Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

need a pipe for my Firehammer

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 11:16 PM
jammingmc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a pipe for my Firehammer

Thinking of trying an "other than stock" pipe for my FH. Do any of you guys (that have a Marder and have upgraded) still have their old pipe? Would like to get one and try before I spend big $$$ on a performance part. Just email me direct at [email protected]

thanks in advance!

jamminGMC
Old 06-09-2005, 11:27 PM
a_vdk

Default RE: need a pipe for my Firehammer

The exhaust/pipe are the same for both the FG and Duratrax you will not notice any difference. Keep an eye on the x-can from TGN (look a few posts down) it looks promising and for 80 bucks it could give you that little bit extra you are looking for. I perform better with my Samba then my friend with the x-can, but the performance is not worth the extra 200 bucks I may just get the x-can and sell my Samba. I can use the extra 100.00+ on something that really makes a big difference, The Wife
Old 06-12-2005, 08:48 PM
Izoomby

Do yourself a favor and drop the $169 bucks for the Oneill Brothers Pipe!!! I did and I have no regrets!! Look around the forums no one and I mean no one that has one on their RC complains of lack of performance. JMHO.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:36 AM
Croozer
My Feedback: (1)

You can also check out the new FG 2 piece tuned pipe (PN6292) for $145, I have one on my MB and it works great.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:59 AM
hellya

Old 06-13-2005, 11:01 AM
hellya

ORIGINAL: Izoomby

Do yourself a favor and drop the $169 bucks for the Oneill Brothers Pipe!!! I did and I have no regrets!! Look around the forums no one and I mean no one that has one on their RC complains of lack of performance. JMHO.

That pipe is new............ I dont know anyone that owns one.... I have heard alot of complaints about aluminum pipes in general (Dents)
Old 06-13-2005, 01:09 PM
Izoomby

Hellya, I have one and I love it. No dents either????? The reason I bought one is because I read a thread on it in the firehammer forum. Regardless that is on bad pipe. I wasn't too crazy about cutting up my body to accommodate the massive expansion chambers, but now that I have run it and finally tuned the carb to the new pipe I am extremely pleased. I also bought the 29cc upgrade but I have not installed it yet because I wanted to have good comparison between the factory 23cc and the new power-plant. Maybe this upcoming w/e I will slap in the 29 and let er rip!!!!!
Old 06-13-2005, 01:55 PM
hellya

right on... I hope the pipe works for you talk to me about no dents in your pipe after you have rolled your vehicle once or twice at 35+ mph..............the first thing to get a dent will be your pipe as with all pipes.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85232.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	284475