Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Wait for HPI Baja - or Harm BX1 now?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Wait for HPI Baja - or Harm BX1 now?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Podrelease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wait for HPI Baja - or Harm BX1 now?

I've been trolling info for the 1/5 - 1/6 scale cars. Just like the idea of something different. Like everybody else I've been really impressed with the design of the future HPI buggy. Looking for more info on this I came across a Harm BX1 - I did'nt even know these were available (totally new to large scale). Deos anybody have any experience with these? It's either wait for HPI or go for one of these now. What would you do?
Old 09-07-2005, 02:58 PM
DERF-54
My Feedback: (48)

Default RE: Wait for HPI Baja - or Harm BX1 now?

I am also waiting to hear more onthe new HPI buggy. You can veiw more of it at
http://www.hpi-europe.com/kit-info.p...n&partNo=10601
From what I have seen it looks pretty sweet.
Derf
Old 09-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Cyberfyn

They are totally different cars. The Harm is an out and out racing buggy, designed for competition use. All alloy & VERY expensive. The HPI looks to be aimed at the bashing end of the market. I've had a Monster Beetle, Marder Race, Savage 21, Savage 25, Revo, Inferno 777 & have just got a Savage 4.6....... But I'll be trading it in for the Baja come Christmas time. I love the look of the Baja cars / Sand Rails. Anyone born in the 60s and 70s will remember the Tamiya Scorcher, which was my first RC vehicle and the HPI Baja looks like a bigger version.... Cool.

Ian F.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:26 PM
chowderhead72
My Feedback: (4)

Not sure why you would want a Harm as your first gasser. Very cool buggy of high quality but; I can only imagine one of the hardest to find parts for when you make the rookie errors that we all have made. The HPI would make a better novice buggy but it is not available until December. My recomendation would be to go to your favorite hobby store and see what brand of spare parts are the most redily available and but that brand. If that means Harm so be it. I would imagine it would be a choice between FG and Duratraxx.

What makes the Harm better than the Lauterbacher or the Mamba T3?
Old 09-07-2005, 06:03 PM
victionone

I have 2 Lauterbacher Super-Crosses, and the only downside is the support in the U.S.. No one in the U.S. stock parts, but then again, nothing ever breaks. Also, I get no help on setup tips for a specific track, and everything has to be learned on my own.

You are in the U.K. and there is a lot of support for both the HARM and Lauterbacher. Stan @ Rapid Racing stocks part for the LB so you should be in good hands.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:06 PM
Podrelease

I like the look of the Harm over the FG - I've also found one on the Bay which I may be avle to get for around £700. I think your right - what the point getting an expensive racer for park play and bashing. Looks like everybody is interested in the HPI Baja - that can only be a good thing. Time to sell the Hyper 7 and the LST
Old 09-07-2005, 06:20 PM
chowderhead72

Pod
I looked it up looks nice! I would contact the seller and see if you can work out a price. That is sniper bid material!
Old 09-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Podrelease

Chowder, I mailed him - he said £750 for buy now - but something close might do it. Says he's got a stack of interest. Got the funds available (got to love Barclaycard for these moments) Just whether it's gonna be over kill for bashing and park runs. Damn! Hate trying to decide. All I know is I've got to get out of Nitro - had enough.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:24 PM
chowderhead72

ORIGINAL: Podrelease

Chowder, I mailed him - he said £750 for buy now - but something close might do it. Says he's got a stack of interest. Got the funds available (got to love Barclaycard for these moments) Just whether it's gonna be over kill for bashing and park runs. Damn! Hate trying to decide. All I know is I've got to get out of Nitro - had enough.
If you want my opinion; go for it! I feel your pain on the nitro topic. Way to much money invested in Savages; no bling just keeping it together, I just sold the last nitro last weekend. Free at last!
Old 09-07-2005, 10:22 PM
hpiguy

Look at the size of those wheels and tires. They look awesome.

Would be nice if they were square drive, or hopefully someone would make adapters to fit the Firehammer, Marder, etc.

Old 09-08-2005, 12:02 AM
chevyman_de

ORIGINAL: hpiguy
... hopefully someone would make adapters to fit the Firehammer, Marder, etc.
That could be a problem. The HPI rims seem to have a larger diameter. Maybe the FG/Firehammer rims will not fit over the wishbones/uprights.[&o]
Old 09-08-2005, 05:43 AM
original.mb

hpi can you imagine all the neat stuff that hpi will produce as aftermarket parts for there new buggy? if the savage aftermarket stuff is anything to go by it should be good
Old 09-08-2005, 08:29 AM
freedom69

hi i brought old harm for £430 ready to run and loads of spare part (6 month ago)and i sold it for £600 and brought brand new harm bx-1 again for £600 from e-bay germany... upgrade oddifield 26cc heli engine(still running in), twin air filter and kpd mk3 hydraulic brake and getting samba pipe very soon. oh there is 2 harm in u.k e-bay so you better off bid it. i'm sure you will get it for less £750.. because not ready to run!!! i use to have a fg offroad it o.k but harm way better and strong!!!

i have try upload pic but got error. will try again later
Old 09-08-2005, 08:48 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

It would be nice to see the HPI in person to check it out. I wonder how strong it will be compared to the FG's. If it's lighter and has a 23cc might be faster!!! But if a FG hits it then it will fly.
Old 09-10-2005, 02:37 PM
freedom69

here pic of my harm
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl31002.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	322228   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx74201.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	322229   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64163.jpg
Views:	39