Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

How come I've never heard of this buggy?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

How come I've never heard of this buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 07:19 PM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How come I've never heard of this buggy?

Kamitiro X-Pro Revolution [8D]

http://www.rcuniverse.com/mvp/mvpPosts.cfm?videoCat=22

Does anyone own one of these? [sm=confused.gif]
Old 09-11-2005, 09:47 PM
teamchrome
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How come I've never heard of this buggy?

Some people should never own these, what is the point of the bucket?
It looks like the front wheels were pulling, mabey 4x4? Looks nice..
Old 09-11-2005, 09:50 PM
teamchrome

Lots of info when I Googled the name.
Its 4x4 chain drive front diff.
Websites look German?
Old 09-12-2005, 12:09 AM
chowderhead72

Translated: [link=http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kamitiro.com%2Fiv3%2F cms&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools]Home page[/link] [link=http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kamitiro.com%2Fiv3%2F cms&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools]X-Pro Revo[/link] [link=http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kamitiro.com%2Fiv3%2F cms&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools]Specs[/link]
Screw HPI now that is something to get excited about!
Old 09-12-2005, 12:40 AM
chevyman_de

The Kamitiro has a price of 2000 Euro, that's 2500 USD, and a weight of almost 14 kg. [&o]
I'm not sure whether it has been already released, but I'm in doubt that you will see significant numbers of this car in the future, even though it seems to be very well made. Price and weight are hefty and the manufacturers company is very small, so it will only be a car for a small number of enthusiasts.
Forget about a net of dealers in the U.S., it will be difficult enough to find dealers in Germany. The manufacturer is also selling directly to customers because of this.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:45 AM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

That price is also without an engine and pipe!! Just a roller!!! Ouch!! Look like the FG conversion will still be the way, when it does come out.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:28 AM
Doohan

What is the point of this video???...I laughed it's so bad.
Wow, how exciting....doing circles with a coke crate full of water attached to your car.
That's one of the worst videos ive seen....the guy can't drive for crap.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:09 AM
snooptalian
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: Doohan

What is the point of this video???...I laughed it's so bad.
Wow, how exciting....doing circles with a coke crate full of water attached to your car.
That's one of the worst videos ive seen....the guy can't drive for crap.
Took the words right out of my mouth. That is the all time stupidest video I've ever seen. Why would anyone waste their time doing that? Just drive the damn thing already. Nice buggy though. Just a stupid idea for a video...
Old 09-13-2005, 07:00 AM
MICROS

hey to everyone, we are a german company and all of that stuff we do is made in germany. we´re working on an english page so you will get all the information you need very soon. the thing that chevyman wrote is wrong we´re in conversation with german traders. until now you can order it directly from our company, we already delieverd to france, germany, great britain and there are some traders from the u.s. who contacted us. for those who cant wait can write us an e-mail. [email protected]
to the video you saw i have to say that it should show how strong the buggy is (the coke bottles were full with water), no other car made it like ours.
for more infos there is a new video [link=http://www.kamitiro.de/media/videos/X-Pro_Strecke_Hang.wmv]here[/link].
Old 09-13-2005, 07:51 AM
chevyman_de

ORIGINAL: MICROS
the thing that chevyman wrote is wrong we´re in conversation with german traders. until now you can order it directly from our company, we already delieverd to france, germany, great britain and there are some traders from the u.s. who contacted us. for those who cant wait can write us an e-mail. [email protected]
Maybe I'll be wrong with what I wrote in the future (even though I don't really believe so from two decades of experience), for the time being I think I'm right. Most dealers have a problem stocking an expensive car and parts that appeal only to a limited number of customers. Let's face the truth: not everyone has the money to buy such an expensive machine.
But there's nothing wrong with a limited number of dealers, as long as those have a good stock of parts and ship fast. It just explains why the car is fairly unknown outside of Germany, even among largescale enthusiasts.

Btw, the new video is way better than its predecessor and shows the advantages of 4wd more clearly.
And oh, you should try a slightly harder shock oil for the rear.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Automan

The first video didn't show much at all. The second was better but driving on flat surface like that don't show that much about 4wd buggy performance, but it was an improvement to the first video at least.

Do a video going trough some muddy places, and tougher terrain would be much better, at least some mud.

Post more vidz, i want to see what it really can do, put it to the hard test now guys, don't do this wimpy videos any more. Common and show us some interesting hard 4wd bashing !!
Old 09-13-2005, 07:54 PM
icecreamslick

The second video was right-on, in my opinion. [sm=thumbup.gif] Half of it was shot at a track, and the other half was some general bashing, just the way I would expect to drive if I owned one. [&:]

I like the look, but is it me or is it very difficult to tell this buggy apart from a Horman HT1, or a Lauterbacher? I wonder if it was based on the design of one or both of those buggies...I have never seen either in person, so I really have no idea. Never stopped me from commenting before! [sm=pirate.gif]

Looks good. Seems to be very stable. Needs more power.

If the Mamba is also 4WD (which I'm almost positive that it is), this Kamitiro will have to be similarly priced in order to get my vote. They are both loaded with aluminum. [8D]
Old 09-14-2005, 03:56 AM
Automan

Driving on the track on the second video was a good way of showing the handling of it (and it do sound like the standard can is used, no tune pipe) The bashing part.... i sure would like to see some harder terrain and like i said mud and that kind of harder driving, and some crawling to see how good the 4wd system operates.

Yes icecreamslick, it is hard to see the difference, and they must for sure come to the same price or lower to compete. That is if they don't have some kind of wonder thing built into it
Old 09-14-2005, 04:55 AM
chevyman_de

ORIGINAL: Automan
That is if they don't have some kind of wonder thing built into it
That wonder is called 4wd. The Mamba is 2wd.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:17 AM
Automan

So the mamba IS 2wd ? then i don't see how they could be in the same price-range, if they are loaded the same with aluminum parts etc.

I will probably some day get myself a buggy but 4wd would be a given if i would to get one.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:12 AM
JRexA

I would love to se the X-Pro bashing in soft terrain(sand, mud) with MT Tires.....

As for the pricing... A FG Leopard Race with full (Elcon)Alu Upgrades is also close to that price range, and then you are still missing the 4WD..

(Edit: Added Elcon )
Old 09-14-2005, 12:13 PM
icecreamslick

Awe man, are you sure the Mamba it not 4WD?!! [:@] I was just sure I read somewhere that it was. [&o]

Oh well, no Mamba for me, then. [sm=tired.gif] For my next 1:6, I have to have something that is 4WD. I may have to sell my house, but I will have one of those expensive, all aluminum buggies.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:46 PM
chevyman_de

ORIGINAL: icecreamslick

Awe man, are you sure the Mamba it not 4WD?!! [:@] I was just sure I read somewhere that it was. [&o]
Yes, I'm sure. There are very good pics on the manufacturer's website and the drivetrain is the same as with every FG/Firehammer/Harm.... No provisions for a driven front axle whatsoever. And if they had 4wd, trust me, it would be written all over their website.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:15 PM
avgas

Hi Guys,
The Mamba is Not a 4X4.
Steve