Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Anyone run in Northern California?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Anyone run in Northern California?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 09:34 PM
rfaster
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone run in Northern California?

Ok - so I saw the other "Anyone run in my area post" and here is one for NCal. I'm pretty sure there is no where to run (other than Morgan Hill)... anyone - anyone?
Old 09-27-2005, 10:41 PM
DesertEagle

Default RE: Anyone run in Northern California?

im in southern ca sorry
Old 09-28-2005, 12:54 AM
Railinrob

Carmel-Monterey here
Old 09-28-2005, 08:47 AM
rfaster

Rail - where do you run in Monterey?
Old 09-28-2005, 09:50 AM
R/C Modelsport

ORIGINAL: rfaster

Ok - so I saw the other "Anyone run in my area post" and here is one for NCal. I'm pretty sure there is no where to run (other than Morgan Hill)... anyone - anyone?
We run at the Rams club in Santa Clara near Great America. Our next race is Oct. 16th. We predominately run Touring Cars, but we have a few F1's that make here way out for a little fun.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:53 AM
rfaster

RC - Gotcha I have seen a few of the races - pretty nice setup. I should have been more specific in my TITLE - At present I'm only running FG DIRT (MT's MB's) -

Anyone in Northern CA running Dirt -

Thx.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:12 AM
R/C Modelsport

Morgan Hill has a few large scalers out there. Hobby World in Cupertino has a track that is free to run on. Antioch has a huge outdoor track that may or may not let large scalers on the track.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:58 PM
randyg-rcu

That's not northern california. If you can't get to oregon on a tank of gas, you're in central california. live with it. :P

I'm in Eureka area (about an hour and a half from oregon, on the coast), if there's anyone around here.. unfortunately, I have neither r/c nor full sized cars at the moment (found out yesterday my full-size car has a nice crack in the head), so no r/c cars to bash with and no big-size car to get there with...

--Randy
Old 09-28-2005, 04:57 PM
rfaster

hobby world had to close the track a while ago ----- Its a flat empty field. morganhill is a bit too far for normal use and from What I hear it Will be forced to Close due to noise! the future for running dirt is getting Worse and worse.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:27 PM
Railinrob

anywere I can, the old folks on carmel beach freak when I take it there at low tide [>:].Usually mtb trails in pebble beach were the monterey sheriff usually shows up looking for a guy on a dirtbike as the sound really resonates in the forest.I've got a firehammer I'm runnin
Old 09-29-2005, 07:26 PM
triton5150

fresno/clovis pretty close to the center of cali. whole lotta bashin spots but i think im one of the only ones around here that does. this area is just wierd, even the hobby stores stink. anyone in san jose that lives near sheldons is blessed, i love that place.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:13 PM
rfaster

Sheldons is a good shop - but its really all we have here. Unfortunately buying the cars/trucks is the easy part - finding a place to run is the hard part and is a big reason no one really runs here. We are taking several FG's and some 1/8th's to Morgan Hill today... to see if we can break something :-)
Old 10-01-2005, 02:41 AM
avery4jc
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: triton5150

fresno/clovis pretty close to the center of cali. whole lotta bashin spots but i think im one of the only ones around here that does. this area is just wierd, even the hobby stores stink. anyone in san jose that lives near sheldons is blessed, i love that place.
*sigh*
That hurts...lol I know what you mean man, I work there and even I'm fed up w/ all the crap there lately. I don't think that were ever going to get that move next door done. The new proposal date is the week before thanksgiving, yeah that'll go over well lets move into a 10,000 sq. ft. shop the week before thanksgiving! Just Crazy!
Anyways Fresno here so central Cali. but if you want to make the trip we've got about 6 guys w/ about 8 monster beetles and mt5's that we're starting a series for.
(I bet you didn't know that did ya' adam?)
We are taking over the Madera track at the end of this points series and Aaron and I are going to run it so large scale racing here we come!
Old 10-01-2005, 04:05 AM
triton5150

i just wish they could get it together. so much potential and it seems they are stunting the area. maybe its just me cause im always doing something different. id be up for racing though. your probably gonna scream but i bought two more buggies. still need a carrier plate and some gears. i was to busy to order any, where do you think i can get them the fastest? dont take it personal i know you do your best to make things happen in the store.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:48 AM
avery4jc
My Feedback: (10)

I know what your talking about man that's why I've taken over rockets (don't laugh guys I'm a high powered rocket guy besides an r.c. guy) and I've also taken over anything that has true power and sheer size, ie 1/4 and 1/5 scale....
I'm calling in an order for Brent Sinclair (he's ordering two fg trucks and some gears) on monday so if you PM me I'll order your stuff to and then just go and talk to Justin on Thursday or so (I'm going to Nashville on Tuesday for a week so I won't be there when the parts come in) and say that I ordered it for you since there won't be a slip filled out but you can still just go and pick them up. Your call though

-Avery
Old 10-03-2005, 10:06 PM
apposite

look no further ( northern california )
all vehicles welcome

http://whocaresproductionz.com/tracklocal.htm

is the map to the new track location

we run on sundays starting at 9am until 5-6pm.
we do not require roar membership
electric as well as nitro welcome
(1:5), 1:8, 1:10, 1:12 scale welcome
beginner to expert driving
COVERED racing (rain or shine)

cafe'
all amenities
CLEAN bathrooms

more track information

clark
[email protected]
Old 10-05-2005, 12:34 AM
rfaster

If I was running street FG I'd check out your track (looks like a nice place to run)- too bad its 2 hours out of San Jose. Guess I'm stuck running dirt at Morgan Hill.