Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Mt advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 08:17 PM
Australis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mt advice

Im waiting on my MT to show up via courier, Ive done a forum search and if this question is getting repetitive, I apologise in advance.
Have gained a lot of info from you guys, but Im wondering what are the best upgrades to keep my MT
"bashing".
Im thinking of these item's might be a priority:
tuned pipe, air filter, diff upgrade, front and rear upper and lower wishbones, wheely bar, shock tower?.
Any ideas/suggestions are most appreciated
Old 05-24-2005, 08:20 PM
geniusgene

Default RE: Mt advice

you pretty much have it covered. When you flip a 25lb truck at 30 mph anything can break. My advise is take it easy untill you understand how this machine handles. Its not like the smaller scales at all.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:30 PM
Australis

just got an email telling me the MT is in the mail, im excited, will be the longest 7 days for delivery in my life
do you guys use failsafes? i intend on installing a GWS FS1 failsafe.
I have a 600mah, 6v Nicad, do you think this will be enough? or should i remove a cell from a 7.2v Nimh 3300?
Old 05-25-2005, 09:38 PM
jimbo1890

I am using a gwsfs2 failsafe on my old marder and it works well

pulling a cell out of the 7.2volt pack will be perfect.

oh, failsafes are pretty much mandatory with these things
Old 05-25-2005, 11:46 PM
geniusgene

http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/show...ItemID=10419.7

look at this pack if you want, I have it and it fits in stock location w/ a slight bit of grinding on the battery mounts...
Old 05-26-2005, 03:19 AM
kidd

here's your mt pipe http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...978001473&rd=1

it looks just like the pipe i got with the 29cc engine. both are in looks good and very durable. the only thing is when i mounted it with my g23rc it was a direct fit but after i put the 29cc in i had to elongate the hole 3mm rearward so that the holes would line up and the bolt would go in.
Old 05-26-2005, 04:56 AM
Australis

thanks kidd, sean at oneills emailed me earlier with these same details. only problem now, is ive run out of cash for the time being
can you be a bit more descriptive of what you mean, i take it you mean where the header pipe joins the exhaust manifold (if thats what its called?)
was it a big job to get it to fit? ie: any special tools/machining?
have you run it yet? am looking foward to hearing your thoughts, my 29cc parts are still in the post at the moment.
does the pipe touch the body in any way?
any other comments? i have found oneills to be very helpful, answering all my stupid and constant emails at all hours, and in record time
Old 05-26-2005, 01:28 PM
kidd

sorry it was 3 am when i made that post i had just gotten off work. the mounting tab that bolts to the clutch assembly not the header. the tab is 14ga or .075 thick a dremel or a file for sharpening a chainsaw should do the trick.
ive run one tank seems as though it puts out more power on the bottomend at a richer setting that means a black plug and possible foul plug. i'm going to try a 40:1 or 50:1 ratio on my fuel.

i will have to cut the body for it to fit. from the pics on ebay it looks like it will fit under your body.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:55 AM
Australis

i am convinced that FG make the MT like it is just so people like me have to buy new parts and upgrade it before
i can really have some fun with it. i have now temporarily fixed the stripped insides of the spur problem.
i went out to my new bashing spot which is awesome, but after about 10-15 minutes a bloody screw that holds the bottom part of the right front wheel hub fell out, so back home to the shed, i fixed it, then out to the bashing spot, and it come out again. when i do get it to run ok, im constantly worried what will break/fall off next. try finding
a 1 inch screw in amongst all this.
when it is running, its great, even with the stock exhaust and motor.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16567.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	281030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55943.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	281031  
Old 06-06-2005, 02:11 AM
kidd

i feel ya man i got my mb in the winter so the plastic was pretty hard in the cold, that helped hold the screws in place. also less traction to put stress on the drivetrain playing in the snow.

put some ca glue on the screws threads it will help a little. you really have to watch them especially the motor mount and that brace going from the rear bulkhead to the large motor mount can cause the layshaft gear and the diff gear to skip across each other.

remember it's a hobby one day you'll be able to get 3 whole tanks thru it
Old 06-07-2005, 12:19 AM
Australis

well good news, i finally got about 3/4 of a tank thru it without too many major dramas, not taking into account
the left rear turnbuckle came out, but that was easily fixed, and i found the dog bone.
have installed the 29cc sikk kit in it, so am going thru the run in process again, but this time with a bit more
confidence that the truck will keep going, fingers crossed.
am still running 25:1 but i think it may need leaning out a touch shortly.
also having a few radio probs, when the truck is any further away than 20-30 metres the throttle doesnt respond, so ive moved some
of the radio gear around to alleviate any R/F interference, if that doesnt work, ill try shielding the receiver with aluminium foil.
ive made sure the transmitter batteries are charged up, so ive ticked that off the list of possible causes, the receiver batteries are all good aswell.
i may have to change out the failsafe, it just so happens i have a spare one, if that proves fruitless, then ill change from my 27mhz to 40mhz radio.
i may have to look at a better radio setup (something that puts out more power? am open to suggestions)
Old 06-07-2005, 02:19 AM
kidd

here is the latest info i've found on the fuel octane and ratio of oil. since i had to replace the cylinder on my sikk engine i figure i'd better not have to replace it in the near future
http://www.davesmotors.com/goped-faq.htm
scroll down to the chart with all the engines listed and their information. 95 octane is recomminded and a 25:1 ratio. i don't know where i'm going to find 95 octane or higher may have to go to the airport.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:44 AM
Australis

hey thanx kidd, ill check it out.
am still having some radio problems, but im putting it down to the failsafe, as the steering is fine.
heres a pic of me about an hour ago, do you know how hard it is to drive one handed and take a photo at the same time lol
ive done nearly two full tanks and ive not broken a thing, i actually came home because i had run outa fuel and it was getting dark, so fingers crossed i can
keep this up. at one point i had the truck doing a wheely all the way up the sand face, its about 45-50 degrees, a bit hard to see, but its steep.
hopefully a tuned pipe will unleash the beast within.

Name:	Bz78256.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	281546   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75198.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	281547  
Old 06-07-2005, 07:38 AM
daytona7

I'd like to find some sand hills like that here in Florida that are not fire ant hills, out on the Interstate in construction areas or on the beaches. Guess I'll have to settle for the grassy knolls and sand traps on the golf course across the street while I sit down on my screened in patio and enjoy a nice cool one waiting for the next golfer to hit a ball into one of the sand traps.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:22 AM
jimbo1890

Those nasty little fire ants are starting their relentless march across this continent as well

The gov't is throwing millions of dollars at the problem but I guess we will have to learn to live with them eventually.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:39 AM
methodman

wow, that looks like a great place for bashin` glad your trucks sorted out too!

aaron.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:49 AM
Australis

methodman, yeah, it is a good spot, but its only temporary, like most of them, as its an up and coming housing development, i think theyll tell me to take a hike if i went earlier in the day.
you can see the S pattern as im driving up the hill one handed.
a lesson for the unitiated too, dont stand behind a truck when it is bogged, and give it a helping hand, and rev it
at the same time

Name:	Zw69555.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	281586   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80614.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	281587  
Old 06-07-2005, 08:22 PM
daytona7

I don't think Florida is doing anything to eliminate them since they stopped making it mandatory for Fire Ants to be on a leash and might try to have them classified as a threatened species if it means more money from the government.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:38 PM
Australis

i take it fire ants have a nasty bite?
sounds like florida has some of australia's do-gooder minority groups to keep everyone happy
still waiting for the alloy spur carrier to arrive from holland, i think ill deal locally or with the US next time i order
something, nothing against the Dutch people out there, but the language barrier can be a bit annoying
Old 06-08-2005, 01:32 AM
jimbo1890

Australis, I've never had to resort to Dutch with Ron at krikke and my orders normally took about a week unless held up at Customs

Sorry you had to wait too long
Old 06-08-2005, 01:39 AM
ryan@ddm

ORIGINAL: kidd
i don't know where i'm going to find 95 octane or higher may have to go to the airport.
Try any local motorcycle shop and they should have everything you need.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:55 AM
Australis

jimmbo, i bought my alloy gear carrier from pitstop, the only real problems are the yes and no answers from my emails, when ive asked a bit of detail about the postage
Old 06-08-2005, 02:33 AM
kidd

thanks ryan that's exactly wher i found some yesterday before work when i bought some honda synthetic 2 stroke oil. it costs $6.00 a gallon for 110 octane.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:54 AM
daytona7

Have you thought of seeing about being a local dealer should the 1/6 scale take off in your neck of the woods? Might work out great to your advantage.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:34 AM
Australis

daytona, i havent done that, not to say that i wont.

just ordered an x-can for the MT, looking forward to trying it out.
any suggestions where i could get a couple of feet of silicon tubing, about 1/2 to 3/4 inch in diameter.
i dont think hobby shops sell it that large do they?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.