Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

TGN X-Can Results

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 08:52 PM
cormierone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TGN X-Can Results

Hey Guys,

I tried the X-Can and these are the remarks that I sent Mark.

Hey Mark,

Yes, I tried the X-Can out, first; let me say that it sounded like a competition chain saw on steroids, I'm running dual pipes. To me the sound was awesome, although my neighbors might not think so. The sound is different from the FG pipe and with duals coming out of the back it's awesome.

The performance was smooth and predictable no surprises, bottom and mid range torque was comparable to the FG, but the FG has it on top end, but not by much considering the price difference. You can pull a wheel stand from the start, but to me that’s not important I prefer keeping the wheels on the ground.

I had to raise the idle a bit, but that's the only adjustments I made. The throttle response wasn't on, but after break in I'm going to tweak the low speed needle (lean it out) because it's running rich and with 40:1 mixture I think it's too much oil because I'm running Belray racing synthetic and I don't feel I need that much oil. I think a 50:1 or 60:1 would take care of that.

Overall; I think the X-Can will give anyone a performance improvement over stock, I think I'm going to keep the X-Can on, I feel after I tweak the engine a little it will run with the FG pipe. I'm not familiar with the Samba so I can't make any comments on it. I do recommend as you said to use the silicone tubing at the ends of the stingers before connecting it to the main exhaust pipe, they get really hot it you don't. If you don't have the skills of soldering I found a product from Wal-Mart called "Just For Copper", it's a liquid that will set and seal in less than a minute and will take 1200 psi and cost less than $4.00, just make sure that you have an idea of how you want your pipes position when it's on it's on. I feel if anyone buys the X-Can they won't be disappointed, it's a good choice for the performance you get for $79.00 and I appreciate the added goodies you included. I'm going to post this on RCUniverse.

Take care,

Cormierone

Old 06-20-2005, 10:43 PM
hpiguy

Default RE: TGN X-Can Results

Pictures?

I've never heard of the Xcan. Would like to see one installed.

Chris
Old 06-21-2005, 02:51 AM
a_vdk

hpiguy go to this thread for info. on the x-can. tgnman has a pic of it installed as his image.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3036671/tm.htm
Old 06-21-2005, 04:16 AM
original.mb

hpiguy

its a neat piece of kit the reason why i am interested is because it reminds me of the engine/exhausts on the real mt's with short spoutsmaybe thats why it sounds so awesome
Old 06-21-2005, 04:23 AM
Australis

i have also installed an X-CAN, but as mentioned in another post i have not run it significantly to make any judgments other than, i agree it sounds like a chainsaw on steroids, lots of steroids, but i like that, it sounds "meaty" for want of a better word.
i will post more info after a bash this weekend.
heres a picture, nothing fancy about my pipe work, but it doesnt leak and it seems effective, not touching the body
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95834.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	287717  
Old 06-21-2005, 06:08 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

When you say FG pipe do you mean the 3 pc one of the stock one. I have the 3pc and it's pretty good but it gets banged up pretty good since it's aluminum.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:27 PM
cormierone

Yes,,, It's the 3 piece.

Cormierone
Old 06-22-2005, 05:56 PM
original.mb

i may just by one x-can for the noise factor
Old 06-24-2005, 04:34 AM
Australis

took my FG MT for a bash after work today with the new X-can on. all the money spent on elcon parts and other alloy seems worth it so far. but to the topic at hand.
its bit hard to provide an opinion on my truck with the X-can on, as when i finished running i found that both of the pipes (see above picture) came out of the copper elbow, so the solder mustve melted or more than likely it was just my crappy soldering.
i lost one pipe but the other was still hanging inside. made one hell of a mess inside with the exhaust.
but performance wise, it sounds a lot different to the stock muffler, a much deeper note, as mentioned earlier like a chainsaw on steroids. its very hard for me to tell if/how much of an increase in power there might be as i run on sand 99% of the time, i have more confidence in it idling though, and just before i packed up this afternoon, i ran it on *****umen, it didnt lift the front wheels but it created a lot of wheel spin, probably due to wet/sandy tyres. i think it has a slight improvement in the bottom end as the motor seems happy to spin up very early in the rev range, but you have to take into account that im no expert in tuning, and that i have the 29cc sikk bigbore kit installed
Old 06-24-2005, 11:08 AM
cormierone

Australis,

I don't know if you can get this product, but; It'called "Just for Copper" it's a liquid solder it will handle up to 300 degrees and 1200 psi. Total setup, bond and seal time is 7 minutes so you have to be quick in setting up you're pipe position.I've used it and my pipes are permanently sealed. Just some information you might be interested in.

Horace
Old 06-24-2005, 07:07 PM
Australis

cormierone, ill look it up, but its still no excuse for my poor soldering
Old 06-25-2005, 01:57 AM
ryan@ddm

The X-can is a top quality, high performance exhaust can. I've used them for years and have nothing but good things to say about them.

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product19.html
http://www.davesmotors.com/store/teamgonads.html
Old 07-12-2005, 08:16 PM
horsepower

hey australis did u have to put those add on copper pipes to the x-can
Old 07-12-2005, 08:38 PM
horsepower

are the x-cans anygood or not
Old 07-12-2005, 11:14 PM
rcsupercat
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: horsepower

TTT
Old 07-13-2005, 07:45 AM
Fin-Chef

Hello!

Does anyone know if there is a TGN X-Can dealer in Europe? Yesterday I tried to order one from US(from gomeyer.com) but the netstore had something against my Master Card. Allthought I have had the trouble also earlier when I tried to order something from US.

I have now broken two expensive tuned pipes and I thought that X-Can could just be the right one for me.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:35 PM
Stegy

ORIGINAL: horsepower

Trust me, you can't go wrong with any of TGN products, especially with X-Can.
Personally I recommend you to purchase a X-port for X-Can. Those 2 in combination, and you'll have "torque horse".
Old 07-13-2005, 01:55 PM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man! What is up with that?!! I have had major problems with my Visa when ordering from Krikke. I don't understand why...there is plenty of money in the account.

It's like a conspiracy to keep our countries on edge and mistrusting one another. [:'(] Is there no other way to pay? [sm=eek.gif]
Old 07-13-2005, 01:57 PM
icecreamslick

The only thing I can suggest is trying TeamGoNads. They may be able to help. [8D]
Old 07-14-2005, 01:04 AM
jimbo1890

Icecreamslick There was a computer theft of millions of mastercard and visa account details a while ago mabe your bank put an automatic stop on overseas purchases as a precaution. It won't be Krikke's fault .

I suggest you contact your bank and ask them.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:07 PM
ryan@ddm

ORIGINAL: Fin-Chef

Hello!

Does anyone know if there is a TGN X-Can dealer in Europe? Yesterday I tried to order one from US(from gomeyer.com) but the netstore had something against my Master Card. Allthought I have had the trouble also earlier when I tried to order something from US.

I have now broken two expensive tuned pipes and I thought that X-Can could just be the right one for me.
We ship TGN products to Europe regularly. Drop me a line for assistance if you like, or browse:
http://www.davesmotors.com/store/teamgonads.html
Old 08-18-2005, 07:44 PM
TGNman

ORIGINAL: Australis

i have also installed an X-CAN, but as mentioned in another post i have not run it significantly to make any judgments other than, i agree it sounds like a chainsaw on steroids, lots of steroids, but i like that, it sounds "meaty" for want of a better word.
i will post more info after a bash this weekend.
heres a picture, nothing fancy about my pipe work, but it doesnt leak and it seems effective, not touching the body
Here are my tips after being chromed, sorry for the crappy pic.

Hope you enjoy.

Mark Hull
Old 08-19-2005, 06:29 PM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

Is there a video of a buggy or truck with the x-can? I want to hear it!
Im looking at the x-can or the Jet-pro pipe and would like to compare the sound of the two..
Old 08-19-2005, 06:46 PM
icecreamslick

I have the X-can also...had a video to upload until my wife deleted it in favor of my daughter's first day of Kindergarten. [&o]

What was she thinking!!! [X(]

Anyway, in my opinion the X-can is a really good upgrade from stock. It looks and sound really good, but I honestly did not see that much of a power improvement (although it does seem to squat and dig in more on take-off). Keep in mind that I also made a gearing change (all steel gears), so that may have had an affect, as well.

To sum up, if you want a big boost in POWER, go with the Jetpro pipe, FG pipe, or the Samba. If you want your FG to sound like a mad, growling chainsaw and have a tricked out exhaust set-up, go with the X-can and design yourself some pipes. I enjoy the blatting, rumbling sound from my X-can and I would not change it, but it definately will not pull a wheelie. []
Old 08-19-2005, 08:13 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

The thing i never understood about these is that i can't see how they could make any power over the stock can. Unless i'm missing something aren't they totally hollow inside just like the stock can? If that's the case the only thing i can see that would improve hp is it's larger dual openings.
I'm not trying to put down anyone else's stuff but wouldnt drilling a larger opening on the stock can have the same results?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.