Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

WONT START

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 01:24 AM
q8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WONT START

with in the first tank the car started after like15 pulls then when ever i let the throtle it dies went through 3/4 of the tank and thats its its died and wont start check the plus it was black cleaned it checked the spark but still wont start i even did the flood thing pulling with out the plug for like 3-5 time but still wont start
Old 06-07-2005, 01:31 AM
hellya

Default RE: WONT START

This is from a similar post

I had trouble starting mine when it was new. I did everything in the book. I even used ether. I removed the spark plug and checked for gap and spark. It had it all. It was making me nuts because I knew it should start. Well, it turned out to be a very simple solution. The idle speed screw (NOT idle mixture) was backed off from the factory, so it couldn't hold an idle. Can't idle, can't start. I screwed in the idle speed screw and it started right up.

Make sure you use your choke if necessary. Once it pops and dies, take the choke open. Oh, one more thing to check. See if your kill button is depressed. Mine got stuck in the down position the first time I used it!

Old 06-07-2005, 01:56 AM
q8

If the kill botton is on then i wont get a spark
Old 06-07-2005, 07:42 AM
JRexA

Have you checked the Idle screw?

It could be backed out too much, meaning that the throttle is 100% closed, and then you will never get it to start.