Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Very Distressed!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 12:40 PM
dazzahughesuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Distressed!!!!!!

**BEWARE RANT IN PROGRESS**

Why is it that with getting bits for my Monster Beetle, and the hastle of getting it, I feel that something is stopting me from getting all the bits that i need. Takes so long to get the bits from upteen different shops and even when i do i feel they are the WRONG bits. Like with my thread on the chrages and dischargers, nobody really said that xyz charger will be fine for waht you need etc..., no, people just keep replying with the chargers what they have, ok fair enough, but i wantted advice on the dam things on what to go for/look out for etc... so i don't get the wrong product. Also why do people say when someone asks a question regarding a product say Venom racing oil, they say "I would get castrol 747 , most used oil and the best" when i did not ask for what you would recomend... and other things etc.. Things like this just *** me off!!!

I wish there was a shop that was exceptionally helpfull and sold all giat scale bits FG etc.. and had them instock etc.. that did not push you around and waste your time...who am i talking about...have a guess.......Rossendale models for letting me DOWN[>:][>:]

This thread is not directed at nobody.

Sorry, just need to get this of my chest.
feel better now.

**BEWARE RANT IN PROGRESS**
Old 05-06-2005, 12:51 PM
dazzahughesuk

Default RE: Very Distressed!!!!!!

Maybe its just me and im making this all up just get attention...maybe, but i just feel and something is pushing down on me trying to stop me getting my Monster Beetle up and full running! Im impatient.

Darren

Old 05-06-2005, 12:57 PM
hellya

Ya need to take a couple steps back from your project and relax alittle, roll a jay............................. everything works out in the end
Old 05-06-2005, 01:16 PM
dazzahughesuk

thats easier said than done!
Darren
ORIGINAL: hellya

Ya need to take a couple steps back from your project and relax alittle, roll a jay............................. everything works out in the end
Old 05-06-2005, 01:44 PM
Pigsmightfly

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not just you Daz. It's just the unavoidable crap that goes hand in hand with internet forums/shops.

People with less intelligence than a semi digested pickled egg suddenly develop opinions or get gobby when the prospect of a slap is unlikely. It's why I love forums so much and have been banned from 3
Old 05-06-2005, 02:00 PM
dazzahughesuk

a fraise comes to mind... 'Thats life'

Oh well

Darren
Old 05-06-2005, 02:43 PM
kiora

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow a rant indeed. nobody is going to tell you to buy a particular charger, people offered insights based on there own experience which is all they can do. I have only owned 1 charger and as good as it has been I would not tell you to buy it over another I have not owned.

It is upto you to read the advice and sort out good from bad and buy accordingly. Its a charger it charges a battery, theres not much more to it other than speed/screens and gimmicks and youre budget dictates how much of a charger/how many gimmicks you buy. If it charges 6v nicdad/nimh how can it be the wrong one?

As for the oil thing youve already made up youre mind which to use, so go with it and dont care what anyone else thinks, its a tried and tested brand specificaly for that job so nothing to worry about.

so chill out get youre bits together and beat me around the track on Sunday.

Oh yeah and most shop owners wont loose sleep over you not getting a/ the right bit in time for the weekend once they have youre money, you will find a good one one day and it will be great

See ya
Col.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:29 PM
FGUK
Banned

ORIGINAL: dazzahughesuk

Maybe its just me and im making this all up just get attention...maybe, but i just feel and something is pushing down on me trying to stop me getting my Monster Beetle up and full running! Im impatient.

Darren

You haven't got a woman in your life have you?

You need to put things into perspective........... it's only a toy car!

Like I said about Rossendale Models, speak to Richard and only Richard, there's a couple of mongs that work there that know fook hall, they'll try and screen his calls but insist on only speaking to him. Just one piece of advice too, when the phone goes to answerphone in the shop speak VERY LOUDLY and swear a bit, it's on speakerphone in the shop, they soon pick it up!!!
Old 05-07-2005, 03:44 AM
dubby

Sorry Daz but you do come across as a bit spoilt some times[X(]

Relax a little and enjoy your car for what it is.. a TOY.

Forums are based on opinions so that is all you will ever get in a reply. The trick is to pick out the bits of info that you need and read around the rest.
Old 05-07-2005, 04:18 AM
dazzahughesuk

Cheers guys for you VERY VERY help full comments.

I heard once in a shop..."what people say on forums, take with a pintch of salt"

Yes i am spoilt...im an only child

Might try that the next time i phone up RM, talk very loudly and maybe sware?

Darren
Old 05-07-2005, 04:29 AM
Lee G

If you had got it from Germany, you would have the car and all the bits by now.
So its your own fault
If the British cant compete against left hand drive beetles, let them loose enough sales until they do. Simple suply and demand.
If I need a lot of parts, I try the uk shops first then end up ordering from acros the pond because they normaly cary all the parts in stock
Old 05-07-2005, 04:34 AM
sasquatch1976

Daz:

I feel your pain. Here in Denmark it is somewhat like your situation.

That's why I order my parts from Germany. Not only are they quite cheaper than Danish shops, they actually have EVERY FG part in stock. They order every day at FG and they order exactly what they sell on every single day in a 1:1 scale.

They sell 300+ FG cars pr. month, and they told me (I actually drove 400 miles/650 kms to the shop) that this why they allways has everything. In rare occations some pars will get ordered alot so they are out of it.....i hear..

www.rc-car-online.de (Hobbythek)

They are very kind people and they speak engligh and they reply to you in 1-2 hours on e-mail.

They have very reasonable shipping costs, and I see that you are in the UK, so it will be the same charges at for me in Denmark.
I know that you are not just ordering one little part, because the shipping will make it expensive, but I just order some bigger chunks of what I call "high risk" parts. I don't care if it is a €150 shipment. I will love altually breaking a part I for once have a spare for. [:-]

As to your other "problems" on advice or lack of it I'm of no help. I did not read the posts

At least I hope that this information was somewhat helpfull, if not.. I guess I'm also just one of the A**Ho**s usually replying to your posts.....
Old 05-07-2005, 05:49 AM
jimbo1890

I'm a little confused the title of your charger thread was "Battery chargers/dischargers..what do you use?" so in answer I listed the charger I used.

Mabe if you had asked what to look for in a charger you may have got some different info but unfortunately I CAN'T READ MIND'S

As for your parts supply problem, find a hobby shop that want's your business rather than bang your head against a concrete wall with a shop that doesn't
Old 05-07-2005, 06:38 AM
dazzahughesuk

Once again, thanks for your replies.

Perhaps i should of ask a more of a direct question to get the answer i wanted about the chargers.

Darren
Old 05-07-2005, 06:41 AM
original.mb

hellya,

my advice exactly works for me everytime
Old 05-07-2005, 01:00 PM
dazzahughesuk

Have calmed down now.

Need to sort out the oil matter of where i can get King Cobra Racing Venom oil. Have tried Rossendale Models, and they have not sent it out, when they said they would. Have phoned them, but they are on hols till the 14th.

So i going to probably cancel the order and try RAPID RACING...http://www.rapid-racing.co.uk/index.htm

Cheers
Darren
Old 05-07-2005, 01:11 PM
original.mb

dazza

u need to start checking overseas mate, i used to get all my stuff from u.k but due to no stock i had to look eslewhere and i can source all the parts i need at a click of a button and i don't mind shipping cos its not as much for small items as one would think. no more waiting now as i order everything of the .net

if u can't beat 'em why not order from the other side of the woods makes perfect sense.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:31 PM
FGUK
Banned

ORIGINAL: dazzahughesuk

Have calmed down now.

Need to sort out the oil matter of where i can get King Cobra Racing Venom oil. Have tried Rossendale Models, and they have not sent it out, when they said they would. Have phoned them, but they are on hols till the 14th.

So i going to probably cancel the order and try RAPID RACING...http://www.rapid-racing.co.uk/index.htm

Cheers
Darren

Why don't you stop titting around and look in your Yellow Pages, find the nearest Motorcycle accesories shop and go and buy some Castrol A47 oil? Not difficult? Your delays are your own fault if that's all you're waiting for!
Old 05-07-2005, 04:24 PM
ibstar

money is the key on the charger thing, the one i posted was under £30 and does me,
you could spend £200 if you want.
find the exploded diagrams of the fgs and get the catalouge and when you order you'll never get the wrong part again
king cobra venom oil ????? KING COBRA DIRECT ?
Old 05-08-2005, 04:57 AM
dazzahughesuk

Have ordered the oril from King Cobra (Rossendale Models), but they have not set it out yet [>:]
Darren
ORIGINAL: ibstar

money is the key on the charger thing, the one i posted was under £30 and does me,
you could spend £200 if you want.
find the exploded diagrams of the fgs and get the catalouge and when you order you'll never get the wrong part again
king cobra venom oil ????? KING COBRA DIRECT ?
Old 05-08-2005, 04:43 PM
methodman

ORIGINAL: dubby

Forums are based on opinions so that is all you will ever get in a reply. The trick is to pick out the bits of info that you need and read around the rest.

thats some good advice, hope you get it sorted dazz, as it can be very frustrating when things arent going your way, as its an expensive hobby, and it sucks when all isnt going well. I too got mine from hobbytech, and cant praise then enough. I`m sure you`ll get your oil asap, just pick the phone up and make some calls, as fguk said.

aaron.

Old 05-08-2005, 08:03 PM
rcautovon

Hell ya hellya you got the idea man!!!LOL ALL YOU GUYS NEED TO GET A HOLD OF MIKE AT FGPERFORMANCRC.COM I DEAL WITH THIS CAT ON A DAILY BASES AND HE HAS NEVER DONE ME WRONG . ALSO FOR THE BEST CHARGER YOU NEED TO GET TH PROPHET PLUS W/ LCD IT HAS A DIGITAL READ-OUT AND AN ADJUSTABLE CHARGE RATE I USED TO BE A SPONSORED ELECTRIC 1/10 SC. RACER THIS IS A GOOD CHARGER AND ITS WARRANTY IS 3 YEARS I THINK . MY LOCAL HOBBY SHOP SELLS IT FOR LIKE 59.99 I THINK.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:51 AM
original.mb

yepp indeed the guys at www.fgperformancerc.com get the thumbs up from me www.rcnutshobbies.com are good to deal with as well
Old 05-09-2005, 05:35 AM
dazzahughesuk

I have since got a charger a Pro Peak Varipulse 2500VP and a Venom discharger.

I have ordered some oil from KRB...castrol 747 stuff, so i am going to cancel my order from Rossendale models.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:55 AM
original.mb

dazzeer

i use the venom racing oil from kcr never had trouble sourcing it from them, you should get a big tub of it to last you a few moon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.