Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Here's all my "alloy" bits

Old 10-28-2005, 04:39 AM
jimbo1890

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's all my "alloy" bits

I thought I'd show everyone the "alloy" bits and pieces that I have so far. I know I dont have as much "alloy" as some people but I aim to purchase more "alloy" in the near future.

here is a definition of Aluminium I found when I googled
aluminum (É™lÅ«'mÄ*nÉ™m) , called in British countries aluminium (ăl'yÅ«mÄ*n'Ä“É™m) , metallic chemical element; symbol Al; at. no. 13; at. wt. 26.98154; m.p. 660.37°C; b.p. 2,467°C; sp. gr. 2.6989 at 20°C; valence +3.

Aluminum is a silver-white metal with a face-centered cubic crystalline structure. It is a member of group IIIa of the periodic table. It is ductile, malleable, and an excellent conductor of heat and electricity. The pure metal is soft, but it becomes strong and hard when alloyed. Although less conductive than copper wire of the same diameter, aluminum wire is often used for high-tension power transmission because it is lighter and cheaper. Although it is chemically very reactive, aluminum resists corrosion by the formation of a self-protecting oxide coating. It is rapidly attacked by alkalies (such as lye) and by hydrochloric acid.
"The pure metal is soft, but it becomes strong and hard when alloyed."

I don't know about some others here but my "alloy" is both hard and strong.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99243.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	345235   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc91964.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	345236   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk15415.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	345237  
Old 10-28-2005, 07:29 AM
OZ LST

Default RE: Here's all my "alloy" bits

Looks sweet, what brand parts are they?
Old 10-28-2005, 08:12 AM
jimbo1890

They are Krikke racing bits manufactured by Elcon and the quality and finish is excellent.
Old 10-28-2005, 01:45 PM
speedbuggy67

Thanks for clearing the air with that definition of aluminum Jimbo!
Old 10-28-2005, 02:31 PM
hellya

did the alloy come blue or did you have it powder coated
Old 10-28-2005, 03:55 PM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

I Think the Krikke parts are offerend in chrome/blue and red. Very nice to have the selection to choose. I have the Elcon and I've changed my rear arms to KP Designs. They have a set toe in so they are solid arms, more adjustment points and the assembly lifts your diff up also so you clear the borrom of the chassis similar to the Leopard race design.

http://www.kp-designs.co.uk/images/rear%20wish.jpg
Old 10-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Canadian_RC
Banned

The base metal is aluminum, and it is alloyed with small amounts of other materials. Calling it "alloy" could mean it is an alloy of any 2 metals. Its an "aluminum alloy".
Old 10-28-2005, 08:52 PM
jeepfreak1972

You getting on here after less than 1 month as a member and acting like you are the all knowing metal god and saying we are all dumb asses for saying alloy even though everyone knows what it means, is BS. Go join a metal nerd forum you jackass. ALLOY ALLOY ALLOY ALLOY ALLOY ALLOY
Old 10-28-2005, 09:10 PM
Canadian_RC
Banned

So the length of time I have been a member on this site dictates how much I know about metallurgy, and RC? Give me a freaking break. I am just trying to teach you guys the proper terms so that someone doesnt come on this site and read "alloy suspension arms" and think they are getting zinc-copper alloy (brass) arms painted silver. Anyone who reads this post and continues to refer to aluminum alloy as "alloy" is a retard. End of story.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:29 PM
speedbuggy67

You getting on here after less than 1 month as a member and acting like you are the all knowing metal god and saying we are all dumb asses for saying alloy even though everyone knows what it means, is BS. Go join a metal nerd forum you jackass. ALLOY ALLOY ALLOY ALLOY ALLOY ALLOY
AMEN!
Old 10-28-2005, 09:42 PM
jimbo1890

canadian rc
I am just trying to teach you guys the proper terms so that someone doesnt come on this site and read "alloy suspension arms" and think they are getting zinc-copper alloy (brass) arms painted silver
Funniest comment I have read for a long time. brass wishbones Ha Ha Ha

canadian rc
Anyone who reads this post and continues to refer to aluminum alloy as "alloy" is a retard
I don't really care what a pedantic, precious kid thinks. I will continue to call my alloy pieces just that and if it twists you up so much mabe you should find some other forum to annoy.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:28 PM
Canadian_RC
Banned

If there were any other people that knew anything about metallurgy on this forum they would be saying the same thing, but it seems that everyone on this forum is dumb, and stubborn, so Im not going to try to tell you the proper terminology anymore, as you are too dumb and stubbron to care. Keep on using your zinc/copper, or steel/magnesium/molybdenum/tugsten, or aluminum/copper/titanium/zinc "alloy" arms.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:37 PM
SELWA
My Feedback: (1)

Fg calls all their stuff alloy but some are cnc'ed and some are stamped. When you own a large scale you get to know who makes what and when someone mentions alloy we know what they mean.

What do you guys think about having aluminum arms coated with carbon fibre. That would cost some coin wouldn't it. Bottom line is that we all drive these beauties and fix what breaks. It always comes down to money and how much you are willing to spend.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:42 PM
Canadian_RC
Banned

CNC milling and stamping have nothing to do with the alloying elements. CNC milling is a process of machining intricate parts to exact specs, stamping is used for stamping flat parts out of aluminum alloy. The aluminum starts out in billet or sheet form with the alloying elements already mixed into it to form an alloy before the machining process even begins.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:43 PM
hellya

ORIGINAL: Canadian_RC

it seems that everyone on this forum is dumb, and stubborn, so Im not going to try to tell you the proper terminology anymore, as you are too dumb and stubbron to care.

Anyone who reads this post and continues to refer to aluminum alloy as "alloy" is a retard
You know..... I tried to make light of your attacks by joking with you but you continue to to attack people on this forum on a personal level becuase they have different views, expressions or opinions than you. WHY?

People here are not dumb and who are you to judge anyone?

You need to pick your battles in life carefully there are alot more important things in life than jumping down peoples throats for using a slang word to discribe a upgrade.......... we all know what we are refering to when we use the slang " alloy"
Old 10-28-2005, 11:13 PM
Canadian_RC
Banned

Fair enough... lets end this crap, friends?
Old 10-29-2005, 02:52 AM
MrMikeG

Call it "Alloy" like the rest of us and we can be friends, keep correcting and you can go play with yourself.
Funny thing is the Ebay ad that started all this called it Alloy yet you didn't email him to correct his vocabulary but yet you come on here pushing your weight around?? If your really interested in correcting the terminology do it at the source.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:00 AM
Canadian_RC
Banned

I will not call it alloy as it is the improper terminology, I will call it aluminum alloy. You guys can call it whatever you want, call it alloy, be wrong, I dont care anymore. Yes it is the wrong terminology and can cause confusion, but you obviously dont want to be corrected. The reason I mentioned it on here is because I havent seen one thread where someone mentioned the word "aluminum" or "aluminum alloy" its alloy this, alloy that and it gets annoying to go through threads reading improper terminology.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:29 AM
StefanL

Canadian_RC, you are correct. I don´t like either the use of "alloy" instead of aluminium alloy. But I understand what people mean when they do...

The thing is, you can´t go around calling people retards and expect them to change their behaviour. To most this is a rather insignificant issue, and nothing to get all rowdy about.

Stefan
Old 10-29-2005, 07:01 AM
jeepfreak1972

ORIGINAL: Canadian_RC

So the length of time I have been a member on this site dictates how much I know about metallurgy, and RC? Give me a freaking break. I am just trying to teach you guys the proper terms so that someone doesnt come on this site and read "alloy suspension arms" and think they are getting zinc-copper alloy (brass) arms painted silver. Anyone who reads this post and continues to refer to aluminum alloy as "alloy" is a retard. End of story.
This is the last thing I am going to say about this. You missed my point. It is not about the lenght of time equals what you know. It is how you are using what you know that is offensive to the people on here. You are new to this forum and look what you have started. All over a slang term that everone on here knows we mean aluminum parts for these cars. I want to get along with everyone and the way you went about it is not the way to do it. I am not a retard. When I graduated high school at age 18 I already was Michigan State certified in Diesel engine rebuilding, heavy duty gas engine rebuilding, automotive brake repair and automotive engine tune up. I went to a tech school for the last 2 yrs of high school. Now I work as a fabricator in a huge factory where we see more metal in a week than you will probably see in your life. I know what alloy means and I know I use it as slang. Deal with it. I'm not braging, just letting you know that you are not the only person on this forum that is intelligent. You know your craft. Good. We don't want it pushed in our faces. I will be the big man here and say than I am sorry for calling you a jackass and you should do the same to the rest of this forum for the dumbass and retard coments. I hope you do not treat your students like you have been treating us.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:10 AM
kiora

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow all this over aloooominum [&:] you couldnt make it up

see ya
Col.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:10 AM
J_D

slang is part of everyday life... get over it
Old 10-29-2005, 10:32 AM
fourwheeler

So the brass alloy rear a-arms I bought from Elcon are gonna break??? That is why Igot'em in the first place to prevent breaking the plastic ones. Should I go get some alloy ones like you guys have?? Or are my brass ones ok? Please let me know as I am scared to drive my truck until I know better.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Canadian_RC
Banned

Fourwheeler, If you have brass suspension arms I would reccomend buying some T6-6061 aluminum alloy arms. Brass is known to be soft and heavy compared to most aluminum alloys.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:49 PM
jeepfreak1972

No problem. Welcome to the forum. Now lets get to back giant scale RC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.