Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

How to mount my MB's front body posts with a Krikke front end?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

How to mount my MB's front body posts with a Krikke front end?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 02:48 PM
snooptalian
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to mount my MB's front body posts with a Krikke front end?

I just finshed my install of the complete front end on my MB to all Krikke alloy and have no way to mount the stock body posts. I thought there would be a spot on the shock tower to put them but there is nowhere to put the posts. Anyone have any idea how to get these mounted?

Thanks alot....
Old 05-26-2005, 03:46 PM
fgbasher
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: How to mount my MB's front body posts with a Krikke front end?

No one makes a front shock tower for the MB yet in Alloy. I have been waiting months for one.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:14 PM
snooptalian

That sucks...Krikke's lists the complete front end as being for the MB/marder, would have been nice if they could have mentioned that the body posts for the MB won't work with this setup. All that's needed is 2 holes drilled in the top of the alloy shock tower...
Old 05-26-2005, 11:26 PM
a_vdk

I had to have some holes tapped. You may also notice some fit issues. Let me know how it goes since I have the same stuff[sm=rolleyes.gif]
Old 05-27-2005, 09:39 AM
snooptalian

I emailed Ron at Krikke and he told me he is contacting his manufacturer to see if they can start making an optional MB shock tower with the holes already drilled and tapped for the body posts. Unfortunately I don't have any clue how to do this myself, so I guess I'll have to install the stock shock tower instead of the alloy one I have now. Now it's time to start putting the alloy on the rear end now. Hopefully everything goes smoothly there. I haven't had any fitment problems so far, I do still need to figure out the adjustment of the front arms and the alloy uprights, as now the wheels are cambered in too much and I'm not to sure how to level them out yet...Looks pretty dang nice though so far...
Old 05-27-2005, 09:52 PM
a_vdk

There is no question that they are quality parts, but they can be a little different than the stock parts in how they are adjusted. I think they should come with more information. At this cost there should be no need for trial and error[sm=rolleyes.gif] Let me know about the camber adjustments since mine is also a little off. Keep us updated on the Mfg. updates and responses. I think I may have already bent one of the arms today because it will not track straight. With it being alloy I hope I can bend it back.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:20 AM
snooptalian

Yes they are nice parts, but instructions would be great. Right now I'm trying to connect the rear upper arm to the upright extension and have no clue how to do it. I don't have anything that will screw into the upper arm to connect to the extension on the upright. Anyone know what I'm missing here?
Old 05-30-2005, 12:51 PM
snooptalian

Ok, I got the upper arm on now. My next problem is with the diff carriers. They have 4 bolts, 2 for each side that gets screwed in from the bottom of the chassis, I have 3 of them in no problem, and the 4th hole doesn't line up well, so I have no way of screwing anything into it. Will I be ok with 3 screws thread locked, leaving the 1 screw out obviously, since I can't get a screw in more than half way before it's too tight to turn anymore?

Edit: Just broke the screw in half trying to make it fit. Oh well, 3 screws will be enough with threadlock...

Old 05-30-2005, 11:58 PM
a_vdk

The only way I could get all 4 in was to install them at the same time. It was a slow process at only a couple of turns at a time There is so much stress on each screw that I do not even think lock tite is needed. I think they were designed to be used with their diff. carriers and I have the FG brand alloy diff. carriers.