Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Giant Scale Cars
Reload this Page >

Parts compatibility: FireHammer Vs. FG

Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

Parts compatibility: FireHammer Vs. FG

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 03:29 PM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts compatibility: FireHammer Vs. FG

Hi All,

OK… this isn’t the “Which one is better” thread… All I want to know is, If I buy a FireHammer… Can things like the alloy arms, bulkheads, etc. for the FG’s be used on the FireHammer? (and clones) Or… more importantly… if I make a 4WD kit… should it work on the FG’s?

I’ve been making some custom stuff for the Maxx’s, and for the Cen guys… and I figured I’d try my hand on the 1/5th scale stuff. You may remember me from my Maxx Gasser. But now I have access to a CNC mill… so no more garage, hand built stuff.

Thanks
Old 11-09-2005, 03:44 PM
hellya

Default RE: Parts compatibility: FireHammer Vs. FG

95 % of fg is interchangeable with the firehammer........ Carson attack hopups 100% interchangeable
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80199.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	351441  
Old 11-09-2005, 03:49 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

I think the bulkheads on the FH are different than the FG and might be a problem in compatability of the front end. I have only seen a FH and really have no experience with this, so if I am wrong I am open for correction. The rear is 100% the same I believe other than the diff internals and gear carrier on the engine. Your work (what I have seen) is great and just as with the Maxx gasser, keep us informed on parts... I like new options!
Old 11-09-2005, 04:17 PM
jeepfreak1972

The rear is not the same. The FH has shorter arms and the angle of the holes that the rods thread into is narrower than FG. I tried to put hammer rear lower arms on my MB and they do not fit right. You have to force them to work and they are under constant stress from being spread apart to far to align the rod ends with the holes in the chassis. Also you have to adjust them so far out because the FG axles are longer than the FH, that there is hardly any threads holding the link in th arm. The uppers I think are the same but not sure.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:37 PM
hellya

Did you try the opposite........... putting FG rear arms on the FH.

I bought alloy FG arms they worked great
Old 11-09-2005, 05:52 PM
jeepfreak1972

Nope. I don't have a FH. i did just put FH tires and wheels on my MB. Had to add some washers between the wheel and the nut that holds the wheel on. Rear only. Strange not the front too. Now I know why some people are going from monster to marder. The handling is much better.