I will order anything from them. Some of their prices are just a "tad"? too high. Checked the prices for the Hydroplanes and found they are asking $99,999.00 for a 1/6 scale. Hell, for that price, I could buy a real Hydroplane.
Old 03-30-2005, 12:49 AM
skulldoctor

ORIGINAL: xknacx

I only use shark racing fail safes on my large scale. They will shut off the motor. They are the best and pratically water proof. I did look on their site and it appears it is no longer up?!? try www.jrcbd.com thats where carlos from shark racing used to hang out. Those guys will for sure know whats up! Good luck.
shark failsafes was one of what i talkd about in the begining,thier website is no longer there.
and i checkd on anothr called the "dual pro" but was told they dont make them anymore.