Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

metal gear tranny

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 05:13 PM
pawraith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default metal gear tranny

i got the bug in me to build a large scale truck. i got a 28cc weedeater engine with clutch and starter, and i have no idea what kind of tranny to mate it to. i'm guessing it should have metal gears cause of the torque it will produce, but i don't even know what to look for or where to find it. can anyone help? thanks in advance.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Mad Wax

Default RE: metal gear tranny

Technokit differential ?
http://www.rc-car-online.de/shopen/m...chnodifftn.jpg

230 Euros.

"self-adjusting limited slip differential from the Italian manufacturer Technokit. Smooth operation for a well balanced handling.
Excellent craftmanship.
Modified to fit all FG-cars (exc. Marder/Beetle). Diff axles have spline drive.
Low maintenance, no need for adjustement or readjustement.

Please note: in case you're replacing a plastic differential, you need to order a pair of ball bearings FG #8493. All alloy diffs use bearing with the large 15mm inner diameter."
Old 08-12-2005, 05:26 PM
ROSEBUD1
Banned

I have seen large scale cars use 25 pitch chain. Gears would be real hard because you would have to make a gear box to support the gears in.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:02 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

It all really depends on what you are looking to build. If you are looking to build a truck that is like a full size monster truck then you'll need to build a set of solid axles for the front and rear. You will also need some type of center gear box and drive shafts. There's a thread going on right now about these types of axles. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3233709/tm.htm

On the other hand, if you are looking to build a stadium style truck (sort of like the FG monster truck) then you can just run the power through gears (or chain) to a differential. Your best bet would be to look through the FG exploded parts diagrams of the Marder and MT to see how they have it set up. You could even use parts from those to build what you'd like. You can find the parts diagrams of these cars here: http://www.molzermoweryracing.com/download_page.html
Old 08-15-2005, 10:46 AM
pawraith

that was pretty helpful, thanks again guys.