Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

how fast can we go?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 09:20 PM
madgti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how fast can we go?

Just wondering what the top speed on these large scales can go. I clocked my FG MT at 62 km/hr and i didn't go full out on the throttle since space was an issue and my brakes sucks but i am just curious what they can go since i keep hearing FG is faster then nitro. I actually seen a nitro buggy hit 82 -87 km/hr on the speed board the locals bring to our bashing grounds.

I haven't tuned my carbs since i got my tune pipe and spark plugs and 16 tooth pinon and 48 spur gear. I'm also wondering how much room i have for improvements.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:34 PM
jimbo1890

Default RE: how fast can we go?

Probably around 200km/h but the landing would be a little harsh.[8D]
Old 08-25-2005, 01:26 AM
Fin-Chef

I have driven to radar with my MB 80 km/h in our RC event. The place was quite small and a lot of spectators around us. It was also quite hard to keep the MB in radar. I had 18 pinion and 46 spur gear. It may have gone a bit faster if the place would have been better.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:23 AM
Pigsmightfly

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jimbo1890

LOL
Old 08-25-2005, 05:02 AM
StefanL

HAHA jimbo good one!

I haven´t clocked my own Marder yet, but it would be fun to try. I don´t have a radar so I´d measure the time over a given distance instead and then calculate the speed.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:59 AM
madgti

Fin-Chef,

What mods have you done to your FG? I am going to see if i can find a larger parking lot do a better speed run. At the end of our speed runs we have a big curb so i pretty much have to let off the throttle early.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:01 AM
madgti

ORIGINAL: jimbo1890

If anyone is willing to hit a big jump at WOT please take a picture or have it on video
Old 08-25-2005, 10:47 AM
JQuest64

If anyone is willing to hit a big jump at WOT please take a picture or have it on video
While I am quite the thrill seeker when it comes to RC, it is not recommended to take one of these giants WOT off any large jump, unless you have much disposable income.

That is not to say these beast are not tough, but they are definitely closer to realism when it comes to jumps and the damage that will occur from them.

I will however be taking some vids with my son and I bashing a bit, and I will likely push the envelope a tad with the FG. I will post them when we capture them.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:00 AM
madgti

I was kidding on that part but others have suggested i should go all out on jumps so i can break it on photo. I wouldn't mind doing a jump WOT if there was a nice sand pit after the jump. I am also tempted to buy a firehammer just to launch it off larger ramps then what i have done with my MT.

Please post your vidoe.

Seriously though what is the topspeed on these FG Offroads?
Old 08-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Fin-Chef

ORIGINAL: madgti

Fin-Chef,

What mods have you done to your FG? I am going to see if i can find a larger parking lot do a better speed run. At the end of our speed runs we have a big curb so i pretty much have to let off the throttle early.
I had Malossi and tuned pipe installed to the car then. Now I have only Malossi because I have destroyed two different tuned pipes and it is becoming a bit too expensive. Just stock pipe now.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:41 PM
sasquatch1976

You should have some way to go yet.

I have "recently" made a post regarding my MT-5 vs. REVO speed test using my speed gun....

I can easily hit at least 75-80 km/t (45-50 mph)

I have stock pipe and 17/46 garing (17 T pinion has diameter of the 18T- The Hobbythek special made)

Speed clocked at smaller local airfield.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:00 PM
madgti

I forgot to mention i have 16/48 gearing on mine. The parking we were in was pretty small.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:01 PM
cossie

my 1/10TH xtr3e can easily do over 60 standard
Old 08-25-2005, 02:11 PM
madgti

I believe you. I guess it was probably unfair for me to state my speed as i was not able to reach top speed. I guess i will have to wait next week and see where we can put the speed board otherwise i will just strap down my GPS or buy a venom. I still haven't played with my needles since day one so i guess they could use a little tweaking.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:32 PM
p113

yes its not uncommon for nitros to do 60-70mph but there engines top out at 40,000 and the ones that do that kind of speed according the manufacture have 2 or 3 gears the that the FGs can do about 50-60mph with 1! gear is amazing can your real can do that in 1st gear i have a marder with samba stock gearing and MT tires i left the gears as there were because i have the samba pipe and have no bottoming out probs atall in fact it runs better

i have nothing against nitro by the way i have 2
Old 08-25-2005, 10:46 PM
madgti

I have nothing again nitro but i remeber when i first got into the large scale people posted fg is way faster. Torque yes top speed i don't know. The speeds i mentioned were in km/hr not mph. I think the typical nitro monster truck hits about 50 or so km/hr while mind shot right up to 60 without a big run but i am too chicken to go all out since my stock brakes suck and there isn't very much room to do a proper speed run while a concrete curb is not far from the radar board. The speed runs were all done on pavement.I am not trying to bash nitro i just wanted to know the full potential of my FG MT.

Thanks

Old 08-25-2005, 10:51 PM
p113

yeh howevery you look at it the FGs are better the nitros were starter cars as i have bee interested in nitro/petrol RCs since i was 6 now 14 and they seam to get more fun.
ive always wanted to run my car through a speed camera with a numberplate id love to get a speeding ticket for a RC and of course you get the speed on the ticket
Old 08-26-2005, 09:05 AM
madgti

your only 14? Wow it must be nice to own a gasoline rc of any kind at that age.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:50 AM
Automan

Would be nice to see how the cops reacted on a speeding RC car As i do know how they react on full scale cars [X(] but that was way back then Wonder if i can implement a warning system in the RC to... and get feedback trough the new Nomad radio-system I want that radio, i like to try out the feedback function to say the least, and those other functions... i think i need to get one of those soon

Anyways, i have tried a few times to put the hammer down on my Fg bigfoot, the speed is impressive and you better stay clear of it's path It really needs a very large place to try out the top speed of it, and i wouldn't like to see what happens when by accident you roll over in that speed... on tarmac.... wow, that would put some scratches on the body to say the least []
I can tell you that it is both fun/impressive and a little scary to see that beast running at full speed.
I do not let my mother or father try it so much nowadays, as they have started driving as crazy as me, and tried to kill me several times with that truck
Old 08-26-2005, 11:08 AM
p113

mad gti i had to sell a whole load of stuff to get it and unlike most other kids my age i dont spend mony on games for the PS2 there 40quid a game! were not rich or anything im just interested in them and love to mess which mechcanical things and engines
Old 08-26-2005, 11:11 AM
madgti

good ps2 and game consoles are for nerds
Old 08-26-2005, 11:12 AM
p113

yeh the graphics are laughable i think i mean i play the odd PC game online 1s like battlefeild2 and it make sthe ps2 look like crap but then it is
Old 08-26-2005, 12:04 PM
Automan

I bought a ps2 a long time ago, but i never ever use it, i don't know why i got it... oh, yes it was for gt3 and now when gt4 came out i have been sitting with it a few nights with my brother, but that was a few months ago now.
The only thing i usually do when i have nothing better to do like bashing my truck or mixing with it, is playing network with my brother, H&D 2 and Swat 4, it's also nice and relaxing when i cant use my RC (due to weather or waiting for a new part or something). but the ps2 crap is only collecting dust.

Putting the money on something more real like a good RC is very fulfilling to me anyways, driving it and modify it etc, it's fun and i guess that it will evolve to helis, planes, boats as time goes by As i have both built large scale boats, yat's and a very nice sailingboat, first i made the blueprints and then i built it, that was a nice feeling that was what i did in my teenage days. Then after that i tried planes, then i got a nitro racing buggy and after that i just stopped for a while. Now i got back last christmas with my fg mt, and later other bigscale cars, but I'm really loving it again, and will probably start with other RC stuff to, but mainly big scale cars

p113, you're right about the ps2. And it sounds like you made a good choice there, and i hope you have a great time with the car and maintaining it.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:14 PM
p113

maintaining it is halfd the fun for me sometimes ill just take it all apart see how it works then put it back 2 gether again i too have a ps2 i got it a couple of years ago befor i went large scale and was still using nitro but the games are so dissapointing i usually rent from blockbuster because im usuasually board of them in a couple of days (this was ehn i used to use it a bit) but now it just sits in a corner i would sell it but i wouldnt any more than 30-40quid for it if im lucky.
in fact my brother got some old games out a couple of weeks ago the super nes i think its called and they were more fun not gud but they were better

modern games i think at the moment dont have good engough graphics to be very real and arnt simole enough to be addictive correct me if im wrong
Old 08-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Automan

No, you are totally right. Most of the games nowdays are crap, just some wonderful graphics (now I'm talking about PC-Games) and no story and nothing that makes you wanna come back and play again. The old games (some 10years back) had allot of good stories and was really well made and you wanted to come back again and again, but the graphic wasn't that great, and that left allot for the imagination... and that was also stimulating, i thought so anyways.

But nowdays, if I'm going to play anything i mainly go for H&D 2 or Swat 4 on PC, and if I'm totally bummed out i will try the ps2 gt4 for a short time, but it mainly collecting dust nowdays.

I feel just like you p113, that it's just as fun maintaining and modify the car as driving it, it wouldn't be fun just to drive it and nothing else. It's interesting to see how things works, and if i can do something to make it better etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.