Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Proposed Monster Truck set-up MT-5

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Proposed Monster Truck set-up MT-5

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 10:45 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proposed Monster Truck set-up MT-5

This will be my first real rc! (I don't count the aluminum/mamba'ed RC18T) Please help with set-up.

I think I am going to go with the silver 3pk with pcm([link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCML5**&P=0]Radio[/link]) with this servo for steering([link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCML5**&P=0]HS-805[/link]) and this servo for throttle and brake([link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXN600&P=0]HS705mg[/link]). What do you think? should I use 2 servos for steering? which ones? I am trying to keep costs down but not trying to waste money on stuff I will upgrade later.
My goal is to buy the Truck ($980)
The radio sys($309)
The two speed transmission($190)
Tuned pipe(fg or Oneil)($140-170)
The 4 gear adj diff($???)
The steel gear conversion($90-110) and try to stay as close to $2000 as possible.
Do you have any other suggestions?
Old 06-05-2005, 11:20 PM
jimbo1890

Default RE: Proposed Monster Truck set-up MT-5

I'd leave the two speed transmission alone for now these things go real quick as it is

keep some money for breakages and batteries
Old 06-06-2005, 01:17 AM
Doohan

For my MT I use the 3PK with HRS. The Hitec 805 and 705 are not good enough, go for the digital servos.
HS 5745 MG 1/4 scale for steering, HS 5625 MG or HS 5645 MG for throttle/brake.
One servo for steering is fine, run 6 volt direct to the servos.
Forget the 2 speed and get front disc brakes instead.
I use the FG tuning cable set and run a 3rd servo...on full braking all wheels lock up.
Get the steel pinion and alloy gear carrier, but leave the main plastic gear...its good to have this as the weakest point in the drivetrain. Just have a few spare plastic gears, they are cheap enough.
The stock FG Diff is crap, I use the FG double self locking diff.
All that with a pipe and you should have a good set up....just make sure you look after your air filter.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:25 AM
kidd

the motor mounts are plastic! even nitros come with aluminum motor mounts changing those will save you some trouble.