Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Nomadio Sensor w/ Largescale RC's???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Nomadio Sensor w/ Largescale RC's???

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 09:07 PM
RCholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nomadio Sensor w/ Largescale RC's???

I've been putting off buying a new radio system for my largescales for a while now... (luckily works been keeping me REALLY busy to pass the time)...
I had been thinking about a Futaba 3PK and then adding the spektrum unit to it. But now I see the Nomadio Sensor Radio has finally come to market.
Looks like a very unique & comfortable system... BUT I can't seem to get an answer from Nomadio regarding "Brake Mixing"
Does anyone know if the sensor has "Brake Mixing" for front and rear brakes on largescale RC's?
Is anyone planning on using the Sensor for their largescales?

Thanks
Old 05-25-2005, 09:13 PM
jimbo1890

Default RE: Nomadio Sensor w/ Largescale RC's???

there is a long thread in the car radio equipment forum that deals soley with the nomadio and someone from the company regularly answers questions

try asking there I'm not sure if anyone here has the nomadio yet
Old 05-25-2005, 09:23 PM
RCholic

Thanks jimbo1890... actually I just checked that thread... I posted a question there a while back BUT I never got an reply email and forgot to checked back. [sm=redface.gif] I did also try emailing Nomadio's website for an answer "twice" but never got a response.

Roy did answer my question though in the other thread...
Here's his response if anyones interested/thinking of the Sensor...
RCHolic,
The Sensor has a built in failsafe. No need to have an aftermarket failsafe. I don't think we have brake mixing in the 1.0 software but it might be added if there's enough demand. The boat guys are talking about mixing as well.

This is the beauty of a software-based product. Such things can be added to improve the product after you buy it.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:35 PM
jimbo1890

that's what I liked about the sensor the fact that the software is upgradable and everything is software based

brake mixing is a big selling point for the current high end radios and to think that nomadio won't compete on this feature would be incomprehensible and just a matter of downloading a new software revision via the USB and if your really tricky you can do it yourself with the open source developers pack they are going to put out soon aparently

I can see myself getting the sensor in the future but my 3pk is doing me fine for now.
Old 05-26-2005, 01:39 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: RCholic
Does anyone know if the sensor has "Brake Mixing" for front and rear brakes on largescale RC's?
Is anyone planning on using the Sensor for their largescales?
I recently purchased the Nomadio Sensor and did a quick scan of the computer manual; however, I didn't see anything about a brake mix though I would like to use the Nomadio Sensor with my large scale R/Cs or at least have the capability to use it with most of my R/Cs including 1/4 scale on down. I have yet to actually use the Nomadio Sensor, so I can't provide any input in that regard. If you are wondering, I am using a Futaba T3PK with a 1/5th scale FG.