Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

manufacturers

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 10:34 PM
voodoo
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default manufacturers

i know theres harm, fg, duratrax and now hpi.....but are there any other large scale manufacturers? if so links to them would be great thanks.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:51 PM
hpiguy

Default RE: manufacturers

Actually Smartech os the builder of the Duratrax line of large scales.

And Traxxas makes that one buggy. And I think there's a company called MCD too.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:53 PM
voodoo

i forgot about the monster buggy traxxas makes lol
Old 10-12-2005, 12:02 AM
gonsped69

Carson also sells rebranded Smartech vehicles (primarily in Europe)
Old 10-12-2005, 12:53 AM
MrMikeG

Bergonzoni
Do Raco still make buggies?
Old 10-12-2005, 01:22 AM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

WCM, New Era (not so much anymore [&o] ), ummmmmm Lauterbacher (sp?), Yankee, QRS..... I am drawing a blank as to any more. "xnacx" (or I guess it's "quarterscalelegends" now) would know of any others I would assume.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:23 AM
mightycasey
Banned

Where have you been looking??? 1/4 scale is dead with the brands you listed. Almost all are not manufactured anymore. 1/5 and 1/6 scale is the only thing around now selling well.

If you did get paid to do this , I guess it would be Paco's. Not the Us dollar.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:59 AM
R/C Modelsport

Technokit

SVM

RS5

Dynamic

JA Racing
Old 10-12-2005, 05:47 PM
Acs_guitars

ORIGINAL: mightycasey

Where have you been looking??? 1/4 scale is dead with the brands you listed. Almost all are not manufactured anymore. 1/5 and 1/6 scale is the only thing around now selling well.

He did not ask of ones still in production. I am just naming off manufacturers.... Learn to read, then critisize, you remind me of someone already booted off the forums. A good thing to go by is this, if you have no helpful information, don't post! If all you do is critisize then you are flaming and that is an RCU No No and you end up on moderated status after being reported by those you flame. Hope you don't have the same fate as the other I refferd too, it would be a shame!! Peace!!

,ACE
BTW ... it is PESO not Paco.... Paco is a name.... Peso is a form of currency.[sm=stupid.gif]
Old 10-12-2005, 05:51 PM
mightycasey
Banned

???????????? Wheres the beef.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:34 PM
voo2doo

Nice name VOODOO,how long have ya been on this forum????
Vo02DOO.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:57 PM
voodoo

since 2002......i was on rco when it was around

Old 10-12-2005, 08:00 PM
voodoo

ORIGINAL: Acs_guitars

He did not ask of ones still in production. I am just naming off manufacturers.... Learn to read, then critisize, you remind me of someone already booted off the forums. A good thing to go by is this, if you have no helpful information, don't post! If all you do is critisize then you are flaming and that is an RCU No No and you end up on moderated status after being reported by those you flame. Hope you don't have the same fate as the other I refferd too, it would be a shame!! Peace!!

,ACE
BTW ... it is PESO not Paco.... Paco is a name.... Peso is a form of currency.[sm=stupid.gif]

sorry....i am looking for manufacturers that are around now, i just want to know what all is out there before i move into large scale

Old 10-13-2005, 01:42 AM
Acs_guitars

ORIGINAL: voodoo

sorry....i am looking for manufacturers that are around now, i just want to know what all is out there before i move into large scale

[link=http://www.wcm-corp.com/]WCM[/link], [link=http://www.lauterbacher.com/html/index.html]Lauterbacher[/link], and [link=http://perso.wanadoo.fr/2c.modelisme/]Yankee [/link] are all three still around in that case. [link=http://www.nemscalecars.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?part_id=2826&session_id=foychvdlkfrxouxlhsadrtbgruquavon]New Era[/link] has the 1/6 Savage conversion...... QRS is the only one that can not be found. All of these companies do still exist, a quick GOOGLE search of any of the manufacturer names shows that. Doesn't take much effort either. My reply was to mightycasey who seemingly does not know his stuff as to who is still around. Your best bet to get into large scale is an FG. They have the best parts support of any 1/6 and 1/5 company. Good pricing and a realy good product. The other option (a very good one) is to wait for the HPI to come out and see some stats and reviews. It looks to be an awesome setup and I am considering buying one to go along with my Marder which would then be converted to an MT .
Old 10-13-2005, 12:29 PM
mightycasey
Banned

Your own words of wisdom" You don't Know your stuff To who is still around". So practice what you preach!!! YOU are NOT the EXPERT on 1/4 scale.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:46 PM
Acs_guitars

Your own words of wisdom" You don't Know your stuff To who is still around". So practice what you preach!!! YOU are NOT the EXPERT on 1/4 scale.

Who said anything about being an expert?? I gave links to support my statement, can you do the same?? I know what I know from others on these forums, first and foremost Melfrancis... HE is an expert and I wish he would come back around. Here is the list of [link=http://www.quarterscalelegends.com/Links.html]links [/link] from "Quarterscalelegends" site. All of these companies in the list are in production to some degree. I hope this info is somewhat helpful to Voodoo who is the one we should be replying to anyway .
Old 10-13-2005, 01:00 PM
hellya

Try any 1/5 scale...... smarttech, carson, firehammer, fg they all have 97% interchangeable parts.
Ive seen the Carson Commanche for 400 euros $480. US, brand new (no radio system)
Old 10-16-2005, 08:33 PM
voodoo

ORIGINAL: hellya

Try any 1/5 scale...... smarttech, carson, firehammer, fg they all have 97% interchangeable parts.
Ive seen the Carson Commanche for 400 euros $480. US, brand new (no radio system)

you have a link to that commanche?
Old 10-16-2005, 08:34 PM
voodoo

Who said anything about being an expert?? I gave links to support my statement, can you do the same?? I know what I know from others on these forums, first and foremost Melfrancis... HE is an expert and I wish he would come back around. Here is the list of [link=http://www.quarterscalelegends.com/Links.html]links [/link] from "Quarterscalelegends" site. All of these companies in the list are in production to some degree. I hope this info is somewhat helpful to Voodoo who is the one we should be replying to anyway .

thanks for the link acs
Old 10-16-2005, 08:35 PM
voodoo

thanks for the link acs
Old 10-16-2005, 08:39 PM
voodoo

what kind of abuse can you put the larger scale cars and trucks through?