Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Broken MT

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 01:30 PM
X-cell Fury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken MT

I have just got my new MT and was driving it for the first time today and really enjoying it until it stopped and wouldn’t go any where, instead just sat there revving.

After a quick inspection I found that the gear wheel driver (6050) was at fault. The two lips inside the hole of the gear wheel driver which grip the shaft had sheared off.

I was very shocked as it only lasted 30 minutes and I wasn’t even driving it hard as I was running it in. What I want to know is, is this a common fault and can you get metal ones as an upgrade?

Thanks
Old 05-15-2005, 03:22 PM
kiora

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Broken MT

Wow only 30 mins, oh dear.

Yes you can get an alloy one part number 6439 £15.20 they are much better.

You can get an adapter to take a steel 48t diff gear as well but after trying one I'm still not convinced they are all that good.

you should get a steel 16t pinion gear as well part number 6431 £12.70

Hope the next gears last a bit longer

see ya
Col.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:50 PM
X-cell Fury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Broken MT

Cool thanks for that - I will be on the phone first thing tomorrow ordering one.