Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

hellllpppp. i need MB part #

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 12:33 AM
skulldoctor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hellllpppp. i need MB part #

anybody know the part# for {fg monster beetle} the center ring inside the pull start assembly for the zenoah 260?? it's a plastic ring that has grooves that turns the flywheel when u crank it over. thnx lefty
Old 01-20-2005, 03:09 AM
Lee G

Default RE: hellllpppp. i need MB part #

at a guess 7323/14 I cant be certain though
The 3rd one of these I know to have gone recently. A friend has had 2 go on the same type of engine. One within a couple of hours of fiting.

Lee
Old 01-20-2005, 10:04 AM
rawpwr
My Feedback: (1)

hey mike go here http://www.bhhanson.com./hbwhatsnew.htm
Old 01-20-2005, 01:51 PM
rubaga

Lee G you are absolutely right about the number. Just replaced this part yesterday and had to check this number. It is 7323/14
Old 01-20-2005, 03:18 PM
skulldoctor

ORIGINAL: rawpwr

hey mike go here http://www.bhhanson.com./hbwhatsnew.htm
thanx for the part# guys,but im gonna go w/rawpwr's link.
"it's aluminum" thnx lefty
Old 01-24-2005, 09:57 AM
jackle

Yes, you will be happy you went aluminum there. Those plastic rings break constantly.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:44 PM
avery4jc
My Feedback: (10)

I need to bring this thread to life because I just broke my center ring and ordered the BH Hanson replacement ring. It's here and when I installed it I can't figure out for the life of me where the aluminum wing looking plate that is underneath the washer around the head of the screw sits. Every time I pull the cord (while holding it in my hand...testing before I put it back on the MB) the new BH Hanson Aluminum starter ring pops up out of place then the string won't suck back inside until I loosen the screw and the little aluminum wing plate lifts up.
How in the heck does this go back together, it's soooo simple but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Thanks guys.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:33 PM
reckless driver

just got the metal one from BH Hansen. They shipped it out ASAP and was very happy with their customer service. I would buy from them definitely again.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:07 PM
avery4jc

I figured out the pullstart problem...I didn't even realize that when you pull the cord that it's supposed to pop out to engage the flywheel then pop back in when it recoils...who knew??
Old 07-25-2005, 10:04 PM
Jared1106

Why do these people (Zenoah, Sikke, CY) make these engines with PLASTIC parts in the first place? Total CRAP... Especially a piece that is under so much use/strain...
Old 07-27-2005, 01:35 AM
avery4jc

If we knew the answers to questions like that there wouldn't be a need for rcuniverse
Old 07-27-2005, 07:34 AM
deeppaul
My Feedback: (8)

I got one of the metal rings also. After installing it, it worked fine for a while. After running it in some dirt it got bound up. After running the car a couple of times I removed the starter housing to clean it. The metal ring was hitting the flywheel. Now the flywheel and metal ring are worn pretty bad. I cleaned all of the grease and dirt off of it and now run graphite on it. Seems to help alot. With the plastic you would not have that prob. What I don't know is why they can't make one that lasts like any old weedeater. The plastic one one my MT went after two tanks. I have weedeaters that have been used for ever and have never had a starter ring fail. A guy I drive with has a firehammer. The ring is made of a different plastic. His has never broken. It has even been used on two fg to bring them to life for a while. This other guy broke two FG rings and ordered a new Firehammer starter and has not had a prob yet. So the solution my be a firehammer starter. My two cents.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:24 AM
sasquatch1976

avery4jc: Yes. Totally compliced mechanics..... I will spare you the stomach cramps from laughing at my own "problems" with the choke... A unit that has approx. 345979 settings... erhm....

Well regarding the ring in the pullstarter: I have never broke this (having 2 FG's) but I guess they are only surviving because I pull gently untill I see the ring pop out and catch the flywheel. Then I yank hard on the startercord. If you just let all the string inside and pull hard, there is a lot of stress on the little (but agreed pittifull) ring.

There's plenty of string left for a decent start, and it works every time.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:32 AM
strong_material
My Feedback: (1)

i've never broken any pull-start ratchet in my years of large scale experience. maybe i'm just lucky but if anybody needs the plastic ratchets, i have them in stock and ready for shipping.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:53 PM
avery4jc

ORIGINAL: sasquatch1976

avery4jc: Yes. Totally compliced mechanics..... I will spare you the stomach cramps from laughing at my own "problems" with the choke... A unit that has approx. 345979 settings... erhm....

Well regarding the ring in the pullstarter: I have never broke this (having 2 FG's) but I guess they are only surviving because I pull gently untill I see the ring pop out and catch the flywheel. Then I yank hard on the startercord. If you just let all the string inside and pull hard, there is a lot of stress on the little (but agreed pittifull) ring.

There's plenty of string left for a decent start, and it works every time.
Thats a good idea, except that I was going to epoxy some foam around the openings to keep the sand out while we're at the beach all of next week...I could probably just go easy on it and pull untill I feel it engage. Thanks