Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

1/6 Offroad - Track requirements?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

1/6 Offroad - Track requirements?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 02:58 AM
gonsped69
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/6 Offroad - Track requirements?

Our local RC club is moving onto from a temporary netball track to a permanent area where it will be having both a dedicated offroad and onroad track. They are going very professional and it "seems" to be of national grade quality if not international quality.

We have yet to have a large scale RC class (need min. 3 ppl, so far only 2) but the onroad track have been designed to cater for 5th scale onroad.

The club manager has little or next to no knowledge on large scale RC and I am surprised they factored in 5th scale cars in their design.

He has asked me to provide him some "track requirements" for a 6th scale offroad track. I have never seen one or have only heard very little of 1/6 offroad tracks.

The club manager is meeting with the local council to discuss land leases this coming Monday, I was wondering if anyone have any idea what this "track requirement" really is?

Below is a picture of the final on-road track design.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73565.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	331440  
Old 09-30-2005, 03:27 AM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: 1/6 Offroad - Track requirements?

Basically you need something similar to a technical 1/8 buggy track, just on a bigger scale.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:01 AM
gonsped69
My Feedback: (6)

Any ideas on the "bigger size"?

Minimum lane width? [&:]

Maximum length? [&:]
Old 09-30-2005, 04:24 AM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

I am not sure as to the specifics.... I am just going by what I have seen in some videos. We have yet to get a 1/6th track where I am, so I still run my 1/8 buggy on race day. I'd say maybe 20-25 meter long back straight and probably 1 and a half to 2 meter lane widths. Look [link=http://www.molzermoweryracing.com/download/dirt2-8-3-04.WMV]here[/link] <---- it's a movie.... not the best view but gives an idea atleast. As far a the over all scale, look at the on road track that is already designed.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:14 AM
HeatFire

this is just my thoughts.. but shouldnt you make it wide enought to drive it? :P i think the best way is to try diffrent sizes.. i mean.. all depends on how good the drivers is.. i mean.. car is 50cm you could probebly drive on a 1.5 meter track.. or less.. but it would probebly take some skills.. well i 've only drived on my own "tracks" out in some fields:P
Old 09-30-2005, 03:23 PM
jeepfreak1972

I ask the same ? a few months back for my personal track. I guy from the uk that raced over there said 250ft long and 12 to 15 wide lanes. My track is 230 x 150 with 12 to 15 ft lanes. Mine is more of a fast track , not real technical. I have a 48ft tripple, 1 table top, one jump in a turn and a woop section. My straitaway is 230 ft.