Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

HPI Baja Buggy!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 03:47 PM
rfaster
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI Baja Buggy!!!!

Also looking for link to VIDEO-
Old 09-26-2005, 05:21 PM
USABaja5B

Sorry, my bad. It was a video of the paddle tires I was thinking of. One of the HPI Engineers is releasing personal pics from the HPI intranet. You have to have teh password to see them, but he is leaking a few for us.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:14 PM
rfaster

Any leak on release date? If its anything like the FireHammer - Tower listed it 5 months before they had any in stock.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:40 AM
BTXpress

I asked a dealer that is taking pre-orders for it. Said they "believe" around the first of November. I would hop ethey would release it prior to Xmas this year since they have started teh advertising (to some extent).

This very well maybe my first foray into Large Scale, I have been wanting to get into 1/5 6 scale for a while.

BT

Old 09-27-2005, 03:42 AM
original.mb

BTXpress

once you go large scale you will love it mate. bloody expensive hobby though[]
Old 09-27-2005, 03:55 AM
BTXpress

LOL... I can' t count the number of times I have seen people tell others that very thing on this forum. I have been reading here for @ 1 year. I love my LST and for some unknown reasons.... I am into EXPENSIVE hobbies! I did have a @4' 23cc gas boat, Helicopters, etc. I am also into Mtn Biking (large initial investment, but dont break things too much), Kayaking (still initial $$$, very little after), Motorcycle (Honda RC51, Trackdays, crashes, replacement parts.... LOTS of $$$$ and it doesn't stop), and some others along the way.

Hope to get a chance to look at the HPI shortly after its released (again, I hope its before Xmas). A Large scale offroad vehicle is in my future and every year in addition to friends and family.... I have to do some Xmas shopping for me too! LOL Earlier the better!
Old 09-27-2005, 04:03 AM
BTXpress

If I have/had any concerns.... it would be lack of interest in large scale in my neck of the woods. Its always more fun to play with others than just by yourself!!!!

Then again, I haven't really tried to reach out and find others. It was the same with Helicopters.... there were actually quite a few places within a few hours with several great people that I met from forums like this....

Well, 4am.... time for sleep!
Old 09-27-2005, 04:11 AM
original.mb

BTXPress

you will be surprised how many people are into large scale r/c. since the release of fg's mt and mb in the last 12 months its just gone massive worldwide and popularity is growing ever stronger with the release of such buggys like the new hpi
Old 09-27-2005, 04:16 AM
TurtleRacing

ORIGINAL: radio_controlled_mad

ORIGINAL: TurtleRacing

Good luck defending this thing on this forum,I made all the same points about this buggy & was flamed out of here.I think it's great.There are better forums to talk about this buggy though,they should rename this Europe 1/5 scale only!!

how can you defend a model that aint even released - yes its shiny and has pretty colours,but it needs to handle well,have parts readily available & support,have good option parts ect - no one knows the facts of this model yet,and if i remember correct before the mods locked the last hpi thread - you slagged fg off saying they were weak amongst other things - yet you dont own any large scale of any make.buy - try then comment.

You are so full of it!!!!I said FG had their share of problems & I said it would be nice to see something different in 1/5 scale.It was you "hurt my feeling FG owners" that turned it into a flaming thread,which you are apperently more then happy to do again! As far as buy one then talk,bite me!!! That's what you FG mongors don't get,people that don't have them but want to, have VALID concerns but according to you,we can't voice them!!!

Old 09-27-2005, 04:22 AM
Mad Wax

Only if or when the HPI does well with supporting spares/dealers would some people consider it. Until that comes I suggest you sit patiently and wait. I have a few concerns with the HPI (radio plate size- fitting two quarter scale plus two standard size servos for T/B then cable brakes, and in fact fit another if you move the RX box in front of the tanks) position of fuel tank, A arms strength etc. Price of parts and availability, amount of spares in warehouses etc.

Whilst we play with our FG's that are pretty common with good dealer base.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:42 AM
dazzahughesuk

No ***** mate.

ORIGINAL: Veron

BTXpress

once you go large scale you will love it mate. bloody expensive hobby though[]
Old 09-27-2005, 08:55 AM
rfaster

No worries here about replacement parts - as long as Tower is selling the unit they will have the parts. Now this may take a few months but if its anything like the Firehammer they will have a bunch of parts at good prices. Heck even my LHS might carry some. I like the looks of the Buggy and hope it handles better than my current kits.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Automan

Try to calm down a bit both of you !! Please ?

It's right, you cannot really comment a product before you have tried it your self, had it for some time. Do that then comment on it. And saying that, i love that there is more brands coming into big scale, but we can't really comment on it before it get's released, now could we? Sure it looks shiny and colorful, hey it can be a real good buggy.. it can be a disaster, we don't know that before some owner try his/her's HPI buggy for a while.

Something to think about: ALL brands have some minor things on them we don't like from factory, there is probably no exceptions there. So why should some people mark FG as a faulty maker of big scale cars (feels like kid's who want's attention) ?? (FG are no beginners you know) FG have no more then others a few minor things to change for a hard bashing, why does that make anyone want to tell everyone that it would be a bad thing to buy ? (strange some people)

This is NOT a FG only forum, although it may seam that way cause many in here have FG... but many of us have other brands to you know, most of us are not stuck on FG only.
I can say that im quite impressed with my FG, and can say i haven't had much problem with it, and I'm NOT a disappointed owner, so what's wrong with having a FG TurtleRacing ?? They do make very good cars, and have many different models to chose from, and do design their cars very good.
So stop acting like a child and call us names just because we like FG, if you got one you probably would know why we like them But as you have it in for FG, and buying one wont happen, then you will probably never know.

For god sake, stop this flaming now and post some info on the subject, and stop calling people names etc. Otherwise this will get locked to, please calm down and start to talk serious about this HPI buggy.

Sorry for the of topic, just trying to prevent yet another thread to be locked.

ORIGINAL: radio_controlled_mad

Good luck defending this thing on this forum,I made all the same points about this buggy & was flamed out of here.I think it's great.There are better forums to talk about this buggy though,they should rename this Europe 1/5 scale only!!

how can you defend a model that aint even released - yes its shiny and has pretty colours,but it needs to handle well,have parts readily available & support,have good option parts ect - no one knows the facts of this model yet,and if i remember correct before the mods locked the last hpi thread - you slagged fg off saying they were weak amongst other things - yet you dont own any large scale of any make.buy - try then comment.

You are so full of it!!!!I said FG had their share of problems & I said it would be nice to see something different in 1/5 scale.It was you "hurt my feeling FG owners" that turned it into a flaming thread,which you are apperently more then happy to do again! As far as buy one then talk,bite me!!! That's what you FG mongors don't get,people that don't have them but want to, have VALID concerns but according to you,we can't voice them!!!

Old 09-27-2005, 09:39 AM
original.mb

dazzer

lol
Old 09-27-2005, 10:05 AM
TurtleRacing

I am beginning to believe that you cannot read!!!I am not knocking FG & never did,I did say that they have their share of problems & have said many times that so do all manufacturers!!! All I have ever said from the begining is that the HPI could be very good for 1/5 scale & because I don't own 1 you FG freaks get all excited just like now!!! I have enough rc experiance to know what I am looking for in a large scale & I have the right to voice it!!! Myself & every other rc'er that doesn't own large scale but are considering it should have a voice!!! This excites me more then anything I've seen from FG!!! It's different!!! I don't want the same thing done to death!! I don't care if you die hards like to hear that or not!!
Old 09-27-2005, 10:35 AM
Automan

It's sad.... but you do make me laugh

You do seam to have some built in anger towards something, but you do put it all in the wrong places buddy
Old 09-27-2005, 10:41 AM
Apache-

TurtleRacing can you please use the exclamation mark (!) properly.
All it does makes a post look horrible and terrible to read through, the effect is lost using it each sentence 3x at the ending.
Sorry for being off-topic but let's all keep this thread alive and please readable, thanks.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Automan

Some pictures of it again

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88618.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	330068  
Old 09-27-2005, 10:57 AM
Automan

Little more... sorry, but i think this thread needs some color

Name:	Mk25411.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	330069   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt63001.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	330070  
Old 09-27-2005, 10:59 AM
Automan

I know they are not new, and have been posted before, but i thought it could be nice to show again

Edit: Don't know if it's old or not, but here is a few action pictures: http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...2&page=8&pp=25

http://www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.ph...e&partNo=10601

Name:	Ki19160.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	330072   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez81294.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	330073  
Old 09-27-2005, 11:12 AM
TurtleRacing

ORIGINAL: Apache-

TurtleRacing can you please use the exclamation mark (!) properly.
All it does makes a post look horrible and terrible to read through, the effect is lost using it each sentence 3x at the ending.
Sorry for being off-topic but let's all keep this thread alive and please readable, thanks.

This type of pettiness must run in the family!!!!
Old 09-27-2005, 09:41 PM
lauterbacher

everything needs to be put intp perspective , you guys in the u.k. and europe period have everything largescale. but not so in you're comparisons for the u.s. market. thats why H.p.i. in the u.s. will be a major boost here. I'd love to have those large scale tracks in europe.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:10 PM
WO

I live here in Indio and also have a Baja on the Tower list. Let me know how yours works and I will do the same. WO
Old 09-28-2005, 09:13 PM
WO

Which gasser is the favorite in the UK? wo
Old 09-28-2005, 09:20 PM
WO

Veron, let me know how your Baja works and I will let you know how mine does here in the Desert of CA. wo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.