Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Where to buy tires (Monster slicks)?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Where to buy tires (Monster slicks)?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 10:43 AM
snooptalian
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy tires (Monster slicks)?

Anyone in the US carry the Monster slicks? Krikke has them but the shipping is a real bite...Be nice to find them stateside somehwere.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:59 PM
amitysanimal

Default RE: Where to buy tires (Monster slicks)?

I ordered my MB from Krikke and shipping was only $100.00. Shipping for these 4 tires shouldn't be too bad. I think the prices on the site show the taxes, we don't have to pay them. www.fgperformancerc.com is the sole US distributor for Krikke parts now. Send Michael an e-mail and ask him what he can get them for you for, then you won't have to pay the big shipping charges.

amitysanimal
Old 04-27-2005, 08:12 PM
paul_c
My Feedback: (6)

snoopitalian, I ordered the slicks from Ron Krikke, but they are backordered. I've got to shoot him an email now that I think of it.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:55 PM
snooptalian

Thanks guys. I guess I'll email FGPerformance and see if they can get these or backorder them from Krikke. Are the slicks made by Krikke?
Old 04-28-2005, 05:27 AM
paul_c

ORIGINAL: snooptalian

Thanks guys. I guess I'll email FGPerformance and see if they can get these or backorder them from Krikke. Are the slicks made by Krikke?
The slicks aren't made by Krikke, because he's waiting to get them from his supplier! Can this be? Wonder where it all ends!
Old 04-28-2005, 08:25 AM
snooptalian

Someone else has to carry these...I emailed Ron at Krikke and he is still out of them and FGPerformance doesn't carry them right now, maybe later...Does anyone here actually have a set of these tires already?
Old 04-28-2005, 03:07 PM
paul_c

Someone else has to carry these...I emailed Ron at Krikke and he is still out of them and FGPerformance doesn't carry them right now, maybe later...Does anyone here actually have a set of these tires already?
Actually, I was looking for something between a pure slick and the tread style for the MT/MB. The new "Forty-sixes" seem like a good option, since we can use Pro-line/other makers. Anyone out there with experience with this combo yet?
Old 04-29-2005, 10:09 AM
snooptalian

ORIGINAL: paul_c

Actually, I was looking for something between a pure slick and the tread style for the MT/MB. The new "Forty-sixes" seem like a good option, since we can use Pro-line/other makers. Anyone out there with experience with this combo yet?
I would rather have the full size slick tires and wheels myself, rather than a smaller wheel size, not to mention glueing plastic wheels is tough enough as is, I don't even want to mess with glueing alloy wheels, then have to try and remove the wheels from them once they need replaced.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:39 AM
No Moa
My Feedback: (1)

[/quote]

I would rather have the full size slick tires and wheels myself, rather than a smaller wheel size, not to mention glueing plastic wheels is tough enough as is, I don't even want to mess with glueing alloy wheels, then have to try and remove the wheels from them once they need replaced.

[/quote]

Actually i said the same thing, but you can boil the alloys and the old tires and glue will come right off.