Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Types of Large Scale cars/trucks?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Types of Large Scale cars/trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 11:07 AM
Mike SVOR
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Types of Large Scale cars/trucks?

Hey all, I'm new to large scale cars/trucks.
I was searching through the archives and can't seem to put together all the brands of cars/trucks out there.

I saw the firehammer and Mamba.
I really like the Mamba so far...

Could some of you help put together a list of cars/trucks out there so I can research them?
Also, if you could list the quality of them along with a link, that would help me out a ton.

hope to see some good ones!

Thanks a bunch,
Mike
Old 08-23-2005, 03:54 PM
original.mb

Default RE: Types of Large Scale cars/trucks?

not sure there is that many tyre makers for the mt's but there are several for the marder buggy check www.kingcobra.co.uk for a few marder tyre's. also there are sld road slicks available for the fg mt and mb check www.rcnutshobbies.com or www.fgperformancerc.com they should have them there

hope this helps a bit
Old 08-23-2005, 04:27 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Veron

not sure there is that many tyre makers for the mt's but there are several for the marder buggy check www.kingcobra.co.uk for a few marder tyre's. also there are sld road slicks available for the fg mt and mb check www.rcnutshobbies.com or www.fgperformancerc.com they should have them there

hope this helps a bit

???? this thread isn't about tires. ???? I am confused [sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 08-23-2005, 05:01 PM
Pigsmightfly

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Acs_guitars

ORIGINAL: Veron

hope this helps a bit

???? this thread isn't about tires. ???? I am confused [sm=bananahead.gif]
LMAO

One too many tonight Veron?
Old 08-23-2005, 05:02 PM
Pigsmightfly

Mike, look up Lauterbacher, Hormann and Harm.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:04 PM
Mike SVOR

So far, I've found:

Firehammer - not too sure I want a beginner level 1/6 scale

FG Marder - looks like a nice one. I'm currently searching for the amount of upgrades available for them and how weak they are in stock form.

T3 Mamba - i'm really stuck on this one. I can't stop looking at it. Although, one thing about it does seem weird. It seems that the front end isn't adjustable for different heights. To me, the nose looks too low in stock form. Any way to raise them up? Also, what upgrades are available for them? 2 speed trans? i hope...i hope.... Can I put monster truck tires and rims on this car???

FG monster beetle - I've looked at this one for a while too, but it seems too weak for bashing. Isn't it like an entry level r/c?

That's about all I can think of right now.

What do you think about this list?
Old 08-23-2005, 06:32 PM
BILKO1

ORIGINAL: Mike SVOR

Hey all, I'm new to large scale cars/trucks.
I was searching through the archives and can't seem to put together all the brands of cars/trucks out there.

I saw the firehammer and Mamba.
I really like the Mamba so far...

Could some of you help put together a list of cars/trucks out there so I can research them?
Also, if you could list the quality of them along with a link, that would help me out a ton.

hope to see some good ones!

Thanks a bunch,
Mike
Shame your in the USA or you could have my Mamba with all the latest factory mods for a small fee.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:32 AM
Pigsmightfly

Hormann - http://www.hoermann-modelltechnik.de/ht1/index.html

Lauterbacher - http://www.lauterbacher.com/html/e_frameset1.html

Harm - http://www.harm-racing.de/index.asp?Lang=EN
Old 08-24-2005, 08:03 PM
p113

no offence but how can you call a FG beetle a entry level RC

anyway i went for FG because the parts a redily available and there strong performers even in stock form plus there are loads of upgrde for them
Old 08-24-2005, 08:33 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: p113

anyway i went for FG because the parts a redily available and there strong performers even in stock form plus there are loads of upgrde for them
Because they have none of the upgrades like the marder race, leopard,competition line, evo etc.

If I could buy parts locally or even nationally I would have a Lauterbacher or that mamba buggy, but in the USA 1/5 and 1/6 scale has not gained the popularity needed to draw the smaller companies to promote their products here.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:16 AM
james2001

Dunno about the offroad, but my J&A onroad car has had the following upgrades, and I assume you can get these for the offroad too. Send james an e-mail and I'm sure he'd clue you in.

Alloy 12 Spoke Rims w. ecclipse tires.
High flow air filter
adjustable servo-saver
Front Swaybar
Softer front springs
26cc Piston kit.

Non adjustable height? do you mean ride height? On the onroad, there are two screws in the lower wishbones that you can use to set the ride height, and it looks like they're in the Mamba too. Or did you mean the height of the whole front end?
Old 08-25-2005, 08:29 AM
Mike SVOR

ORIGINAL: james2001

Non adjustable height? do you mean ride height? On the onroad, there are two screws in the lower wishbones that you can use to set the ride height, and it looks like they're in the Mamba too. Or did you mean the height of the whole front end?
I meant ride height of the front end. How is it adjustable?
Old 08-25-2005, 08:33 AM
Mike SVOR

ORIGINAL: chowderhead72

ORIGINAL: p113

Because they have none of the upgrades like the marder race, leopard,competition line, evo etc.
Exactly. Minimal adjustability.
I am just looking for a more professional buggy to start out with. Something that doesn't need upgrades for many years and will put up with major abuse.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:00 AM
james2001

Like a'this.

It's the same on the onroad car. Difference being that FG uses the top wishbone to adjust, but J&A uses the lower. Don't see any reason why it should be a problem, but it scratches the chassis. []

Many people put locknuts on the top to prevent them undoing during racing.

this what you meant?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96171.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	314829  
Old 08-25-2005, 09:12 AM
Mike SVOR

ORIGINAL: james2001

Like a'this.

It's the same on the onroad car. Difference being that FG uses the top wishbone to adjust, but J&A uses the lower. Don't see any reason why it should be a problem, but it scratches the chassis. []

Many people put locknuts on the top to prevent them undoing during racing.

this what you meant?

lol at myself! I saw that a few days ago and understood how it worked. My Ofna has that function too. I had a brain fart...

What my consern is: If I unscrew those suspension stops, will the shocks extend all the way until the A arm hits the frame?

I keep looking at those Mamba pics and it looks like the front end is way too low.
Also, it looks like the front end of the frame sticks out way more than other buggys. Is this true?

Old 08-25-2005, 09:44 AM
james2001

Hi Mike.

Wouldn't know about the frmae sticking out. It doesn't look excessive to me, but then I'm not much up on buggies. I've seen pics with the front bumper on, and it looks pretty much like the lauterbacher in relation to the front wheels. [sm=confused.gif]

The shocks on the Pro extend quite a ways. In fact, a little too much. I could do with some shorter shafts! again, I don't know about the Mamba first hand, but it would look like the shocks are already suitably compressed to extend all the way to the stop if the screws were removed. Maybe BILKO1 can expand on this. Alternatively, a quick e-mail will cure your concerns. I've sent James an e-mail. I'll let you know when I hear back.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:57 AM
james2001

Response...

>>

>>
>>
Hi James,

I trust the car is running well?

Thanks for your inquiry. The Mamba's front suspension setup does allow a total extension of the lower wishbones to the chassis. At this point, the front shocks are still under some compression, but the car will sag slightly under its weight when stationary in this setting. Increasing the precompression or oil weight can help here.

With regards to your other query, I'm unaware of any major difference in the height of the front end from the ground. We aimed to give the perfect balance between stability and clearance, and this has proven to be successful on the track. We haven't had any reports of problems relating to this. In the photo's on the site, we had raised the back end and lowered the front to give a more aggressive pose to the car. Could this be throwing you?

Secondly. The distance between the front axle and the front of the chassis is 65mm from the centre of the axle at neutral steering. As far as we are aware, this is near the commonly adopted standard and again, hasn't proved to be a detriment on the track. In comparisons with other makes, our front end assembly may appear slightly deeper due to the adjustability on the wishbones, and the thickness of the bulkheads.

I hope this helps to clear things up somewhat. As always, please feel free to contact me if you need anything further.

Many Thanks

James Flanagan (MD)
J&A Racing Intl.
Tel: +44 (0)1202 873 304
Fax: +44 (0)1202 873 314
[email protected]
[email protected]
Old 08-25-2005, 11:02 AM
Mike SVOR

Wow, that's a fast response! Thanks!!

Does anyone have video of a Mamba running? I'd love to see them.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:21 AM
madgti

What is the difference between the duratraxx firehammer vs the FG Marders ? I am thinking of another big toy that will hopefully handle more abuse then the FG MT.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:07 PM
hellya

About $200 & the firhammer comes RTR the with a built in fail safe..... Most Fgs. you have to buy the radio system after you purchase your vehicle of choice .

Firehammers come with the 23cc engine, FGs comes with a 26.4cc ........ 95% of the firehammers parts are interchangeable with FG parts and vise-versa they also interchange with Carson, smarttech, harm. ect.

The problems or upgrades you have with the FGs is the same youll have with the firehammer.... Steel Pinion, alloy upper rear upper arms, tunepipe ect.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:29 PM
madgti

not to mention duratraxx comes with the alloy adjustable shocks. I thought the new duratraxx came with a 26cc. I am thinking of one for bashing bashing since it is much cheaper.

I wondering if i can convert that to a marderbody since i am not a fan of the buggy body.