Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

brakes

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 06:27 AM
squiz1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brakes

ok got brake problems
when i first run my buggy the brakes work fine but after a minute or so i get brake fade
I looked at the operation and found that the servo plate has a lot of flex when i apply the brake
I looked for the proper setup but the only thing i could find is in the catalog showing the linkage setup different to mine
can anybody help

I have a mader monster

squiz1
Old 09-04-2005, 06:39 AM
Mad Wax

Default RE: brakes

Buy a stiffer RC plate- I agree the "Marder" plate has way too much flex, the touring car version is far better (it's thicker and has a total of three posts/screws along the front alone, compared to only one of the Marder/MT/MB.

A Aluminium or CF RC plate will do the job.

A new disc brake will settle in initially (my Leopard brake needed adjustments on the brake over the first couple of tanks) You probably want the brakes just biting at idle (put the RC car on a slight incline, you want to adjust brake torque just enough so at a certain position of carb (idle) the brake has about a slighly pinch to stop it rolling back. You could also set EPA-Brake to a certain point so servo rotation only moves so far (so RC plate doesn't flex, and servo doesn't strain)
Old 09-04-2005, 01:17 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

Look into the tuning rear brake, the one that comes standard on the Leopard and the Marder Race. If you are running non-bigfoot tires the tuning brake is sufficient for offroad if adjusted correctly. Tuning brake set-up should cost $75us or less.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:48 PM
squiz1

thanks
I might make a alloy rc plate and try agian
Its only the second tank through it so I might let it settle in a bit
thanks for your advice
if i have any more problems I will ask

thanks

squiz