Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Very Distressed!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 07:10 AM
dazzahughesuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Very Distressed!!!!!!

Going to use the Castrol A747 oil and be done with it.

Darren
Old 05-10-2005, 08:12 AM
original.mb

dazza

i work full-time as a graphic designer and the main appz to use are photoshop cs, quarkxpress for type and dreamweaver mx for website graphics, i use all 3 to help my job. i am currently learning flash macromedia

dazza i graduated many moons ago in 94' i managed to get my head down and work hard enough to get a 2nd with honours so i can now have B.A [Hons] at the end of my name on an y correspiondence not that i have used it once in the 11 years since i graduated great job though i have worked all over the show from small companies to high-end stuff for reprographics worldwide.

how many years are you into your degree?

hey guys don't slate me for getting of topic i'm just very interested in darrens career as it is the same as mine and i can give him so great advice and a few pointers to get set up right.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:28 AM
Lee G

Dont ask him how many years into his course he will need math's to work it out and he dont need math's to be at uni, or work out how much a beer costs at the bar.
Look on the bright side, mc donalds wont be employing him
Old 05-10-2005, 10:00 AM
original.mb

lol
Old 05-10-2005, 12:04 PM
dazzahughesuk

Veron, I am coming to the end of my second year. and have one more year to go. As you know i am studying Software systems for arts and media which is a BSc/BA HONS deg.

Have you got an email address, so i could talk to you in private with out displaying to the world. PM me it. Cheers
Darren
Old 05-10-2005, 12:22 PM
dazzahughesuk

Now your getting to big for your boots.
ORIGINAL: Lee G

Dont ask him how many years into his course he will need math's to work it out and he dont need math's to be at uni, or work out how much a beer costs at the bar.
Look on the bright side, mc donalds wont be employing him
Old 05-10-2005, 01:35 PM
daytona7

He would be perfect at a K-Mart as a Blond cashier. Loved the last blond cashier at the superstore. Bought a case of oil and 2 loose quarts, was charged for "3" quarts, so I went back and got another 2 cases and 1 loose quart and was still charged for "3" quarts. You just got to love those blond cashiers! Some of the blond males are just as good as their female counterpart. Filled my van and boat gas tanks with 53 gallons, bought 2 packs of smokes, a 6 pack of soda and a bag of chips. Gave the blond cashier a $100 bill and he gave me back $92.75 change. Only charged for the smokes and chips.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:40 PM
daytona7

What's wrong with AMSOIL? Have been using AMSOIL 50:1 for about 6 years and now AMSOIL 100:1. Even know racers who use Castor Bean and Peanut cooking Oil which is cheaper[8D]
Old 05-11-2005, 12:47 AM
jimbo1890

since were off topic

Datona7 was the shop full of customers? was the driveway full of cars? It's not easy to keep track up to 15 pumps, pint's of oil on the forecourt, bag's of ice, etc.
I have consoled at a servo to pay for my education and it's not a lot of fun when you work 16 hours and realise you're till is out $90.00 which you had to make up yourself.
A self serve petrol station relies on the honesty of it's customers

sorry but it sounds like theft to me
Old 05-11-2005, 08:18 AM
CowboyBob

reminds me of a quote I once heard...."a man who takes ill-advantage of the ineptitude of others shows the true depth of his own integrity".
Old 05-11-2005, 11:27 AM
kiora

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: daytona7

Even know racers who use Castor Bean and Peanut cooking Oil which is cheaper[8D]
Castor Bean oil is dead common, I use it as Castrol r30 and I think that king cobra non synthetic is castor oil based. Havnt heard of anyone using peanut oil though, still why not

col.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:56 PM
turnell

FGU, iv tried to find castrol A47 but no motor bike garages sell it where i live, where do you get yours from? have you got a number for it?
Old 05-21-2005, 03:41 PM
ibstar

lots of A47 here miles and miles of it
Old 05-21-2005, 07:59 PM
daytona7

Have you ever tried to explain anything simple to a BLOND? Now a days they just scan an item for the price and if there are more than 2 like items, they just hit the ?x button and it is right. One case with ?? items inside and 1 loose item equals 2 items to a blond. I was the only one in the line with the blond and the store was not crowded. For all I knew, she might have been related to the blond car salesman who the year earlier gave me a written quote for my trade in and the new Z-71 Pickup truck that I was looking at. Had only $45.00 on me and put that down. Took the papers to my credit union office that Monday, Wednesday took the check and title for my trade in to the dealers and that Saturday I drove off the dealers lot my new $34,000 truck which only cost me $13,000. After I got home 3 hours later, I had several messages on my answering machine from the dealership wanting me to return with the truck. Seemed that a mistake was made the Saturday when I looked at the truck and the salesman gave me a written quote $5,000 OVER the book price for my trade-in and also took $5,000 too much off the list price of the truck. Of course I did not return the truck, especially after I called several other dealerships around and explained what happened without telling the name of the dealer where I bought the truck and was told the same thing by each one. It was a done deal the minute I drove off the lot. More so since all of the paperwork, including the original quote had to have been approved by the sales manager before I was given the quote and also the business manager during the whole week while they had all the paper work prior to my picking up the truck. I do not think anyone would complain about either deal, especially the last one. If they would, then I guess they do not cheat or lie on their income taxes.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:26 PM
daytona7

By the way, I've worked a full-time job, a part-time job AND attended school at the same time, not once but three times and if I made a mistake on the prices and change given, It was MY fault, NOT the CUSTOMERS who are always in a hurry and most times do not count their change. If, I make a mistake, then it is my problem to correct it, even if it means I have to make up the difference out of my own pocket. I've had on numerous occasions customers ATTEMPT a switch by showing a $100 dollar bill and then handing me a smaller bill in hopes of getting more money back while working 8 gas pumps on my own. Only time I came up short was when I had a helper who just happened to come up short on his own shift when he worked alone. That was until he got fired for being short at the end of his shift one time too many. Some people are just not capable of working at a fast stressed pace, no matter how much rest they get or how smart they are.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:30 AM
jimbo1890

As I wrote before "A self serve petrol station relies on the honesty of it's customers"

Daytona7 wrote "By the way, I've worked a full-time job, a part-time job AND attended school at the same time, not once but three times and if I made a mistake on the prices and change given, It was MY fault, NOT the CUSTOMERS who are always in a hurry and most times do not count their change. If, I make a mistake, then it is my problem to correct it, even if it means I have to make up the difference out of my own pocket. "

I am not sure how it works in the UNITED STATES but here in AUSTRALIA as soon as you start pumping petrol you enter into a contract to pay for the fuel you took.

Daytona7 the fact that you boasted about this "windfall" shows that you realised the operator made a mistake. Weather what you did was leagally justafiable or not, was it morally justafiable?

I don't knowingly cheat or lie on my taxes or anything else for that matter. I treat others how I expect to be treated in return.

With Honesty and Integrity.

In my humble opinion the world would be a much safer place if everyone did the same.

P.S. did the guy get sacked after squaring up the till?? I feel sorry for him.

Old 05-22-2005, 06:58 AM
daytona7

When he kept coming up short anywhere between $20 and $200 on each shift, the owners felt that either he could not make proper change when it got busy, was careless or was pocketing money. When you only have about $3500 in gas sales for an 8 hour shift and about half the sales are paid by credit or gas cards, then something is wrong. The station was not self serve so there was no excuse for being short or not knowing how much gas was pumped into a vehicle. As far as being honest and fair, is it fair to the clerk to point out their mistakes on giving change? Yes and No, depending on how long they have been working at the job. With a new cashier or one who is busy with a dozen customers lined up, then Yes, it is fair to inform them, but if the cashier has been working a few weeks or more and still makes mistakes, then NO because they are not paying attention to details and will keep on doing it until fired. Am I a *rick? Yes I am! As a supervisor I was fair and gave my workers the benefit of doubt and corrected their mistakes with constructive criticism. But for only so long. After that, TS!