Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Rock Monster...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Automan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Monster...

This is just two test-drives when i adjusted the shocks etc, nothing but smooth easy cruising

And as always, the day after this "warmup" the truck went really crazy and i had so much fun that i totally forgot to use the video-camera Now for some cleanup and modification that i probably want to add or something [sm=thumbup.gif]

The first vid is my brother driving, the second is me... was some time now since either of us used this truck, but after these runs we had some real serious fun with it... and for some reason it didn't get broken at all [sm=confused.gif] btw, still using the standard diff [:'(]

Enjoy !

1: http://www.rcpics.net/img/59785

2: http://www.rcpics.net/img/59812

2nd video now edited: I didn't like the D.A.D song, the one i use now i way better, and one of my absolute favorite artists.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:30 AM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Rock Monster...

You need two-speed!
Old 06-26-2005, 10:32 AM
Mad Wax

You sould insert the song by Peter Griffin, S4 Ep5, he sings a "Rock Monster Song"

anyway what's with naff generic college rock music music in car vids? Downloaded 100+
Old 06-26-2005, 11:26 AM
fourwheeler

I suppose these vids are with the stock pipe? It sounds different than the vids I have been seeing. I don't have one yet so I am not sure.

Anyway, solid vids man and keep them coming!!
Old 06-26-2005, 02:03 PM
Automan

chowderhead72, i am thinking of getting a 2-speed, but I'm not sure. I'm using a 46gear for now, and i don't know if i should try the 44gear...

Mad Wax, naff generic collage rock music ?? hope that you are not referring to the Yello song, that other one D.A.D is good, but not a favorite of mine... just thought i'd use it.

fourwheeler, it's no stock pipe... why would you think so, is it cause the sound or performance ? I used a smaller end pipe before, now i use a 18mm diameter for the end pipe, that i put on the end of the tune-pipe that is in fact a monster samba pipe.

Thanks for checking them, and i know there are not much to look at, so sorry for the absent action, will try to get it next time guys.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:22 PM
fourwheeler

Like I said I don't own one yet. It just sounds different than the others I have heard. More like a 125 cc Moto-X bike. But that is not neccesarily a bad thing
Old 06-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Automan

fourwheeler: no that would not be a bad thing but the car needs fine-adjust, and... i would like a big as over 30cc engine, but this i have is good so far, just need a better diff, a viscodiff and making a better end-pipe etc... the change and modifications are never finalized, always changing to something else My camera seams to make the sound more high pitched then it actually is, and thats sad but i can live with it for now.

Just reacted on that you thought it sounded like a stock exhaust, and i can assure you it doesn't in real life, it sounds really good and I'm quite satisfied with the sound.

A tune pipe is a really good investment, i can recommend it fourwheeler, but then again... stock these cars do move really good to

The second video is now changed, the music is now better
Old 06-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Mad Wax

Upload one without music, I'll edit one with music for you.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:53 PM
Automan

I do like that serie Family Guy Peter Griffin... especially the little kid, he is cool [sm=thumbup.gif] but i cant find that song so i can hear it anyways, thanks for the advice on using a peter griffin song
Old 06-26-2005, 07:25 PM
kidd

it's hard to get the power to the ground on gravel. 4wd would help!
Old 06-27-2005, 05:21 AM
Automan

I totally agree with you on that kidd. But it is so fun with 2wd [sm=thumbup.gif] noticed after the day at the gravel pit, that those quite big rocks had taken some nasty bites on the tires, mainly the rear.... hungry critters and the rear diff was polished and got some tiny marks, but wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.... I'm amazed it still lives

Next day i got permission to drive on some of the lawns around my parents house, and after i drove a tank or so my dad came out... he have shown no interest in the rc's at all, no matter what it was, and complained when i drove last time on the lawn. Now he stood there watching when i drove around, i asked him if he wanted to try it out and he surprised me bigtime by accepting, and i told him to go easy on the throttle.... in the end he was no better then me on tearing up that lawn and demolish almost everything.. everything he said it was really fun and he really shined up, and I'm glad. Then later that day my mom wanted to try, and she was a very dangerous driver, and killed some bushes and no one felt safe
It really makes me happy to see that especially my dad have totally changed his thoughts about this car, my mom had driven it before so i know she liked it, but that my dad now likes it was a big surprise to me. Me happy
Old 06-27-2005, 06:07 AM
original.mb

aewsome vids man good to see you have converted your father into fg