Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Selwa's Monster Marder Race/Pro

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 11:05 PM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selwa's Monster Marder Race/Pro

Here's a few picks of what I have so far after having the MB which I made to a MT-5, then a MB Pro and now here's what I have.

I have the Elcon arms on order and I'm still wondering about using a 1/4 scale servo for the trottle and all the brakes. This way I can put the radio box back in it's spot.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:40 PM
jimbo1890

Default RE: Selwa's Monster Marder Race/Pro

Looks cool mate

I am running a hitec 5945mg for throttle/brakes/front brakes and works well. I can lock the fronts no worries

the elcon arms are nice too
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77627.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	286854   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43689.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	286855  
Old 06-19-2005, 06:39 AM
SELWA

I like your colours on the arms. Is that Krikke stuff?? I thought about them too but it's hard to get some of the brands when we don't have anyone in Canada who imports then. When we buy from the US we get hit with some BS duty fees. We already pay 15% taxes on EVERYTHING here as it is!! I had my front wheels lock too before I put the rear brakes on. There's so many adjustment points and the larger wheel don't help matters. I like the idea of the 2 1/4 scale servos but I wonder about power and if it's a better choice. I'd hate to cut my radio tray and find out it doesn't work too well.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:31 AM
jimbo1890

Yea mate it is Krikke stuff and we have 10%GST which up's the price it's a good thing Krikke doesn't charge tax on exports.

I think a 1/4 scale would work perfectly. I fitted a 1/4 scale servo in my old marder and it worked fine though it doesn't have front brakes.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:40 AM
Mad Wax

Unusual, dual shock rear end, single shock front end. Why like that? What does dual shocks do differently to single shocks? Could you use softer springs on rear to adjust slightly? Why did you use single shock for fronts? (since my cars have single shock a frames no experience with dual shock arrangement)
Old 06-19-2005, 08:36 AM
SELWA

The dual rear shocks help with the larder wheels, as for the front, I've changed the front end from the MT-5 since I wanted a marder body anyways.

I may still try the other 1/4 servo, I have one on order as a spare.