Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

X-Can?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 11:43 AM
StefanL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default X-Can?

I just looked through SB Performance homepage and saw that they will sell X-Can silencers for Zen engines soon. I´m looking for a tuned pipe for my Marder but I don´t want a regular Marder pipe fitted next to the rollcage. That´s because of a "secret project" I have planned, and I need a silencer that is more integrated. I had my eyes on a Leo or road racing pipe, but now this popped up.

I´ve read about rc plane engines having X-cans, and that they perform well.

How does the performance of the X-can stand up to say a Samba?

Stefan
Old 09-23-2005, 12:56 PM
Automan

Default RE: X-Can?

They do perform better then the stock can, but i don't think you can really compare it to samba or other high end tunepipes. But it is good.. what i heard, and they say that the sound is really cool on it to. So for the money it cost's, it's worth a try [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 09-23-2005, 01:18 PM
StefanL

Mmmkay.....

The price difference between a Samba and an X-Can wouldn´t be all that much for me (or you). I can have a Samba for 169 euro plus shipping, an X-Can would be something like 80 dollars plus shipping plus tax duties etc. Would land on a little over 110 euros equiv. and in that case I´ll most likely go for a Samba if the difference in performance is significant.

It would be nice to hear if anyone of you out there has any experience with the X-Can, that would make my decision easier.

Stefan
Old 09-23-2005, 05:25 PM
Monstrous

i think it would be around 80 euros for the Xcan mate

on ebay UK they sell them for £49.99 so that is roughly 80-85 euros?

Monstrous
Old 09-24-2005, 06:09 AM
original.mb

x-can makes your mt sound like the real thing and i have been told that the bottom end is much better
Old 09-24-2005, 03:00 PM
Croozer
My Feedback: (1)

Two strokes need a tuned expansion chamber style pipe like a Samba, FG, or JetPro.
The X-can will probably be better that the stock exhaust, but I don't think it will compare to a real tuned pipe.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:33 PM
hellya

They X can looks almost like a chromed version of my stock muffler on my firehammer
It may be a step up from a stock muffler but its not no where near the performance of a good tune pipe
Old 09-25-2005, 12:25 AM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: StefanL

I just looked through SB Performance homepage and saw that they will sell X-Can silencers for Zen engines soon. I´m looking for a tuned pipe for my Marder but I don´t want a regular Marder pipe fitted next to the rollcage. That´s because of a "secret project" I have planned, and I need a silencer that is more integrated. I had my eyes on a Leo or road racing pipe, but now this popped up.

I´ve read about rc plane engines having X-cans, and that they perform well.

How does the performance of the X-can stand up to say a Samba?

Stefan
XCan's have been available for zenoah's for awhile now...They don't perform as well as expansion chambered pipes do but they are better than a stock pipe...

RC Planes run hollow pipes and they are light weight...I've never seen nor heard of a plane using a xcan since a alum pitt's muffler is only $25 for a plane...xcan's $80+
Old 09-26-2005, 07:06 AM
original.mb

i really like the simplicity of the x-can + there is a whole heap of add-ons for it so you can customize to your own needs
Old 09-26-2005, 09:53 AM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an X-Can and the large X-port on my FG Monster Beetle. I like the way it looks, performs (compared to stock), and the way it sounds, but it is simply not comparable to a tuned pipe. [&o]

There is a definite power improvement, but it is hard to identify where in the acceleration curve it is most evident.

It has more low-end torque, but it will not lift the front tires.
It seems to produce more mid-range power than anything.
Top-end seems about the same, with maybe a touch more power.

If the Samba is anywhere near the same price, buy it instead. I would recommend a tuned pipe over a can exhaust any day.

http://www.davesmotors.com/store/product228.html