Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

front and rear disk brake???

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 03:11 AM
kidd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front and rear disk brake???

what's the difference the fronts are 30 dollars cheaper? why can't i get 2 sets of front disk brakes? also do i need the special square wheel hub that has the snap ring on it to hold the disk in place?

my stock rear brake is crap i've modified it twice now with a stainless disk and gasket material for pads. i need serious stopping power with the 29cc and oneilbros. pipe on the way.
i think i'll just about be done and can really enjoy running my mb.

edit: the 8450/1 mechanical disk brake http://www.molzermoweryracing.com/ac..._8461_111.html
Old 05-25-2005, 04:08 AM
victionone

Default RE: front and rear disk brake???

Front and rears are different. Longer cables and different cable holders, among other things. You should try just getting the fronts. It will take a lot of work off the rear brakes, making them work a lot better. Braking is limited by surface traction, so the car's braking capabilities is limited. I'm assuming your car is an off-road. If it's an on-road, then do the 4 wheels. Otherwise, try the fronts first.

Also, get strong servos. Cheap and weak ones don't have the holding power and will burn out. Not to mention they don't work as well.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:12 AM
Australis

kidd, slightly off topic, i have bought the 29cc big bore kit from oneils, and am now waiting on the MT pipe to come out.
now i just have to wait for the whole lot to show up, including the truck.
oh, anyone want a brand new 26cc sleeve and piston
Old 05-25-2005, 01:02 PM
kidd

slightly more off topic. the oniellbros. pipe went on great sounds funny though.

i must say this pipe will not come off. i can grab the pipe and hold the car off the ground the mounting is the best. it's held on by two places the header on the engine and check this out there is a tab that protrudes down and it's held in place by one of the three bolts that swecure the gear cover.
it's mounted in two place and thier both on the engine not the rollcage the pipe is one piece it's practically bullet proof
i think my g23 needs a now ring after 3 gallons and a screwed up air filter. i'm going to wait to say anything about the performance but it runs totally differant.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:45 AM
JRexA

Are you using the stock rear brake? Or have you upgraded to the 97 Alu rear brake?

The 97 alu brake upgrade is somewhat stronger than the standard brake, but you also need to upgrade to the 97 gear carrier plate, in order to use it.

The 97 rear brake comes standard on the Marder Race and the Leopard Race.

The 97 rear brake still doesn't compete with a genuine dual disk rear brake setup, but for me it is (still) good enough.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:13 PM
victionone

For the price, you might as well pay a little more for the rear disk brakes. It's about a $50 difference?
Old 05-27-2005, 01:00 AM
kidd

so how about the square wheel hub with the snap ring on it does it come with the disk brakes. and do i even need it?
Old 05-27-2005, 02:07 AM
victionone

No it is not needed.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:27 AM
kidd

thanks
Old 05-27-2005, 11:19 AM
hellya

These hydro brakes are for front or rear applications, on or offroad....all for the same price
I used these brakes on my MT- front ......... on my street ride, front and rear
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11472.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	136.2 KB
ID:	277096   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39126.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	277097   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41736.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	277098  
Old 05-27-2005, 12:21 PM
kidd

thanks hellya, i was looking at those but i have been spending alot of money on my mb lately. so i ordered a set of cable brakes. i'll probably consider a set of hydro brake after my bank account recovers. for now i just want it to stop.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:36 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

I have both cable tunning disk brakes. If you do this make sure you use 2 servos and make or get a aluminum radio tray. Or you can get the carbon one too but it's $130CAD. The front and rear are different. I would get the rear one's first and just use those if i had to do it again now. This way you remove you old rear brakes and still use the 1 servo for this set-up.