Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

someone please slap me

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 08:37 AM
Lee G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default someone please slap me

A few people on here know I have a small colection of cars at my disposal and after geting the mcd I discoverd there are alternatives to fg.
Nows the time to say 20 hale marys renounce all faith and call in a priest and get deposed
My sin is looking at carsons and thinking wow. And looking again and thinking double wow.
Ok Im bored stiff and apologise biting my lip for picking on Jared yesterday. Been orderd to rest my knee up by my doctor. So armed with my trusty keyboard I have been trawling the net for more toys to stretch my credit card with and the carsons do look a good alternative.
Since geting a taste for tramac bashing with my mcd raly car. I have been looking at geting another tarmac basher as a back up.

The spec of the cars compared to the fg's seem quite good. All the extras you pay fg for come as standard. Tuned pipe, front disks, adjustable shocks to name a few of the extras that come standard.

Then we moove onto the toureg
From the look of the spec, rquals to the marder race. Body decas included which you normaly end up paying extra for from fg, the rtr system looks to be better than that supplied on the rtr fg's.

Please someone tell me these cars are total junk and not to have any more urges
And if anyone is questioning my mental state, the pain killers are working well
Does my boredom show
Old 04-21-2005, 09:28 AM
JRexA

Default RE: someone please slap me

Yes your boredom does show

Don't make the mistake of looking up the specs of the Carson Commanche that they advertize at http://www.rc-car-online.de 27cc comes standard, and the RTR version also looks better than the FG. I hope this isn't to much of an appetizer

If several makes including Carson and Traxxas is ordering Smartech cars under their own Brand, then it can't be total junk, and we all know that the Chinese are very good at copying and selling cheap.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:50 AM
james2001

That's the evolution of the 1/5th scale arena showing! More manufacturers means better options for us. It seems just sommon sense to look around and see what you can get for your money. That's what I did and I'm more than happy for doing it.

FG aint the be all and end all of 1/5th scale. If enough people start buying Carson stuff, it will hopefully persuade FG to lower their already extortionate prices, and we'll all have happier bank balances (and partners!), and a more diverse community. I hate going to down to the beach and seeing loads of identical MB's and Marders driving around. It's like some gripe of mine that I can't get rid of.

Those MCD's are fantastic, and as far as I can tell, the Carson Commanche looks great too. So what if they're Chinese and cheap? that's good, no?

Good hunting Lee!

Rant over.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:32 AM
Lee G

I started todays search after looking at shells for my fg ecoline. Shells a bit tired. Its what you expect when you buy off ebay. So I realised false economics had been used. Ie buy a cheap car then upgrade shell and chasis to something I would prefer. Car cost £350 off ebay, if you buy the new bits your talking another £150 plus shiping on top.
New carson c5 with bmw shell fully loaded rtr brand new costs under £550 from those nice hobby people.

Talk about kick myself
Old 04-21-2005, 11:25 AM
Croozer
My Feedback: (1)

The Carson Commanche looks cheap next to a FG Monster Truck, IMO.

Edit: I'll change the wording a tad.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:41 AM
Lee G

Come across this bit of video of a carson c5 being run

http://www.rcpics.net/view_single.php?medid=53767
Old 04-21-2005, 01:16 PM
hoppy504

" The Carson Commanche looks like junk next to a FG Monster Truck"

I could say the same about my FG Eco 2 against my RS 5, but one costs 3 times more than the other. So I accept each for what it is.

I also have a Carson whch is even cheaper, amazing value for money (compare it to a Leopard Race - a fair bit more money)

Remember each has its good points, also people can be on a tighter purse and still want some fun.

john.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:34 PM
Croozer

ORIGINAL: hoppy504
I could say the same about my FG Eco 2 against my RS 5, but one costs 3 times more than the other.
The FG MT is nowhere near 3 times as expensive as the Carson Commanche.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Pigsmightfly

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you tarmac fans get out of it?

There are a few lads using FG touring cars in a carpark near me every weekend. It looks to be as much fun as watching an F1 race, they drive around and around and around and around and, just for a change, they crash.

No offence intended but it looks tediously boring.
Old 04-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Lee G

Is this the same guy who was making enquiries about on road wheels because his marder tyres were crap on tarmac
Your secrets safe with me Steve

In answer to your question.
You try handling a car at high speed and feel the adrenaline pump. Anyone can roll off a boulder.

I was allso looking at the toureg as well which is a stuning looking bit of kit as well.
From what I have found out so far, carson seem to be doing body shells a lot cheaper than fg as well. So there might be more hope in prices droping.

And yes Im still bored
Old 04-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Croozer

ORIGINAL: Pigsmightfly

There are a few lads using FG touring cars in a carpark near me every weekend. It looks to be as much fun as watching an F1 race, they drive around and around and around and around and, just for a change, they crash.

Then quit looking.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:11 PM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha Ha!...stop it, your killing me!!! [sm=lol.gif] It is not often that I read a post and laugh out loud. [sm=biggrin.gif]
ORIGINAL: Pigsmightfly

Old 04-21-2005, 04:33 PM
hoppy504

"The FG MT is nowhere near 3 times as expensive as the Carson Commanche"

True, in Germany the FG appears to be about 40% more so you have to expect a difference.
Is the problem the fact it is made in China?.
They might soon be making Rover cars (an old English firm) if the news is correct.

john.
Old 04-21-2005, 04:40 PM
ibstar

i thought it came down to parts availability.
the 2 guys i know that had carsons changed most of the bits to fg, then bought the chassis as well ( i know not why either)
but if you've got lots of toys then waiting over a week for a part won't hurt as much as it would to most
Old 04-22-2005, 04:31 AM
sasquatch1976

Ibstar: I will confirm what you say.

I have a friend with the Carson C5. He has now changed more than half of his, mind you broken parts, with FG parts when they broke. He drives carefully (i have seen it hehe) but the plastic seems to be of a "cheaper" kind. More crisp if you like.

The pipe is looking like a tuned one, but really can't be. No performance increase vs. having mounted the std. one that came with my FG sportsline.. Looking good though...

The slicks on the C5 was almost useless. Not sure if the C5 is shipped with them in all countries. Fun to drive, but really hard to keep driving straight... Some PMT Kronos on the car =

He now calls it an expensive €599 spare parts car. Engine, body and chassis seems to be the same/comparable to FG.

Disc brakes seems to be equal or similar to the FG standard. I have just mounted my Tuning version, and there's alot of difference in quality and ajustability btw. them (and only €50 in price difference from FG)

I'm not saying that the car cannot drive at all, but i would have killed myself if I had bought it.

These cars does not come cheap in any form or version, so paying a little extra for the security in knowing that parts are available and not breaking all the time seems to make sence to me. I'm not having bottomless pockets myself (not for RC cars anyway) so I kind of expect durability when buying a €800 FG... And I get that.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:47 AM
Jared1106

Here you go Lee,

[:@] SLAP, SLAP, SMACK, SLAP, KICK (woops carried away), SLAP.. Is that enough?
Old 04-22-2005, 06:02 AM
daytona7

Slap, slap. Just incase Jared needed a couple more slaps for LeeG. And for good measure, a kick in the knees.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:08 AM
Lee G

Its now proven, Jareds an old slapper

Thanks for the input guys. Having not experienced the Carson cars in any way and only having a local shop that will tell you anything if it means puting £££££ into their tills. I think the last time I asked about the carsons they said " carson have put all the nigly bits right fg went wrong on " I thought it best to get first habd experience.

Looks like my crdit card will go back into hiding, as nice as the vw touareg looks and the road cars sound.

What are the compatabilities like between parts. The main things that break on the fg's are normaly hubs and ball ends
Old 04-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Pigsmightfly

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enquiries? When? Said I wanted to get some for messing around outside the house that's all.

There, the secrets out...........

Still don't understand the attraction for tarmac bashers.

Croozer, I'll keep watching if it's all the same to you Twonk
Old 04-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Lee G

So you live in Tesco's carpark then? JUst seems strange the manager of tesco's gave you permision to use the carpark, if the tyres were only for outside your house

Decided to catch up on my sleep today rather than seek out more bargain cars
Old 04-22-2005, 01:32 PM
FGUK
Banned

Slap you?

Love to help..........

Mind if I tie you up though first and perform some experiments on you?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70953.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	261447  
Old 04-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Automan

he he, like the mask FGUK [sm=thumbup.gif] do tell me if you want anything sliced
Old 04-23-2005, 09:01 AM
Lee G

Now I rearly do need a kick a punch etc
Poped into a local fg dealers to get some more wheels and tyres after knackering the ones on the porche.
Got my wheels and tyres along with a compertition 2002 wide long wheelbase porche gt1
Fron and rear disk brakes, agjustable clutch, adjustable diff, samba pipe, steereing servo, 2 brake servo's, sports air filter, side guards, imaculate shell, front and rear stabiliser bars, semi decent tyres for less than a carson rt, ok with reciever and crystal about even on price. There is bound to be something I have missed
Everything on it is bling apart from the rear shock tower.
Old 04-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Lee G

Note to self do not let Dubby near it
Old 04-23-2005, 10:40 AM
dubby

Look forward to breaking it tomorrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.