Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

alloy gear cover / protector

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 11:33 AM
radio_controlled_mad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alloy gear cover / protector

im wanting a alloy gear cover to replace the plastic lexan covers on my fg as they split around the mounting holes to easy.seen them offer in germany but the company is no longer producing them ive tried all uk stockists like rossendales ect but cant find 1 any were.any any 1 know were i can get 1.

Attached Images  
Old 08-19-2005, 11:57 AM
hellya

Default RE: alloy gear cover / protector

Ive not seen the alloy but I have seen the aluminum
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97757.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	312331   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97511.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	312332  
Old 08-19-2005, 12:08 PM
radio_controlled_mad

ive seen the one with the green background on offer from a seller on ebay - he was wanting 50 euro+ delivery for them - the one in my pic which is much better quality as well as looking is the same price - but he is no longer making them - were is the one fitted to the monster truck from.thx
ORIGINAL: hellya

Ive not seen the alloy but I have seen the aluminum
Old 08-19-2005, 12:34 PM
hellya

the cover that is mounted on the MT is the same cover in the picture... just on the truck www.fg-hopups.com
Old 08-19-2005, 12:37 PM
hpiguy

Hellya sells the aluminum, that's why he posted.

Buy the Duratrax gear covers. $2.69 and they will ship to the UK from what they told me. www.towerhobbies.com Type in "firehammer gear" and look for the cover.

I have them for my FGs and they do not crack. Possibly lexan but I think it's some other kind of plastic because it doesn't stress crack like lexan does. Durable and VERY cheap compared to ANYTHING else.

You can buy a LOT of the Duratrax plastic covers for the price of one metal cover. And when the metal bends.............. you have to try to bend it back (will still probably rub the gears) or buy a new one. Plus with the clear plastic you can keep and eye on things without having to pull it off all the time.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:49 PM
hellya

Plastic is ok but if your looking for protection with that Bling Bling to it, I like the Alloy cover Wakey posted
I dont know anyone else that sells aluminum covers................do you? Options, people like choices
Old 08-19-2005, 01:02 PM
hpiguy

I didn't say anyting bad about it. Just pointed out that you posted because you sell them. For people that don't know, you love to promote your stuff on this site for free. People need to know that when you give an opinion on an item or offer where they can buy it that the money goes in your pocket. Therefore they can take your posts on what things to buy and your opinions on items with a grain of salt.

I gave options, you gave options. My options and opinions don't involve me making more money, that's all. Your posts mostly relate to items you sell, and therefore people need to be enlightened by that when they consider advice.

And the only items you recommend and the site you give links to are YOUR COMPANY and the products you sell.

Old 08-19-2005, 01:47 PM
radio_controlled_mad

thanks for the info - very helpfull
Old 08-19-2005, 02:11 PM
hellya

hpiguy your that guy who likes to stir the pot, now i remember....... Slaming me in a prior post.... i see your mind set hasn't changed

Old 08-19-2005, 02:16 PM
hpiguy

Yeah me and about 50 other members talk about this on PM regularly.

Shameless promotion by an unscrupulous dealer. Someone who sells his stuff and only posts to promote his items with no concern for the webiste that gives him this space or the other members.

RCuniverse is watching and formulating things as we speak to keep dealers that do not contribute ONE CENT to RCU yet use it to advertise for free.

Your day is coming......................................
Old 08-19-2005, 02:21 PM
hellya

Peace brother, So If i made up 10 different names and refered to my product through those names as some of dealers do here you would be nun the wiser.

I show a product just as anyone would show a product on their vehicle.... if I am asked where I got it... I tell them.
I also suggest other websites for different parts too.

Why do you care so much about my doings???

Old 08-19-2005, 02:24 PM
hpiguy

BTW if you weren't doing anything wrong you wouldn't get so uptight about it.

Step up and drop a few coins into the RCU "well" and I'll stop calling you out when you pull this garbage.

If I had stuff to sell I'd contribute monetarily too, but since I don't post on here a few times a day about my company I don't feel the need to.

You do more damage to your company than good by pulling this underhanded stuff.

Happy R/Cing.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:28 PM
hpiguy

Peace brother, So If i made 10 different names and refered to my product through those names as alot of dealers do here you would be nun the wiser How would you know if I pay or not?

If you paid it would say CONTRIBUTOR under your name and your website would be in a signature.

And how do you know if dealers have ten different names. You are making that up to justify your shoddy business ethics.

I care because it's people like you that cause places like RCU to fall apart. People get sick of coming to a website and seeing a guy like you using this place as his personal classified ad space. They start going elsewhere when all they get instead of ACTUAL HELP, is an ad from a guy selling stuff. I've seen it happen to too many other sites when guys just like you start to breed like cockroaches.

Old 08-19-2005, 02:34 PM
hellya

I show a product just as anyone would show a product on their vehicle.... if I am asked where I got it... I tell them.
I also suggest other websites for different parts too..... there is nothing wrong with that....... Variety is the spice of life.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:41 PM
hpiguy

the cover that is mounted on the MT is the same cover in the picture... just on the truck www.fg-hopups.com
Don't just offer your website huh? Riigggghhttt.

That's OK, you promote shamelessly, and I'll call you out on it EVERY time.

OR as long as when you post pics off your companies website and recomend your products you add the disclaimer "I own the company that sells these products", then I'll leave you alone.

Old 08-19-2005, 02:43 PM
hpiguy

I also suggest other websites for different parts too.....
When has that happened? When it is a product YOU DON'T sell yet.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:46 PM
hellya

Get a life man. Jump all you want..... means not to me. You always trying to push tower hobbies stuff in your posts are you a dealer for them and just not telling people ?????? Atleast I dont hide. or try to promote using different forum names
Old 08-19-2005, 02:54 PM
hellya

And how do you know if dealers have ten different names. You are making that up to justify your shoddy business ethics.

If you would have been here just about 2-3 months ago, 1 person was flat busted here for that..... if 1 does it thinks about the others we dont know about.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:07 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

If you would have been here just about 2-3 months ago, 1 person was flat busted here for that..... if 1 does it thinks about the others we dont know about.

Ram-tech wheels and he got run out of town!!!! Now why are you so special?
Fgperformancerc: paid
RcNutts: Paid
FGHopups: Not so much

Pay up or advise only on tecnique and methods not products or state clearly in the first sentence of you first post you are affiliated with FGHopups. To me it really is not a money issue it is a ethics/honor issue.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:25 PM
hellya

Ram-tech wheels and he got run out of town!!!! Now why are you so special?
Fgperformancerc: paid
RcNutts: Paid
FGHopups: Not so much

Pay up or advise only on tecnique and methods not products or state clearly in the first sentence of you first post you are affiliated with FGHopups. To me it really is not a money issue it is a ethics/honor issue.
Ran out of town???? hes still here on this website for time to time.... he just sells his stuff to a dealer who is represented here

Who are you again the Forum police ???? You ned to live in my pockets before you can tell me how to spend my money.. websites only cost $15 a month to own and operate. I dont even generate enough sales profit to cover a car payment ..... I must idenitfy myself in the first sentence.....OK ...LOOK UNDER MY NAME
Old 08-19-2005, 04:40 PM
hpiguy

Get a life man. Jump all you want..... means not to me. You always trying to push tower hobbies stuff in your posts are you a dealer for them and just not telling people ?????? Atleast I dont hide. or try to promote using different forum names
I promote Tower Hobbies? I tell people to buy stuff from them because THEY CONTRIBUTE A FEW THOUSAND DOLLARS TO RCU EVERY YEAR BY BUYING BANNER ADS, DONATING VEHICLES FOR REVIEW, ETC, ETC,ETC. Heck they have their own product search engine in al the header pages. Ya gotta pay big for that. They pay-up so why not recommend people go to them.

I also recommend RCNUTS, and Orient Hobbies because they pay. If you payed I would have talked about your stuff in the threads too.

BTW putting that info in your sig is EXCELLENT. Perfect thing to have and exactly what people need to see when you post. I think that was what many were asking for. Now the only step is to drop some cash to RCU for all the advertising and all will be well.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:44 PM
hpiguy

I've been on RCU for YEARS longer than you have. You've been a member for only 6 months and have abused the posting rules more than anyone else as far as advertising.

BUT like I said, I like what you put under your username. That makes a HUGE difference. Honestly. Much more forthright and honest from the start.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:48 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

hellya
OWNER FG-HOPUPS.COM AFTERMARKET GERMAN FG PARTS

Perfect!
Old 08-19-2005, 04:54 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

That is a great start, but the reality is that if all the other parts manufacturers and shop owners who post their parts here pay then IMHO everyone should. Unfortunately this thread has become a trash heap...LOL

As for what this thread is about....I believe http://www.centrehobbies.co.uk used to sell something like that but since their site isnt up i can say for sure. I'm not sure if they are out of business or if the site is just down.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:50 PM
jeepfreak1972

I have never ruined a gear from not running a cover. I quit using one a year ago because of the splitting out at the holes deal. Since I put the alloy arms on the back to stop the upper link from hitting the gear in a bad tumble, my gears last and last.