Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Airfilter

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 07:18 PM
Seiki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airfilter

Whats the best air filter?
Old 07-11-2005, 01:04 AM
Hobby BoB

Default RE: Airfilter

http://www.rntuning.nl/nieuwe_pagina_2.htm this
Old 07-11-2005, 02:34 AM
Cyberfyn

Ian F.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:25 AM
dazzahughesuk

Did someone call me...

There is only ONE best airfilter for these cars and that is the RN Tuning Airfilter by Twin Air.

Explanation here: http://www.effectivetuning.co.uk/filtration.htm

These filter systems are used on trials bikes, which as you know get used in very very dusty and muddy conditions, so no dirt or debris will get into the carb/engine through the filter, only air. Stoping all this dirt from entering the engine through the filter you are probably think that the filter will make the car slow and very slugglish etc... ah not actually quite the opposite. It makes the car breath better, so better performance.

Darren
Old 07-11-2005, 07:56 AM
deeppaul
My Feedback: (8)

The filter itself is important, but what is more important is the care of the filter. The best filter can fail if not used and maintained the right way. With the off road filters the oil is also important. I didn’t think much about what type of oil to use until I needed some at the rack and a guy had a bottle of Team Associated oil. That stuff works awesome. It is like glue and is very sticky. Before that I used K&N filter oil. The filter shown by Cyberfyn has one issue (Firehammer). I guy I bash with has this set up. After a while the space where the air enters the cap builds up with dirt and chocks the engine while the rest of the filter is still clean. I am not sure if the one I am talking about has the holes on the end like the one pictured, it is a stock firehammer one. This is all just an opinion, as it would take some long tests to determine the BEST filter. Does any one else have a recommendation on oil to use.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70752.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	295991  
Old 07-11-2005, 08:08 AM
Mad Wax

Can you buy the stuff in 1 litre bottles? Eco size, instead of paying over the odds with little one-use bottles.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:22 AM
deeppaul

Not sure what sizes thet come in. I can tell you that you only need to use a little. That size will do 5-6 filters easy. I have found that even after I wash the filter it is still sticky.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:51 AM
jimbo1890

Just go to your local bike shop. I buy MOTUL filter oil by the litre it works great on a stock filter
Old 07-11-2005, 10:55 AM
Mad Wax

Just looked around at my local motorbike shop- 1 litre of foam filter oil is £8, and considering £2.50 for 25ml in model shop
Old 07-11-2005, 05:26 PM
hpiguy

The filter oil I use is "3 in 1 brand 1/4hp motor oil". Made to lube the bearings of large electric motors. It has a pretty thick consistency, I dump it on the filter and mush it in all over while in a plastic bag. I got a can of about 4 oz for $1.05. I was using it to lube my nitro airboat, truck, plane filters and it works great for them too.

It's really sticky ands stays in the filters foam well. It seems to grab ALL the dirt. I run the stock FG filter and the carb is always shiny clean after baseball field runs (super fine dust and sand). Haven't run in water or loose mud, but it keeps thick mud out too. Not sure if any filter will keep water out if you submerge the truck. But I'm sure a splash won't hurt it.

I wash the filter in Dawn dish detergent after EVERY tankful and let it dry completely, relube and install.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:59 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Seiki

Whats the best air filter?
Tower finally got the duratax firehammer filter back in stock...it's almost the exact same thing as the FG one just has a aluminum housing is all and double the filter elements. It's not the best but does stop all the dirt getting thru. The best one from what I see on here is the Twin Air one, just it's kinda pricey but you pay for quality and these guys in this forum are gaser guru's so their advice is really great.

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHTX0&P=Z]Duratrax Firehammer Airfilter[/link]

Old 07-12-2005, 10:17 PM
deeppaul

Any one know if the filter from tower comes with the outer metal cover or just the foam filter? No picture on their site.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:12 PM
hpiguy

The one for 16.99 has the metal cover.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:38 AM
gonsped69
My Feedback: (6)

Yikes......80 Euros for an air filter setup..... A wee bit dear ain't it?[&:]
Old 07-13-2005, 08:05 AM
Hobby BoB

ORIGINAL: gonsped69

Yikes......80 Euros for an air filter setup..... A wee bit dear ain't it?[&:]
not really course it's a very good filter and it saved your motor if you drive in sand
Old 07-13-2005, 08:37 AM
gonsped69
My Feedback: (6)

With your seemingly deep pockets maybe not Hobby Bob

However, one can't avoid to note that this is equivalent to ~U$105 which is only U$30 from a brand new Sikk 23cc engine