Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

1/8 Scale Gasoline Cars-Compagnucci

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

1/8 Scale Gasoline Cars-Compagnucci

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 08:12 PM
dynamite26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/8 Scale Gasoline Cars-Compagnucci

I ain't saying don't buy it but i hate when shops or even the manufactures miss lead people saying what speed it does or what it can do,but the uk stopped selling them as no one bought them but if i bought one i would really mod it to get the most from it,but i love my nitro to much as i have got good at tuning the engine on them and setting the cars up for speed and i got my 1/8 to really fly.But that car they say they are bring more and more upgrades out for it but one thing they need to work on is the engine and try and get some more bhp and revs from it then it will really fly.Over here they sold for £550 i think which is £200 more than i paid for my 1/8 rallygame.I hope you enjoy the car and get it to go faster than anyone else who has one.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:43 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: dynamite26

I ain't saying don't buy it but i hate when shops or even the manufactures miss lead people saying what speed it does or what it can do,
That's basically my point. I was really disappointed in the speed and even more so with the acceleration of my compagnucci. I'm just trying to give everyone more insight into what these cars really do and how they are really made. If somebody still wants to buy one, more power to them. Hopefully it will work better for them then it did me.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:57 PM
2pock
My Feedback: (4)

Cormierone I too have previously owned one of these cars ! Now from what I can remember( because its been at least 3-4yrs) the car did not impress me. I am not speaking on the subject to try and bash Compagnucci, but as drevil said, I highly doubt this car can do the claimed 60mph( 2spd or not)! I had mulitple problems with my car and no hobby shop wanted to even look at it. Maybe Compagnucci improved on the car drastically, perhaps more people have bought them state-side and maybe even more hobby shops have become distributors, but in my opinion( and its my personal opinion), I wouldnt take one for free ! ! !
Old 07-17-2005, 01:33 PM
dynamite26

They have not really changed much since they first came out the engine is still the same size and power but they have brought out a two speed now as well as a few other things,over here they wouldn't be worth buying as we can get a 1/8 car for less than they were sold for.But i still think they can get more from the engine if they tried abit harder i would buy the electric ones if i had the money for one but all my money is tied up with other hobbys.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:10 PM
robster94gt

Guys,

I was interested in getting one of these, but they sound like don't really perform or run that well. Like comierone, I just wanted something that would run reliably. and for long runs, without tuning. Do these engines at least run well, with a lot of stalling or tuning? I understand it might not be as powerful as a nitro, but if it runs well, I think I'd be satisfied. I just want something I can go to the track and run, without a lot of hassle. But if they don't run smoothly, then maybe I'll have to get a Taiwanese 1/8 rally car. Any thoughts?

Rob
Old 11-27-2005, 11:30 AM
mayhem272

very cool
not sure about these though
i saw the video and they dont look too fast like yall said
prolly still go with a leopard race