Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

A stupid question on jumping

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 08:37 PM
daytona7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A stupid question on jumping

I know I've gotten on the case of others with stupid questions, but NOW it is MY TURN so fire away!
When making jumps with the MT, do you get off the throttle, stay on it, hit the brakes, not hit the brakes while the MT is in the air just before it hits the ground, hopefully on all 4 tires? OR in easier terms, the best way to keep from stripping the Spur Gears.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:03 PM
kidd

Default RE: A stupid question on jumping

stay on the gas don't shy away from the gas with 2 wheel drive it's best to stay on the gas until your car is in the air and the nose is up. you can always hit the brake when the timing is right to bring it down. also it's best to find a decent sized jump i've found that it's hard to stay on the gas if your only12 inches off the ground.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:19 PM
rcautovon

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NO!!!! stripping gears is because your tires are spinning to fast when theY hit the ground . Some of us cant control that rear tire speed unless you have rear brakes still. I can control my beetle just like this ... IF I AM NOSE HIGH IN A JUMP I WILL GIVE IT BRAKES IN THE AIR .. IT WILL SLOW THE SPIN OF MY FRONT TIRES IN TURN WILL BRING THE NOSE OF THE BEETLE DOMN. IF YOU ARE NOSE DOWN STAY ON THE THROTTLE AND YOUR NOSE WILL COME UP. STAY HARD ON THE THROTTLE ON A STEAP RAMP AND I CAN VOUCH THAT THE BEETLE WILL SHOW YOU A VERY IMPRESIVE BACK FLIP WHEN YOU SEE THE TRUCKS NOSE TOTALY FACING THE GROUN JUST TOUCH THE BRAKES A LITTLE AND THAT WILL STOP OR SLOW YOUR ROTATION. SORRY TO BE LONG WITH THIS BUT I LOVE JUMPING WITH THIS BUG . CHECK OUT MY FORUM ( DID I WIN THE BIG AIR CONTEST) o YA DAYTONA I WILL SHOW YOU HOW IN JULY LOL
Old 05-20-2005, 11:25 PM
hellya

I get on it right before a jump at the base, release throttle when in the air, then to bring the front end down (if needed) hit the front brakes work wonders.
Sometimes, just gasing it right will set your truck up for decent jumps.
Old 05-20-2005, 11:36 PM
ammdrew

depends on the jump, the angle of attack, the speed you hit the jump and the landing jump, you want to lay the truck down on the landing jump, not fall onto it, this becomes a skill as you jump more you will soon be able to change the angle in the air and even steer a bit, this is were fast servos come into play.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:22 AM
kiora

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just dont land with the throttle open and the clutch engaged, you will strip your gears almost every time.

See ya
Col.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:00 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

yup...

If you land one of these big things with the throttle up... say goodbye to your gears.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:35 AM
Croozer
My Feedback: (1)

Install the steel gears.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:21 PM
daytona7

Thanks ALL. The local RC Monster Truck Racing uses the same format as the real 1:1 things. Timed side by side racing with 2 small jumps (6" high) and 1 higher starting ramp (12"+/-), sled pull, tug-of-war, long jump and free style, all on a short (10-40 foot long) track either grass, dirt or asphalt set up for the smaller 1/8 and 1/10 nitro/electric RC's. As you can see, there is not enough room to get up to full speed so I will also have to change gears.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:55 PM
geniusgene

you want to keep it gassed as you go off the jump and roll off the throttle as it fly's.