Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Bergonzoni GB clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 10:53 AM
kalabok

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bergonzoni GB clutch problems

I got another Bergonzoni Bandit/Bull used that needs a lot of work and clutch was busted. Clutch bell spins but clutch is loose so placing a pin in the hole does not work. Any ideas how I can disassemble it.

Visit http://www.kalabok.com/ - Hobby Search Engine
Old 05-02-2005, 12:24 PM
No Moa
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Bergonzoni GB clutch problems

if you find some info let me know, mine is out of adjustment, it gets so hot it actually smokes when i'm running. I'm not sure on how to get it apart either.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:04 PM
chevyman_de

As far as I know it is a similar design as a clutch from a nitro car, with a cone seat. May be this picture helps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67478.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	266056  
Old 05-03-2005, 01:48 PM
kalabok

I got it!

I had to remove pull start cover and held the crank shaft with the socket wrench. It worked nicelly.

After I got the car I completely disassembled it as it was in pretty bad shape, owned by novice most likely. So I removed engine from the car and did some work on it as I did not expect it to work. After I was done I started it up and boom :-( clutch locked. Who ever was working on this engine before me did very bad job. I should of checked the clutch but did not. Screws came out and looked the trany, nobody even put thread lock on the screws. Well now its all tuned up correctly. So if you get used car ALWAYS check the clutch, otherwise it may cost you a bit.