Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

1/10 wheels

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 05:51 PM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/10 wheels

Where can I get the adapters for the T-maxx type of rims? and how $$
Anyone use them still, I saw a few pics a while back, how are they now? Any problems?
Old 08-27-2005, 06:37 PM
Automan

Default RE: 1/10 wheels

If you are planning on using them on a bigscale 1/6 gasoline RC like monster truck etc, i do think they will break, i don't think they can handle the torque or weight of that kind of car, but thats just my personal opinion

I remember someone talking about trying it, but i think many did advice not to try it. But if you are talking about aluminum-rims, then it's possible.. maybe.
But in the end it will be to small and look very strange on the car i think [] Btw, the tires to those rims is much softer, so that is a big no no to.... my advice, forget about it
Old 08-27-2005, 08:08 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

It's definately been done before. The problem isn't with the rims, but instead the problem is with the 1/10 scale tires not being a hard enough compound for these large scale cars. Somebody on here was complaining about the tires wearing out really quickly due to the torque/weight these cars have.

EDIT: I did a search for the thread i was refering to but i couldnt find it so maybe it was on some other forum []
Old 08-27-2005, 08:23 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

You can purchase the adapters [link=http://www.crazynutracing.com]here[/link]. They have either the standard 1/10th like tmaxx or the 23mm ones which are bit stronger...I've run them I never broke a wheel but the tires aren't very good they wear really fast. I ran road rages on my xtm and they lasted maybe 1 tank of fuel and had holes torn in them...they shredded pretty easily and I wasn't spinning them or anything. I've also tried Moabs on my xtm and tore those up pretty easy. The nitro tires are pretty soft...I was going to try a set of paddles for sand but haven't yet. They aren't expensive like $30/pair but really for 1 hour of use it wasn't worth it to me. The stock T-Maxx tires are a tougher compound and may not wear as fast however they do balloon up alot...a gaser may throw them right off the rims. Also consider this...the adapters cost $50 rims and tires around $100 so your close to what it would cost for a set of FG tires/wheels. I've purchased some stock FG Street tires/wheels for mine cause they don't shred right off.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:57 PM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

I guess if you look at the costs ill just order the stock tires again.
Thanks for the help just looking at options..