Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

attachments

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 10:13 AM
turnell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default attachments

this may sound stupid but iv just got a new computer and dont know how the bloody thing works, its one of the apple computers that insist on working entirely different to all the other computers. how can i add an attachment to my posts? any help would be apprieciated.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:21 PM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: attachments

I use www.tinypic.com to add all my attachments. It gives you 4 choices once you've selected the file you want. There's no pop-up crap too to deal with also.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:38 PM
turnell

i cant find anything on that site it leads to some odd chat room, is there not an easier way to add attachments to my posts.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:59 PM
dynamite26

Try www.photobucket.com i use them and you get a free account to host your photo on and then you use the url for each pic and paste it into your post on here.Or you can upload straight from your hard-drive by clicking on the link that says Upload more files at the bottom of the page when posting your post.
Old 07-31-2005, 05:54 PM
turnell

cool i see how you mean, its saying that i cant find a server but it might be that the networks busy, thanks for your help, SELWA/DYNAMITE26.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:22 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: turnell

this may sound stupid but iv just got a new computer and dont know how the bloody thing works, its one of the apple computers that insist on working entirely different to all the other computers. how can i add an attachment to my posts? any help would be apprieciated.
So the Apple doesn't work like the PC?? I don't know, but here are the Windows PC Instructions.

If it is a photo, you can always upload it to your RCU gallery.
A simply way to get there is to click the "Gallery" icon under your post then "Add photo".
Your R/C Dossier will also have a "Modify My Gallery" link which takes you to the Gallery where you can click "My Gallery".

Once the questions are answered and photo is loaded, you can open the photo by clicking on it.
Left click the mouse to open the photo "Properties" window, click the mouse over "Address", left click to "select all", then left click over the address and "copy".
Then click "image" at the top of the message window so the image tags appear (without the added spacing).
[i m a g e] [/i m a g e]
Then insert the address between the image tags and post the message.

Almost forgot, if you click the "quote" icon as I did (or the Post Reply button in the bottom left hand corner), there will be a "Click here to upload!" option. Then browse to the photo that you want to upload.

Edit2: It's late when I end up typing between something instead of after it. Anyway, good luck with the attachments.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96152.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	304144  
Old 08-01-2005, 12:31 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie
So the Apple doesn't work like the PC??

Nope....Apple's idea of Multitasking is reading while sitting on the toilet

But back to the topic at hand...attaching a pic on a apple should work same as we do on a pc...so Tigger's directions are right on the money...follow those you'll be set
Old 08-01-2005, 12:40 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well at least I like my iPod Shuffle. The ear phones fit my R/C Transmitter so if I don't want to listen to the iPS, I can plug them into the Nomadio Sensor. I did use an old Mac before but it never had internet access. I did hop on an Apple a while back, but I never tried to upload or download any files. I guess the next time I visit the Apple store I'll have to take time to play with their laptop computers for a while instead of just looking for iPS items--the nice thing is that it is next to a California Pizza Kitchen and sometimes there are runway model shows going on. Vegas malls--a little different.