Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

T3 Mamba prices!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 12:46 AM
whitek
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T3 Mamba prices!!

So what does everyone think of the new buggy. I emailed the company for prices, this what they sent me yesterday. I asked about the virtual picture and they said very soon the final product would be viewable on their site. FYI

T3 Mamba Offroad Car.

The car comes with two options for pricing and is available directly from our UK factory,
and ordinarily ships within 5 working days of ordering.

Standard Kit

Prebuilt Car Kit
Full Alloy Spec
5mm Milled Chassis
Zenoah G230RC
Dual Rear Disc Brakes
Mintex Brake Pads
Offroad Reinforced Clear Bodyshell
J&A Decal Sticker Set
5 Spoke Rims & Studded Tyres
Performance Air Filter
Ball Drive System
Fully Adjustable Wishbones
Animated Interactive CD Instructions

£749.00 ex VAT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Engine Kit

Same as above but minus the Zenoah G230.

£649.00 ex VAT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An info pack will be available for download from our website: www.jaracing.co.uk from Wednesday.

We will make more photos of the car available on our website as soon as we receive them back from
the Studio, but in the mean time, if you have any questions regarding the car or the company, I
would be more than happy to answer any queries either via e-mail or on the phone. We also have a
discussion forum online at www.jaracing.proboards28.com.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99097.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	260021  
Old 04-19-2005, 11:45 AM
Pigsmightfly

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: T3 Mamba prices!!

Spur gear looks very vulnerable
Old 04-19-2005, 11:57 AM
ibstar

no thanks.
matlepiece job
machine shop with to much time on there hands
Old 04-19-2005, 01:07 PM
james2001

Beg to differ ibstar, but I haven't had anything but good stuff from J&A since I bought in.

Good experiences aside, Isn't Lauterbacher a "Machine shop with too much time on their hands"? They are a machine shop first and foremost.

If I remeber my FG history rightly as well, they started out as a machine shop too, as did a number of other luminaries, such as KHI (AKA kawasaki), and Tamiya to boot.

All I know is that when I order parts for my T3, they get here quick enough, and the finish is awesome, so I don't complain.

if the offroad is the same build quality as the onroad, then good stuff. Otherwise, they should stick to onroad.

I see that RC Car Action has done a review on the J&A T3 as well, so I'll be picking that up today! yay! 'Billet Bullet' they call it....hehe.

Old 04-19-2005, 03:13 PM
ibstar

no don't get me wrong its a very nice car
just to expensive and shinny for me
what is the running weight of these ?
a alloyed up fg weighs 5-6 lb more than a standard one, and we all know weight kills.
saying this i am in the process of making ally front bulkheads for mine (easy peasy)
and have the rear tower, lower arms, a hubs x4.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:24 PM
james2001

I never really understood the 'too shiny' thing. I've got a magpie complex, so anything shiny is like nectar to my eyes.

I understand about the weight though, but I would think that the increased handling response would make up for it. But is handling much of a deal in offroad? sorry, I'm a bit of an ignoramus when it comes to the offroad stuff, didn't mean to offend if I got it wrong.

Someone let us know how the thing runs if they pick it up eh?

Old 04-20-2005, 07:50 PM
rfaster

Ha - Off-road 1/6th's dont really handle :-) unless you run them on-road.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:25 AM
whitek

Thanks for the replies, but as of now does anybody own this new Mamba buggy?? Someone mentioned the price was high, 749 (British pounds) if you compare to the harm and lauterbacher it is a better price. Sometimes you pay more simply due to the name. Look back a few years and they did extensive testing on tennis shoes, just one example. $10 walmart shoes and some exotic $100+ pair or something like that, and in the end the EL cheapos won. I know this is off subject but it is true. All I am getting at is that I am looking at either the Harm or this new Mamba, so why pay more!!
Old 05-05-2005, 09:28 AM
whitek

OH, and sorry to the person who posted a similar thread before I did. I should have done a search!!
Old 05-05-2005, 12:37 PM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I like it. [sm=pirate.gif] I also am looking at the Lauterbacher because of the alloy...I like tough toys.

This seems like a great alternative as long as there is no waiting list, parts are readily available, and there are no design problems that surface later on. Pigsmightfly has a good point about the spur gear...why, the design team should have included a few folks from here.

[&:] We (excluding me actually) could probably create the world's most perfect RC truck! Then, everyone on the planet would buy 1/6th scale vehicles and go outside to drive on Saturdays... there would be no one left to complain about the noise.

In the mean time, I will let someone else take the [sm=greedy.gif] risk and I will make my choice down the road.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:03 PM
whitek

I have been talking with a rep from the company, their replies are fast and informative. Although I currently live in Italy I am American and my main concern is customer service and parts support. They claim there main distributor in the States will soon be fully stocked. But for now you order directly from them (UK). The price seems fair, it is completely alloy. even the what looks like molded arms are black anodised. So for 1400 dollars vs 2000 for harm and 13-1400 leopard race with molded parts I am going going to give it a whirl. Obviously when I get it I will post picks and detailed info. I'm not bias, if it sucks you will know!!
Old 05-06-2005, 07:26 AM
james2001

Ooh. Finally someone on the forum with J&A stuff! [X(].

Let me know how things go Whitek!

Who did you speak to at J&A? I've always had quick replies from them but sometimes get different people.

Old 05-07-2005, 12:58 AM
whitek

Hey, I have talked with James each time. and in regards to the spur gear it will come with a PVC cover!!!
Old 05-07-2005, 01:30 AM
victionone

$1400 seems like a pretty good deal, and with dual cable brakes in the rear. I like how the cable brake is integrated into the uprights like the collari brakes. Those tiny holes drilled into the ladder frame, etc do seem like a pain in the ass to clean though...

I would rather cough out the extra dough and buy a LB Super-Cross for about $1700....
Old 05-07-2005, 06:54 AM
whitek

LB super cross for 1700? I never really looked it up due to the high price I was hearing about on this forum. Maybe I'll take a look at the LB. But I did notice the Mamba comes standard with the 23cc, so I asked about the 26cc motor and what they do is send you the complete kit for either the 26 or 27cc for an additional 75 pounds ($150). So the price with the bigger motor is still 1500 and change.. not bad at all. and I have to agree the rear brakes are hard to ignore.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:26 PM
victionone

The LB Super-Cross is $1720, but then you will add option parts, which will bring up that price. $100 for an alloy diff, $245 front hydro brakes, $33 for stabilzer kit, $44 for G260RC, and it also needs an air filter. Don't forget $100 for shipping! Then again, you can ditch all the options and just get cable front brakes.