Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Carson MT body question

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 11:46 AM
hoppy504

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carson MT body question

I have just read that the body is made of ABS plastic not lexan, considering the size is this a weakness? . Marders seem to get through bodys easily, I believe they also are ABS.

Any thoughts on the above as I thought about buying one when out.

john.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:11 PM
Cyberfyn

Default RE: Carson MT body question

Yup. It's ABS which means it'll shatter into a million bits. Especially in our Midlands climate!. I got through3 shells on my Marder before getting one of the Lexan types. I now have a Monster Beetle that seems to spend more time on it's roof than it's wheels & the boddy has soaked up all the punishment so far!

Where abouts in Notts are you, and where are you bashing? I'm in Hucknall.

Ian F.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:08 PM
hoppy504

Hi Ian,
Thanks for your quick reply, I did think that the buggy bodies would last longer due to the smaller size.

I mentioned before, at the moment I am in Gedling but am moving to Skegness in the next few weeks. have thought about the carparks you talked about. Am a bit unsure about noise complaints by residents on seafront.

So far my cars are unused (shelf queens!) due to circumstances.

I did take a liking to the Carson MT considering the price, but if I have to add a lexan body that ups the game a bit maybe a used FG is more use.

regards,

john.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:12 AM
Cyberfyn

The Tower carpark and wast ground are nowhere near any houses so you'll not bother anyone. I was there a couple of weeks ago with a couple of mates 1 Revo 1 Savage SS 4.6 and the MB. Had about an hour on the beach at low tide (totally ripped it up)! and then moved onto the wastground. I tanked once the nitro's had to fill up about 20 times

Ian.