Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

MT Part number - can't find

Old 04-11-2005, 03:08 PM
jet_jer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MT Part number - can't find

I had a mishap this weekend with my MT and need some replacement parts, I figured out most of the psart numbers from the MT parts list, but have one part I can not place an Item number to. The part is the lower pin in the front that goes through the two front bulkheads and the lower a-arms, it also has the c clpis on each end. If anyone would be so kind as to get me that part number, I would be appreciated.

Also, since I need to replace the front bulkhead, I was wondering if anyone had purchased an aluminium set and if thier set came with new screws or not? And what did you think of the new aluminium bulkheads - worth it?

Thanks,
Jeremiah
Old 04-11-2005, 03:37 PM
fgbasher
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: MT Part number - can't find

The alum bulkheads do not come with the hinge pins. You should be able to use the stock one. They are 101mm pins. They are part number 06252. They come two to a bag with the e-clips. I have not heard any reviews on the crazy nut bulkheads but have gotten some good reviews on the elcon ones.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:15 PM
jet_jer

Thanks for the pin part numbers. I figured that the pins would be seperate, but I was actually wondering if the aluminium bulkheads came with the screws that attach it to the MT frame. You would need new screws as the ones that are there now are not a machine screw but rather more of a tapping screw in order to go into the plastic.

Thanks for that part number.

Jer
Old 04-11-2005, 06:46 PM
ammdrew

the alloy bulkheads that are currently out from the US FG dealers do include all screws nessesary for installtion. We made the bulkheads specifically to address the screws pulling out of the bottom of the plasic ones in very hard use, the alloy solves that problem and we have not found a downside as of yet.

FG has some in the catalog, they are expected to release later this year and should also be a excellnt product.

here is a basic install article.
http://www.molzermoweryracing.com/sasranddoffroad.htm
Old 04-17-2005, 09:05 AM
jet_jer

Thanks to all who helped, I ordered my pieces last week and recieved them on friday - I just wanted to let everyone know that the pins are not part # 6252 as the origional pins on m MT are about 93mm not 101mm - of course I didn't look at that to make sure untill after I ordered them and tried to install thiem. Oh - well another week the mt can't run. I'll have to get the right number of anyone can still help.

Jer